MM PVE with pet?

Good morning. Has anyone created a macro for MM that uses pet? It looks like the ones recently posted are using the lone wolf talent. I like to solo play and still use the pet as my tank.

Thanks in advance and really appreciate these forums and the people that are able to create these!

The hunter skill tree hasn’t changed much really in the past few patches (although I was told they plan to buff hunter in the future). So, you should look at the older posts and you will find a few. Below is the 1 I use

GS:E Marksman all-in-one Macro with Pet - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

NOTE: The link works fine for me when I try to copy it then paste it into browser but not when I just click it for some reason (must be a site issue). So I added code to the link to keep people from trying to just click and force them to copy/paste to use it.

Thanks lee! I just keep reading conflicting stuff on different forums where they are saying hunters were nerfed and certain skills aren’t valid any longer like sidewinders. Many posters appear to be going with explosive shot and different talents after 7.1.5 update. I’m a casual player and never have either set foot into a dungeon or raid nor used lazymacros until maybe a month ago. Because of the dungeon requirements to complete some of the class hall quests, I finally had enough confidence to do that when using a lazymacro.

So, hoping to see some updates after people have time to absorb the changes, if any, from 7.1.5

Thanks again for your response!

404 Page can not be found :frowning:

If you want to solo you are better off with BM, MM is more for raids and doesn’t use pets.

MM can actually be used for both. Up to 100 I used the BM spec. When the xpac came out I switched to MM for the higher dps and I liked the rotation. Also, since I solo play, not taking the Lone Wolf talent allowed me to still have a pet to draw the aggro and enjoy the varied shots and rotation of MM. Yeah, lone wolf is better for raiding since you have a tank pulling aggro.

[quote quote=40571]404 Page can not be found ???
[/quote]

The link works fine for me when i try to copy it then paste it into browser but not when I just click it for some reason. I tried removing the code that shows it as a link so that you had to copy/paste the text into the browser manually to get it working but it didnt work because apparently the link is coding itself as a link. So I added code block to it to prevent that problem and make it easier to copy/paste it into the browser yourself. This way I dont want to deal with someone saying that they couldnt get the link working because they right clicked to copy link location instead of actually copying the text. For those interested the link is below

GS:E Marksman all-in-one Macro with Pet - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

[quote quote=40567]Thanks lee! I just keep reading conflicting stuff on different forums where they are saying hunters were nerfed and certain skills aren’t valid any longer like sidewinders. Many posters appear to be going with explosive shot and different talents after 7.1.5 update. I’m a casual player and never have either set foot into a dungeon or raid nor used lazymacros until maybe a month ago. Because of the dungeon requirements to complete some of the class hall quests, I finally had enough confidence to do that when using a lazymacro.
So, hoping to see some updates after people have time to absorb the changes, if any, from 7.1.5
Thanks again for your response!
[/quote]

I havent noticed any nerf and from what I understand all hunter skills were buffed in the last patch which has made me able to do more dps overall then before even though I have not changed anything. Now as far as if some skills were buffed more then others that is something I couldnt say. However my legendary item War Belt of the Sentinel Army seems to work best with sidewinder because it has the potential to hit allot more targets then multishot and since it replaces multishot it will trigger the belts ability. That in turn increases my overall dps when dealing with large groups since it has the ability to hit more mobs in that 1 shot. Furthermore sidewinders in a generating ability while the explosive shot is a spending ability and they are both in different parts of the skill tree. Therefore there is no way anyone could replace sidewinders with explosive shot. To get explosive shot they would have to replace patient sniper which increases the damage done to anyone effected by vulnerable and my target is effected by that at least 95% of the time (mostly because of sidewinder). I get the feeling that would hurt my dps more then anything but you are welcome to play however you like. A simple tip though if you use the macro in the link I posted and want more dps when doing a raid/dungeon swap careful aim for lone wolf. There is no reason to use a pet when you have a tank in the party and you will do more dps overall without a pet (plus your pet wont pull mobs youre trying to skip/pass by walking to close which will make the other players happy). I mainly only use my pet when playing solo and when I do use a pet its a tank (since I dislike to die).