MM 7.3 - Contribute your best 'True Aim + Trick Shot' builds

Hi, so as a follow on from my old post we are trying to get a decent True Aim + Trick Shot build that pulls off double Aimed Shot as close to the end of the Vulnerable window as possible.

I am currently trying two avenues. Full single cast sequence & Priority based multiple cast sequences.

Please take these and mess with them all you wish then post your results. Or start from scratch. As the best solutions get posted I will update the initial post with credit where due.

Test 1 Priority

Sequences['1_test'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.07.
  Author="Neon82UK",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "13X3X33",
  Helplink = "https://www.youtube.com/c/Neon82UK",
  Help = [[7.3 Single Target only. Testing in progress.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/cast [combat] Trueshot",
        "/castsequence [nomod] Marked Shot, Aimed Shot, !Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot",
        "/castsequence [nomod] Windburst",
        "/cast [nomod] Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

ISSUES:

• Adding double Aimed Shot after Windburst causes lots of issues. GSE2 jumps the queue on occasion.
  • Putting 1 Arcane Shot after Marked Shot gives correct timing on Aimed Shots but additional unwanted Arcane Shots happen and can make the second aimed shot late.
  • 2 Arcane Shots after Aimed Shots delay the next Marked shot until there is enough focus for Aimed Shots.

Test 2 Full Sequence

Sequences['2_Test'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.07.
  Author="Neon82UK",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "13X3133",
  Help = [[Full Castsequence Test - Hang ups can rarely occur if Marked shot does not procc. Hold CTRL until it proccs again.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      LoopLimit=3,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Arcane Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence [nomod] Windburst, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Marked Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Marked Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

ISSUES:

• Marked Shot procc RNG causes hang ups if Arcane Shot is integrated into the same cast sequence. Additional [mod:shift] Arcane Shots to get proccs lead to DPS loss and timing/sequence issues.
  • Arcane Shot is our only GCD filler for timing but it is also the trigger for Marked Shot. this can make Marked Shots erratic in some sequences.

The Test1 version is actually outperforming the One Size Fits all sequence thats above this thread. There are times where too many Arcanes are used and times when Aimed shot fires without vulnerability debuff on the target but it was pretty rare and resulted in about 50-60k dps boost compared to One Size Fits all.

[quote quote=54239]The Test1 version is actually outperforming the One Size Fits all sequence thats above this thread. There are times where too many Arcanes are used and times when Aimed shot fires without vulnerability debuff on the target but it was pretty rare and resulted in about 50-60k dps boost compared to One Size Fits all.
[/quote]

Good to hear. It doesn’t for me on a 6 minute test, but we all have different gear etc.

An extra Arcane shot here and there is better than no Marked Shot proc though. I have tried so many variations of these macros. Literally hours of testing and late nights and these are the best I’ve been able to do so far. So figured getting more people involved was a good idea.

Is there anyway to make the sequence as Arcane shot, Arcane shot, Aimed shot, Aimed shot during the Vulnerable period? That can help increase the DPS.

[quote quote=54259]Is there anyway to make the sequence as Arcane shot, Arcane shot, Aimed shot, Aimed shot during the Vulnerable period? That can help increase the DPS.
[/quote]

Try what you are suggesting out and then post an export if it is an improvement. I think I did it early on in my testing and it didn’t work out as hoped. For some reason it would often make the Second Aimed shot miss the window. Hard to remember I tired so many things.

Please test your own Ideas and post positive results :slight_smile:

[quote quote=54267]

Is there anyway to make the sequence as Arcane shot, Arcane shot, Aimed shot, Aimed shot during the Vulnerable period? That can help increase the DPS.

Try what you are suggesting out and then post an export if it is an improvement. I think I did it early on in my testing and it didn’t work out as hoped. For some reason it would often make the Second Aimed shot miss the window. Hard to remember I tired so many things. Please test your own Ideas and post positive results ???? [/quote] I did a full test in all LFR and did some adjustment, it looks good to me now. I'll attach it and hope someone can do more test. If your haste is lower than 18%(consider the lag 20% might be better), you may remove one Arcane shot from each sequence. As my result, the macro can do a 1.1m-1.2m dps if there's not too much movement. Hope someone can make it better.
Sequences['1_test'] = {
-- 该序列导出自GSE 2.1.07.
  Author="Neon82UK",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "13X3X33",
  Help = [[7.3 Single Target only. Testing in progress.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/cast !Volley",
      },
        "/castsequence [nomod] Marked Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, !Aimed Shot, ",
        "/castsequence [nomod] Windburst, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, !Aimed Shot, ",
        "/castsequence [nomod] Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Arcane Shot, Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Been trying your Test1 and Test2 both good but sometimes Test2 locks up can this be resolved other than that very good.
Also single target Test1 can you put in motc into this macro instead of volley for single target. thanks.

Why do some of the aimed shots have ! in front of them in your sequences?

!Aimed Shot

Curious

You do not need to add volley in your macros, you can toggle it on and off. Once it is on it stays on

[quote quote=54284]You do not need to add volley in your macros, you can toggle it on and off. Once it is on it stays on
[/quote]

!Volley makes sure it is always on. So if you die and forget to put it back on the macro will do it for you.

[quote quote=54278]Why do some of the aimed shots have ! in front of them in your sequences?
!Aimed Shot
Curious
[/quote]

Some times the macro will skip an action ion favour of another the ! can help it prioritise. Because getting two aimed shots in a row is important the ! seems to help stop other spells being cast in between.

[quote quote=54277]Been trying your Test1 and Test2 both good but sometimes Test2 locks up can this be resolved other than that very good. Also single target Test1 can you put in motc into this macro instead of volley for single target. thanks.
[/quote]

The point of these thread for you guys to try and improve what I have already put on here. Not for me to try and tailor these examples for every one. Try make my macro perform better and if you manage it post your export here so we can test it.

I did a full test in all LFR and did some adjustment, it looks good to me now. I’ll attach it and hope someone can do more test. If your haste is lower than 18%(consider the lag 20% might be better), you may remove one Arcane shot from each sequence. As my result, the macro can do a 1.1m-1.2m dps if there’s not too much movement. Hope someone can make it better.

Nice, I’l give it a go as soon as I have time.

Personally I feel the best way to run these is to make 2 macros, one for the main sequence and another just for Aimed Shot. When the Vuln windows opens you switch to Aimed Shot macro, when it closed go back to first macro.
I have been playing around with this and I get more Aimed Shots in the window than any other way.
If someone can figure out the best way to run it as 2 macros that would be awesome, I get pretty close to my simed 1.2 mill dps this way. Better than an all in one macro.

Hunter Marksmanship Rotation Analysis from AskMrRobot.com
Marksmanship Rotation Analysis - Articles - Ask Mr. Robot

I’m getting 1.2 - 1.3 mil on the raid dummy with this.

Sequences['HarksmanTest2'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Harker",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "13X3X33",
  Help = [[Testing in progress.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Marked Shot",
        "/cast !Windburst",
        "/cast Aimed Shot",
        "/cast Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Please help me test it out.

[quote quote=55374]I’m getting 1.2 – 1.3 mil on the raid dummy with this.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'HarksmanTest2'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Harker"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">254</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"13X3X33"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Help</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[Testing in progress.]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Raid</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Dungeon</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Heroic</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Mythic</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Sequential"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">LoopLimit</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/targetenemy [noharm][dead]"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead] Misdirection"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Marked Shot"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Windburst"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Aimed Shot"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Arcane Shot"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Please help me test it out. [/quote]

Don’t know why but having issues getting this to work after successfully importing it.

I’ll look over it and repost if needed in a few hours. Sleep time.

[quote quote=55374]I’m getting 1.2 – 1.3 mil on the raid dummy with this.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'HarksmanTest2'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Harker"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">254</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"13X3X33"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Help</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">[[Testing in progress.]]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Raid</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Dungeon</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Heroic</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Mythic</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Sequential"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">LoopLimit</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/targetenemy [noharm][dead]"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead] Misdirection"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Marked Shot"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Windburst"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Aimed Shot"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Arcane Shot"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Please help me test it out. [/quote] I tried to import this without success it says i had to many macros 17/18 even though i only have about 5 so i deleted all but one and still had no luck even restarting G.S.E did not work.

Reposting this just in case. Nigel, you need 2 slots usually when adding a GS macro.

Sequences['HarksmanTest2'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Harker",
  SpecID=254,
  Talents = "13X3X33",
  Help = [[Testing in progress.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=1,
  Dungeon=1,
  Heroic=1,
  Mythic=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Marked Shot",
        "/cast !Windburst",
        "/cast Aimed Shot",
        "/cast Arcane Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

One problem I think I’m having in trying to edit these, is everyone has different haste.

Erik, I’ve tried yours, but get really bad results on the dummy. I’m sitting at 21% haste, it seems like it’s out of order. Do you have much more haste than that? Or any legs or set bonuses or anything that would be the problem?

Thanks for any input you might have.

Stats are 26 crit/23 haste/26 mastery using Prydaz and the class ring. I swapped the class ring out for Zevrims and I’m seeing similar results.