Max DPS Breath Build

Hey guys i tweaked John Metz macro to push out as much dps as you possibly can using a macro i ranked in the 92% for my bracket heres a link to the log. Also the Talents i use are 3123232 John likes Horn of winter but i believe freezing fog does more dps but i also have the legendary helmet. For those of you who would like to continue using Horn of winter i left it in the macro so no worries :slight_smile:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h1Q6ACT9y3FYDLrt#fight=2&view=rankings

So there will be two separate macros to use.
the first macro is for when your going to use the breath you start off the fight using this one it will not activate the breath or your pillar of frost and will fill up your RP as there is no frost strike in this macro.
Once your RP is full simply press alt and it will activate pillar of frost and your breath then let it go the macro will continue its rotation and not use any runic power besides whats being spent on by the breath.
Howling Blast is cast by pressing shift in this macro for how often it procs with your 2 piece set which is very often, its extremely important to only use it when it procs therefore it being in the main sequence is a waste of resources and a dps loss. i cast hungering rune weapon manually since its something you have to press at the right time meaning when your rp is getting too low to maintain breath.
When the breath ends switch to the second macro to continue the main rotation with frost strike. once both BOS and Hungering rune weapon is up again id recommend to wait for your pillar of frost to be roughly 4 to 5 seconds before going off cool down and then switch back to this macro by the time pillar is up you should be full on rp and then hit alt to cast pillar and breath again.
This way you easily save cooldowns and effectively get ready for another breath in the middle of the fight

Thanks to Enmity i was able to put in fancy boxes thx for the instructional reply :slight_smile:
I hope me directly exporting the macros will relieve any issues people were having while trying to import
pls let me know if your still having issues or if certain parts arent working as they are intended to.
And a thanks to Cymiryc for catching the bracket problem on horn of winter i use freezing fog so didnt catch it.

Sequences['BoSbreath'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="SaltyScrub ",
  SpecID=251,
  Talents = "3123232",
  Default=1,
  Icon='Spell_Deathknight_FrostPresence',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:shift] Howling Blast",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Pillar of Frost",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Horn of Winter",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [mod:alt] !Breath of Sindragosa",
        "/cast Obliterate",
        "/cast Remorseless Winter",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

The second macro is what you will be using for when breath is not active meaning your full rotation is in here the only thing i changed here from Johns macro is that i put howling blast on shift key here aswell for the same reasons i mentioned above if its cast without a proc its a dps loss and pressing shift is simple when it procs it will pause the macro then cast howling blast you let shift go and it continues the macro.

Sequences['BoS'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.0.14.
  Author="SaltyScrub",
  SpecID=251,
  Talents = "3123232",
  Help = "Rotation to use while BoS is on CD",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Howling Blast",
        "/cast Blood Fury",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Frost Strike, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike, Obliterate",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Obliterate, Frost Strike, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Obliterate",
        "/castsequence  reset=combat  Frost Strike, Obliterate",
        "/cast [combat] Obliterate",
        "/cast [combat] Horn of winter",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
    },
  },
}

In conclusion i strongly recommend using a weak aura to tell you when the breath has run out since its not always obvious. im currently 894 and am top dps within my guild for heroic raiding and am very confident in the numbers i produce using this macro see above for a link to the logs i believe that was a star augur kill on heroic which is a very hectic fight and thought it would be good to show what numbers you can do when there is alot going on in a fight.
I hope you guys check it out Feedback is very welcomed and will answer any questions you guys might have.
And once again props to John Metz for the intial Macro that this is based off of.

Very nice… I will steer people towards this post… for those asking for a two part macro… The problem is… Getting people to read the directions provided… I don’t know how many times I have steered them towards my macro or johns… they keep asking for a two part macro but just don’t seem to read the three macros provided on these pages… another one or another view is always welcome

Could not import macros

deleted post

The ball is now in your court brother heheh

no longer needed… the author is now in control

For future reference when you are posting a macro… press the code button then just below it cut and paste your macro… then hit the code button again… that will place it in your box you want…

I only get error when doing BOSbreath:
Invalid step assigned by custom step sequence BoSbreath 4

and also shift-mod didn’t work at all on BoS but worked fine on BoSbreath

[quote quote=45894]I only get error when doing BOSbreath: Invalid step assigned by custom step sequence BoSbreath 4
and also shift-mod didn’t work at all on BoS but worked fine on BoSbreath
[/quote]

Getting the same message ingame while using this macro. Cant seem to figure out what is causing it. Anyone have any ideas how to clean it up?

If you look on the Keypress line 15 you will see this:

"/cast [mod:alt] Horn of Winter]", <<< the ] on the end of Winter needs to be removed.

[quote quote=45905]If you look on the Keypress line 15 you will see this:
“/cast [mod:alt] Horn of Winter]”, <<< the ] on the end of Winter needs to be removed.
[/quote]

hmm, still get the same error.
Have looked it through but can’t seem to find where the error is…

Also if you guys are having issues with shift not casting Howling blast it means you have shift bound to another key the most common case is using shift to switch through multiple pages of the main action bar simply unbind them in the keybind interface and that should relieve your problem.

Still having trouble with the error message.
Anyone else or someone that managed to get it working?

i had a buddy import and test it out for me other than having to unbind shift he didnt have any issues. when does the error pop up? as in when trying to do the macro itself or when trying to activate breath?

[quote quote=45941]i had a buddy import and test it out for me other than having to unbind shift he didnt have any issues. when does the error pop up? as in when trying to do the macro itself or when trying to activate breath?
[/quote]

It’s when I run the macro itself from start
Is your buddy using latest GSE?

[quote quote=45942]

i had a buddy import and test it out for me other than having to unbind shift he didnt have any issues. when does the error pop up? as in when trying to do the macro itself or when trying to activate breath?

It’s when I run the macro itself from start Is your buddy using latest GSE? [/quote]

Yes we are both running the latest GSE. i had him import it an hour ago and it worked fine try deleting the macro and then re-import it. also go into edit and make sure nothing random or extra spaces were copied over.

Working now, didn’t change anything.

Great macro btw!

[quote quote=45945]Working now, didn’t change anything.
Great macro btw!
[/quote]

Thx let me know how it works out for you :slight_smile:

Edited because I fixed my issue…What keypress delay is everyone using… I have tried 90 and 75 and im not sure which is better.

[quote quote=46000]Edited because I fixed my issue….What keypress delay is everyone using… I have tried 90 and 75 and im not sure which is better.
[/quote]

You should be fine with 75 thats what i use