Macro FAQ

Here is the macro FAQ. Due to the layout for organization, I am attaching this as a Scribd document. Just an FYI, it’s a private document to the site, as we don’t need all the information floating so that is why you see the secret password in the URL.

I have been using Lazy Macro for a long time and noticed that all my macros have changed. I just added one of the frost mage macros, extended using the lazy macro, when I close out and look at the macro it cuts if off at the 255 character limit. It shows correctly in lazymacro. Anyone else having this issue? Could I possibly have a mod that is overwriting each time.

Thanks!

Probably should have worded this different, the blizzard’s UI macro is overriding the Macro toolkit. Do you know how to fix this. I can also post the macro I am using and what Blizzard’s UI changes it to.

Thanks again!

Hi Michael
After wading through all the posts, what is still confusing due to conflicting macro’s and messages are the following:

I read you can only have 5 cast sequences and 2 casts in a macro, yet people are writing macro’s beyond this limit?

Also, macro’s now cast from top to bottom, if this is true:

1. Pet attack and start attack should be at the top of your macro, correct?
  2. Why are the cast sequence zero’s (0,0,0,0) Higher at the top, wouldn’t your first top line cast sequence not need to be 0, followed by 0,0, etc?

Could yourself or anyone who knows the answers kindly answer these and maybe add them to FAQ.

Thanks In Advance

[quote quote=12229]Hi Michael<br>
After wading through all the posts, what is still confusing due to conflicting macro’s and messages are the following:

I read you can only have 5 cast sequences and 2 casts in a macro, yet people are writing macro’s beyond this limit?

Also, macro’s now cast from top to bottom, if this is true:<br>

1. Pet attack and start attack should be at the top of your macro, correct?<br>
  2. Why are the cast sequence zero’s (0,0,0,0) Higher at the top, wouldn’t your first top line cast sequence not need to be 0, followed by 0,0, etc?

Could yourself or anyone who knows the answers kindly answer these and maybe add them to FAQ.

Thanks In Advance
[/quote]

No one knows?

I’d like to know the same thing as Lloyd and Jimmy … I’m trying to understand this, but can’t find the answers …

thanks …

Regarding the 0s, the more 0s in the castsequence, the higher its priority in the sequence.

As I understand it, you are limited to 7 commands so you can break those down into castsequences and/or casts in whichever number of each that you want, just so the total does not equal more than 7.

Can anyone help me with Gnome Sequence. It does not populate the macro when I name the title the same as whats in the sequences.lua file… I have removed Super Duper Macro and Toolkit from the addons folder, still nothing.

If you run Windows, turn on your ability to see file name extensions for known file types

1. Windows 7/8
  2. Check the Sequences file name it should be Sequences.lua, likely your file name is really Sequences.lua.lua

If you are still having problems PM one of us or post a new request. Admittedly your question is likely in the top 3 questions frequently asked about GS so thank you for asking so it could be answered in the FAQ.