Legion Shadow Priest

I am feeling like an all in one for SP that doesn’t overspam some spells and skip higher ones is going to be impossible, however if you’re bound and determined to be lazy, this got me 21.5K at level 99 (GS 652) even though it jams up every once in a while. It rarely casts mind flay, which is good but it would probably be fine if it cast that instead of jamming. If you see errors in the code or know how to fix that, I’d greatly appreciate the input.

I am going to make a few basic macros for castsequence sw:p, vt, sw:d, then void eruption and bolts as separate from all the rest. It puts more responsibility on the player but is bound to get better dps if they can watch their dots and insanity.

----- Priest

Sequences[‘Shadow1’] = {
author=“ForeverMor”,
specID=258,
version=1,
authorversion = “v1.3 Legion 7.0.3”,
helpTxt = “1312231”,
lang=“enUS”,
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
“/cast Shadow Word: Death”,
“/cast Mindbender”,
“/petattack”,
“/startattack”,
“/cast [nochanneling] Mind Blast”,
“/cast [nochanneling] Void Torrent”,
“/cast Void Eruption”,
“/castsequence Void Bolt,Void Bolt”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=12 Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch”,
“/cast [nochanneling] Mind Flay”,
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

I also get this error when signing in, so if you know why…

Message: Interface\AddOns\GS-myMacros\Macros\Priest.lua:2: ‘=’ expected near ‘by’
Time: 09/09/16 22:49:04
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `LoadAddOn’
Interface\AddOns\GS-Core\startup.lua:487: in main chunk

Locals: (*temporary) = 69

You probably want to add [nochanneling] to most of the /cast lines to avoid clipping. Also, move /petattack and /startattack into the postmacro section, possibly even mindbender. Here’s what I did to “fix” your macro… You had a lot of odd " and ’ in it. I didn’t add any [nochanneling]'s, just moved what i suggested to move.

Sequences['Shadow1'] = {
author="ForeverMor",
specID=258,
helpTxt = "1312231",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
	"/cast Shadow Word: Death",
	"/cast [nochanneling] Mind Blast",
	"/cast [nochanneling] Void Torrent",
	"/cast Void Eruption",
	"/castsequence Void Bolt, Void Bolt",
	"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=12 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch",
	"/cast [nochanneling] Mind Flay",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [combat] Mindbender
/petattack
/startattack
]],
}

FYI: The [nochanneling] option simply tells the game to WAIT TO CAST a particular spell, if something else is currently being channeled. – In essence, this lowers it’s cast priority.

For example, this line (as shown above): [nochanneling] Mind Blast would wait for spells like Mind Flay to finish before being cast. Not sure MF should have priority over MB - ever!

Feel free to checkout my Shadow Priest Macros.

My setup requires NO ADDONS whatsoever! No Macro Toolkit, no Gnome Sequencer, nada!

Cheers! :wink: