MM BfA - ST and AOE with Theorycrafting [UPDATED: 10/17/2018]

Home/Classes/Hunters/Marksmanship/8.0.x/MM BfA - ST and AOE with Theorycrafting [UPDATED: 10/17/2018]

Forums Forums Classes Hunters Marksmanship 8.0.x MM BfA - ST and AOE with Theorycrafting [UPDATED: 10/17/2018]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    First Sergeant

– Changelog [10/17/2018]:
    – ST: optimized rotation (12% dps increment), removed Trueshot from main sequence (you can manually use it holding SHIFT);
    – AOE: optimized rotation based on LEEWIN’s version (10% more dps increment), removed Trueshot from main sequence (you can manually use it holding SHIFT).

Hello guys.

These are the first macros I publish here. I’ve been making my personal macros and watching the improvements people publish and trying to incorporate to my own macros. The results are always satisfactory to me, so I decided it’s time to make it available to public. So, here we go.

For this, I decided to use the following talent choices: 31X2X12 and using no pets to trigger Lone Wolf for a 10% dmg bonus. Despite that, you can use your pets as you wish.

Explaining the talent choices: I tried to create a good build for either ST and AOE, as follows:

A Murder of Crows is clearly ST, which competes with Master Marksman, that can be used either for ST and AOE, so I decided for A Murder of Crows as only ST to counterbalance with some next chosen talents;
    Careful Aim turns Aimed Shot a lethal ability for enemies above 80% health or below 20%, working nicely for ST bonus dmg or for the AOE cleave because of Trick Shots. Explosive Shot is good too, but it’s nearly impossible to be controlled in a macro environment;
    Streamline was chosen here to counterbalance A Murder of Crows. It’s a large DPS increase for Rapid Fire on heavy AOE situations. Hunter’s Mark can be useful in AOE situations also, but only if you target the weakest mob in the group to be effective on recovering focus as the mob dies, plus the 5% increased dmg on it, which makes it not so good for an automated macro environment, where fast targeting is a must.
    Lethal Shots was chosen here because it can be useful as both ST and AOE on critical strike procs for either Rapid Fire and Aimed Shot. Since like Steady Shot will be cast very often, it’s guaranteed to procs a lot. Double Tap is great for AOE, but I decided not taking it in order to keep the macro ST/AOE balanced as much as possible with good results;
    Lock and Load is the only viable choice here, since the other two choices are not recommended in any PVE scenario.

So, the Macros…

—SINGLE TARGET—

dqKKdaqELsRNiv7hPpbLIzrc3IOQPfLs7IiOFPKHrKYXG0YGWZeQPrkxJK2gQ03uqJtHohuY6ivY9esnqIkoirGfcLQEiuQmrIkTrIq(irsJKOuNub6LefDtHyNs1qjvDuIOAPeH6PQ6tfrzReL8wLQ7cf7f8xIigmkhMYdls8yvMSICzrBwP4ZOIrlLonuTysfVwiz2OQBlf7wYVjmCs0XvalxWZrmDQUUIA7Kk13jkmEIinviAafqcDu4FKssKiqhbGeEzN8k5XROGV1DLeDTwYqidEt6BBSliis4jAwBeH5gYYfkXVvtJ86SXKN4YB1K8MiHhPXNLtGpgfbceOiGpIDbHSYabxueaj0rbKqhf(1zeNY2lX1AvL84fhmugkwAXAqhb8RZioLTxIR1Qk5XloyOm0y0rS0GEm8RZioLHqDO000GUg8RZiojhyoRlPS9sCTwvjpEXbdLfss6rFIgDmNYOm0r1y1rfuMkxUAOkOm0r1y1rORc)6mItYbMZ6skBVexRvvYJxCWqzHKKE0NOrhZPmktLlxnufug6OAS6i05c)6mItYbMZ6skBVexRvvYJxCWqzHKKE0NOrhZPmkdDunwDubLPYLRgk0hc)6mItz7L4ATQsE8IJIgXKUiT4BCmugkwXQi4c9r4xNrCkBVexRvvYJxCWqzOyPfRbVmZTsCYNgjbKGdVmZT6djHaiHok8lLPBUBxuqhb8l3cCspRSzlLTxIwl0GzFkTjmqpg(fXTGBUBxuqxd(1zeNY2LZgXntuKskoXjkkXuAtkkX1AvL84fhmuwSM2WHqxf(1zeNYKQfcg05c)6mItzreHPma9HWVoJ4uMERoBYG(i8RZioLj1GjfjZOSjJY6MphsPBqhl4xNrCkBWgL25ck7Lc2w4NaC41liEe7ccaj4WRpKrSliaKGd)7PsjAUohxuWRpGlc4(wWbh(iwnB8dwEg0DwoUOaShEzN8kHhE9Ysp0Lg8VY8guUqhHQg8Yn3yZ8o0rHxcM9wraESZieBseKJKpN8yZKiK4GdoaaST_MM
    Talents 3122212

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.02.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

Pre Macro:

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence: Rapid Fire, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, A Murder of Crows, Trueshot, Arcane Shot

—AOE—

diupdaWjefnlvPBHuSlvr1VuQHrv6yKQLrLNPQmnsCnrSne(MOACiQCoQkRdj4EiLgiIshej0crKYdrezIirUiIuTrvrmsKeNejQxIK0nPQANk5NismuKuhvvKwkIOEkutvv1wru4Tiv3ffTxWFremyuDyjlwQ0JHmzu4Yu2SuXNjLgTu1PrPxtkA2K0TfPDR43egovXXjfwUuEUktx46IY2vfLVJOQXJi05vfwpIK2prd6WpS0bmfjfsNe87hwo4hWuXu9OYoAc4(i8CuyVjVG8QfP(iTqnX9CKiD3r0YsVDi8WI2PP00TtrZf0uddAkHb4)s1M4a8NUZ50DaMswNktnGLoGPIP6bWag7XquMsWYLOay)fQjidRDSI5GFyPd)WshWBuDXzAKzdYKC6Ja1xZyQSJwMsEZolOfjs7wHKl5UKCcN3xjx3NYNcSCaEJQlotJmBqMKtFeO(AgtLD0YuYB2zbTirA3kKCj3LKt48(k5UKCcN3xj3LK7vrbwFaEJQlotJmBqMKtFeO(AgtLD0YuYB2zbTirA3kKCj3LKt48(k5jeek6WsbWBuDXzAKzdYKC6Ja1xZyQSJwMsEZolOfjs7wHKl5UKCcN3xjx3NYNcSsa8gvxi50hbQVMXuzhTVPcgu46z7emLCDFFjocatv7bjBQwDg8dbGXH55jzdkyfdGPUXkASXdatT4c)fQjGFiam1nZFHAc4hcatv7b1n7o4hw6aE7XIkIcPjSCaEhvtRf2yPpKC6JOVAPmPZWkgmH1hG3xuTOIOqAclfaVr1fsoDY2rGYUxJezV4EhbdRy8ocuFnJPYoAzk5Fkk55WkbWBuDHKRtqoxoSia8gvxi565UKpyLd4nQUqYv85JGawKdWBuDHK7iuCeeWYhG3O6cj3rO4i(GaciamfZIErdWKuDxXq0i7tZmvYKHOzSa2FnzLkLNWApZMGvmaPbbeaaAOE_MM
    Talents 3122212

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.02.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Priority

KeyPress: Bite, Misdirection, Nature’s Grace, Sonic Blast, Smack, Claw

Main Sequence: Rapid Fire, Aimed Shot, Steady Shot, Multi-Shot, Trueshot

For me it worked well at 100ms speed, with ZERO focus starving or either full focus. Procs are going very fine to me on my testings, so please, test it and tell me your guesses and suggestions.

Fradazzlee
    Grunt

Ran both. 230 ilvl with 4pc t21, pyrdaz and zev ring.

Pulled 3.7k over a 5 min span for single target, (prototype decimator helps a lot)

AoE, averaged 5.1k over a 6 minute span. No proc for AMoC for AoE though.

Overall, pulling pretty good numbers, keep it up

Jeffrey
    Grunt
    Thaladrin <Knights of Burning Time> of Shu'halo -US Level 120 Human Paladin

Recent Activity

Thank you for this. I have been using the old GnomeSequencer, but now that I have a new laptop and gaming desktop, I decided to go ahead and convert to the new GSE. Your macro is the first one I’ve used with it.

It is a slight improvement over the legacy macro I was using before, and I expect to refine it a bit as I usually do. I’ve already made one change and removed Trueshot out of the rotations. I prefer to activate that manually at opportune times rather than spam it on CD…it’s just a matter of personal preference.

I also appreciate your descriptions of the talents you chose and why. My initial choices were very similar, but I did change from Hunter’s Mark to Streamline because of the logic you described.

Anyway, good job. 🙂

D4MM0N1C
    First Sergeant

….No proc for AMoC for AoE though…

AMoC is out of the AOE rotation. All my assumptions on theorycrafting for this are based on what I read on important class sources, such as http://www.icy-veins.com. AMoC should be out on AOE rotations for a simple reason: it costs too much focus and it’s a core ST ability, which means it’s a waste of focus on every AOE scenario with 3+ targets.

D4MM0N1C
    First Sergeant

Thank you for this

You’re most welcome, let’s destroy together 🙂

…I’ve already made one change and removed Trueshot out of the rotations. I prefer to activate that manually at opportune times rather than spam it on CD…it’s just a matter of personal preference.

Some people tend to do that. It’s a valid behavior, specially for questing/leveling. I don’t see a reason to turn it off on raids though. If you wait, even seconds, for a good opportunity to use it, you WILL lose dmg numbers. Reading on the note I put about Soul of the Huntmaster ring, and the Calling the Shots ability, even for questing/leveling you should keep it. Anyways, you can create another version tab, remove it from the sequence and fix the version on Configuration tab for the designed purpose.

…I did change from Hunter’s Mark to Streamline because of the logic you described.
    Anyway, good job. ????

It’s all about theorycrafting and try. Thanks for that.

Karl Jacobs
    Grunt

Looks good. I’m glad to see that you’re looking at the theorycrafting that’s going on, and basing talent picks on that.

Tested this on the target dummies, and with my gear without trinkets I was seeing ~2.7k dps, compared with ~3.1k dps with a variety of BM macros. I was using Zevrim’s and Celerity for the leggos. My MM artifact is a good deal lower than my BM, so that is part of the difference as well. 220 for MM vs 247 for BM. I was also using the patched 2pc bonus for MM.

I’ll be watching this macro as the expac gets going, and if MM gets some buffs, and will certainly be testing again once I get comparable gear. The difference in relics isn’t helping the comparison.

D4MM0N1C
    First Sergeant

@Karl Jacobs I’m using a very similar gear between my BM set and MM for testing this. The only downside is that I don’t have the best leggos for MM, but the results with this one is slightly better than what I’m having with BM macros (which I’m working in, since it’s my main and preferred spec). This isn’t specially bad, because we have to get used to the fact leggos/legion artifacts will be no more soon. BTW, I’m liking this macro because of successful procs I’m having with it, making the theorycraft doing well on it.

Karl Jacobs
    Grunt

I’m trying to farm up a few relics to get the MM weapon closer to the BM one so I can compare again.. 😀

RWTKenneth
    Scout

So this is what I see…

dOdDcaGAPqTEPOEPuQERszBiLzQuvZgj3eu9lu13uQYovYEvTBk7hYFrQQFJyGsbgQcmyOgUc6GsLCuPGoMOoNsLfIuLLIu5XewoPEOuHNcSmu65enrPitLKMSiMUKpjsvxMQNPOUok2OurBvQuBwKkBxKIJlLywsPmnu5AKyysHCxfz0k0NbLtkL04ejNgKZlv51Iu62svDyHF(QFLpaOsF4W)I9QhOguUvYdMZSSSz2dAYtxWqvFLpam0fT20xSkCh0ftns0h0riLrcr3GgY4uPpHODOdGhcnPBxlHiM8QFLV6x5d4fHSq4nJigdZCkid2ecN3XnZ9f7b8Iqwi8MreJHzofKbBcHZZ5u74(A(aErileMvzVgXX9f3b8IqwsVfg3eocVzeXyyMtbzWMqyfA04YTHW5ukZkP(s5aErilP3cJBchH3mIymmZPGmytiCoLYSsQ2qyfA04YFr7aErileEZiIXWmNcYGnHW5DZkS0(AVd4fHSq4nJigdZCkid2ecN3XnZDq7Ep6CkpK(vFDq7EVbAxkV6x5d4RqdZl38(9q4nJmg6(tBjEKm9f7b8Yk0vuvis7RdaLpStgtuqe7GbAiIgQ6DWaTdpeAYv)kFapJ0ry6ySaHtCeURHAO(eD03TIGWDs0nosceoq49zA(l2d4zKoc3bXeUv6iHOr4ehH7gIYBoqy68ijgwrc51bdiYcEi0KR(61RdGhgtq1QvUonUvqe7071RF

Is this correct? If not, what do I need to do to fix this?
    I was using GSE just last patch…

Fradazzlee
    Grunt

After playing with this more and more, I love the AoE. I used to main MM, but switched to BM prepatch to try and keep up with my BM dps, but this is for sure the best one out there for me now.

Good work and I’d love to test anything else you conjure up in the near future

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.