John's Sub 7.3.

I’ve put this on the back burner for a while due to bashing my head against a wall. but after some research, finding some old macro notes and talking to some people I gave it another crack and now it’s performing closer
so something I’m more comfortable with. still, alittle rough around the edges and requires a but of user effort but it’s giving me a bit more direction

It consists of 2 macros
the first (Subway) is your base rotation macro with cooldowns etc,
the second, (SubShadow) is a simple sequence that fires shadow dance, some Shadow Strikes ending with an Eviscerate.

IMPORTANT! both macros need to be added to GSE but only need to use Subway, and Do not rename SubShadow to anything else.

When using macro fire Subway off as per normal, whenever you need to Shadow Dance holding Alt will Trigger
SubShadow to fire and run the sequence. once the sequence has completed it with start again with a shadow dance, so letting go of Alt will switch it back to the standard rotation. Holding alt while no charges of Dance are available will cause you to just auto attack.

at time of testing my rogue is only 875, no leggos or optimised stats and after initial burst would level at 500k average on a training dummy. this came down to how well I controlled my Shadowdance usage as i could push high at time just getting used to things and wanting to smooth things out.

Small Update:
added marked for Death for those that wish to talent into it.
and some are finding more dps can be gained by taking Deeper Strategem, Dark Shadow and Marked for Death
but without decent gear, it may suffer.

feed back appreciated.

Sequences['Subway'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/click [mod:alt] SubShadow",
        "/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth",
        "/cast [stealth] Shadowstrike",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Shadowstep",
        "/cast Marked for Death",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast Shadowstep",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Goremaw's Bite",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Backstab, Backstab, Nightblade, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Shadow Blades",
        "/cast [combat] Symbols of Death",
      },
    },
  },
}
Sequences['SubShadow'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.02.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=5  Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

The initial burst is quite good. It does have a period of just auto-attacks in longer fights. What I do in that case is spam Shuriken Storm however many times is needed to get to 5 combo points (usually only 1 or 2 times) then dump the combo points. It basically starts the macro up again much faster than waiting on energy and maintains the DPS quite nicely. I’m only 854 ilvl and I’m usually top DPS even with higher geared players. Excluding hunters. Because reasons.

I appear to be having issues while testing this.

As mentioned above it’s got an amazing burst but something is happening in the macro that only uses Shadow Dance once after the initial burst but i never go below 2 charges. As the 3rd charge comes up i stop using any abilities and then everything falls off while i just auto attack.
I experimented by moving and removing some of the /casts but this didn’t help at all, for some reason after the first burst followed by the 2nd Shadow Dance it would just freeze still.

Found the issue in the /castsequence line.

For some reason it will not pass Shadowstrike, possibly because it can’t cast it or pass the line if not in stealth/shadow dance.

As soon as i removed those 2 from the castsequence, it would continue on. Not perfectly but it stopped freezing up.

[quote quote=50421] As soon as i removed those 2 from the castsequence, it would continue on. Not perfectly but it stopped freezing up.
[/quote]

What exactly did you remove?

[quote quote=50471]

As soon as i removed those 2 from the castsequence, it would continue on. Not perfectly but it stopped freezing up.

What exactly did you remove? [/quote]Remove both instances of Shadowstrike from the castsequence line.

thanks for the feedback, I’ve just leveled a second rogue for testing this, again I had no issues with it locking up and will look again.

if you took Shadow strike out during the shadow dance part what is the casting instead?

I should also stress the importance of the talents with this macro. as the sequence is kind of tuned for it
as the idea is to try and evenly space shadow dances to ensure at least one is always available when needed,
so shortening the sequences will disrupt that

thanks for the feedback, I’ve just leveled a second rogue for testing this, again I had no issues with it locking up and will look again.

if you took Shadow strike out during the shadow dance part what is the casting instead?

I should also stress the importance of the talents with this macro. as the sequence is kind of tuned for it
as the idea is to try and evenly space shadow dances to ensure at least one is always available when needed,
so shortening the sequences will disrupt that

OK, did some tests, i got 360K DPS over 82 million damage to Raider’s Training Dummy.
iLevel SUB 857, 43 weapon points, 360K dps
iLevel ASN 862, 47 weapon points, 387K dps

On second though. I used it for a few world quests and after the initial burst it’s dead in the water. just auto-attacks…

EDIT: Macro was trying to keep casting Shadow Blades and Goremaw’s Bite. I had 5 combo points and full energy, full macro freeze.

EDIT2: So I put Shadow Blades on an ALT modifier key, and the macro DID NOT lock up.
Over 82 million damage, 360K DPS. I used Shadow Blades 2 times and the macro used Goremaw’s Bite 4 times.
Edit this line to be: /cast [combat, mod:alt] Shadow Blades

I am still relying on this part of the macro:
“/cast [stealth] Shadowstrike”, in the Keypress. Because it’s looking at the condition of stealth it’s typically ignored by the rest of the macro until it’s met.

I have been using your talent selection apart 100 as i put in Marked for Death and it’s just replacing combo points instead of energy so this shouldn’t affect it in anyway.

So Cymiryc what are you saying, lil confused sry :wink:

Not much, or maybe i am?!

Just reponding to John so it looks like i am being random.

All i was saying is i followed John’s suggested Talent build except the lvl 100 talent.
That i removed the 2 Shadowstrikes from the macro to make it work but i was also then relying on the Shadowstrike still in the Keypress option of the macro to fire off when i went into Stealth during Shadow Dances :slight_smile:

cym, so you have a shadow dance seq. whith sstrikes ? other then this 1 by john

No, i think you’re misunderstanding me a little and i apologise if i am confusing anyone.

John has 3 Shadowstrikes in his macro.

1 in KeyPress and 2 in the /castsequence line.

I have removed the 2 in the /castsequence line only as castsequences are known to lock up if it can’t progress a skill. I have left the skill in KeyPress as it’s using the [stealth] conditional so it will be ignored by the macro until you go into steal/shadow dance. So i am not losing out on anything. This was the way i got the macro to progress and i was able to use it for 5 minutes+ without a lock up.

After i tested the macro this way and partly identified the issue i made my own slight modification to add another skill and this didnt break the macro, it continued to use all skills and not lock up.

HOWEVER,

I need to re-test the full macro in a live mob environment to be sure if i see the same issue of lock up or not as the testing i did was possibly unfair and it is not a true reflection of the macro

Testing on a Training Dummy was performed with both of Cym’s two edits; remove the two Shadowstrikes and add alt condition on the KeyPress ShadowStrike.

Within 30 seconds, the macro had fallen into Melee Attacks only. My DPS burst up to 150K+ and then dropped to 43K within 55 seconds. After 15 seconds it was below 75.

iLevel 873, 490K DPS, 55 million damage, Assassination 48 points in weapon (2 relics)
iLevel 870, 450K dps, 60 million damage, Subtley 46 points in weapon (1 relic)
Once I get full relics I believe Sub will take over ASN!
I’m using a modified macro from original post, DOES NOT include Cym’s edits. (NO LOCKUPS/FREEZES)

Sequences['Subway'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [@focus,exists] Tricks of the Trade",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat, mod:alt] Shadow Blades",
        "/castsequence  reset=1  Backstab, Backstab, Shadow Dance, Nightblade, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=50571]Testing on a Training Dummy was performed with both of Cym’s two edits; remove the two Shadowstrikes and add alt condition on the KeyPress ShadowStrike.
Within 30 seconds, the macro had fallen into Melee Attacks only. My DPS burst up to 150K+ and then dropped to 43K within 55 seconds. After 15 seconds it was below 75.
[/quote]

Whoa Whoa there, lets not pervert what i actually said.

I only provided feedback as John originally ask, and then later further clarification of that feedback on the posts i made. In no way did i add any official edits or re-posting of any macro.
I also did not add the mod alt option.
I also stated i gave the macro an unfair test/run because i only tested it out against a dummy.

Ok so I’ve been busy and managed to recreate the issues some posted
and spent a few day testing out in the world, with what I have below and will update the OP wit hit for more testing.

I will also try Burx adjustments as Have only just noticed it when I came to post my findings.

The first thing I discovered if using an on-use item that interrupts your character, like Draught of souls.
it messes the sequence. If macro fires shadow dance then decides to fire the trinket and by the time it finishes the animation Dance has worn off but macro is trying to Shadow strike and hangs at that point.

The second issue I found Goremaw’s will also cause the issue if the when it was on CD for some reason.
do I had to fiddle some but my recent tests are what I have is working and would like some other tests to see if I have truly fixed it or not.

Sequences['Subway'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Nofia@Muradin",
  SpecID=261,
  Talents = "2333231",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Shadowstep",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Backstab, Backstab, Shadow Dance, Nightblade, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat] Shadow Blades",
      },
    },
  },
}

It still freezes up, even when I put Goremaw’s Bite on the alt modifier. It must be freezing in some other place.
EDIT: Seems to be freezing when trying to use Shadowstrike when not in “stealth”
iLevel 876, 450K dps, 104 million damage, Subtley 46 points in weapon (2 relics)

my rogue is lvl 57 and also freezing and i got the feeling it freeze when shadow dance is on cd