MW PVE and PVP GS1 Macros

UPDATED FOR 7.3

Some of you were having problems with the original macro due to you using a Razer Naga mouse (all of my Legion macros are written for a Corsair). I’ve recently (re)started using a Naga again, and I can see the problem that some of you have had because of it. Soooo I’ve worked to fix some issues with MWST.

-The new version will cast on your mouseover target, then your targetstarget, then your focus target, and finally you (if you have none of the above selected).

-I’ve added the option to summon a Jade Statue, if that is your play style. Hold down the CTRL key while spamming the macro and a statue will appear on your toon. Likewise, if you talent Chi-ji.

-Added the option to use either Chi Wave or Chi Burst.

-Works in both PVE and in PVP.

-Copy and import the updated macro below.

Hope that solves the issues that some of you were having.

~Original OP Below~

Hello again all! Having not posted any new macros recently, I’ve decided that I wanted to share my (nearly) one-size-fits-all macro: I use it for both PVP and for PVE. Some of you will remember my old spriest and hunter macros from WoD.

Please note: I am tired as I write this, so I may not be as articulate as I can be at other times. :wink:

This macro never jams and I always am at the top–or near the top of the meters either in raids and bgs/rbgs. Moreover, I almost never go OOM and/or get silenced–especially in PVP matches. I can’t be kicked and I can’t be interrupted. That is because I use Way of the Crane almost every time it comes off cooldown. to be honest, I do not know why more MWs dont use WotC…

Revival and Cocoon are to be set on separate keys, but you can easily summon the GREAT CHICKEN by pressing CTRL while you are spamming this macro. In PVP situations, I often hard-cast some HoTs (after setting my transfer down) that are in the macro, and pop the “bird” before rushing into a gaggle of enemy players with WoTC (hunters pets and clothies are a favoite: you deal more damage to them–and therefore, more healing).

When my 15 seconds of WotC fame are done, I transfer out and begin to hard-cast again until both WotC and Leg Sweep are back up, then I rinse and repeat.

Admittedly, the “DPSing for heals” technique does take a little mental adjustment, but once you are able to make that change, you will find that you stand up better vs melee. My favorite is when they assume that I am a “soft” target and tunnel me. Nasty surprises indeed…

But sometimes I need to be flexible, depending on the situation. If there are a tightly-grouped enemy players, I will use the “Spin” macro below. If only one or two (for those pesky rogues), then I use the macro named “Fight”. This is your main WotC macro–it deals the most damage. Lastly, for ranged, and hunters who try to get “cute” by thinking that he is going to kite you to death, I use ‘ZenJedi’. This allows you to at least put some pressure back on them, while healing you simultaneously. I also use ZenJedi for people who run away from me (you’ll have that once you get comfortable with WotC) and for (sometimes) efcs.

And yes, of course this macro can be used for M+ dungeons and guild raids too; I’ve done it.

Please try it out and let me know what you think. Since I do not use GS2, perhaps someone will be kind enough to port it over for you. :wink:

Talents: 1,?,3,3,?,2,2 OR 3
PVP Talents: ?,2,1,2,2,2

Go forth and conquer!

Main macro–use this when WotC is on cooldown and/or you are PVEing.

Sequences['MWST'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.00.
  Author="Mystruach@Shu'Halo",
  SpecID=270,
  Talents = "?,?,?,?,?,?,?",
  Help = [[Talents: 2123113]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/stopmacro [channeling:Chi Burst]",
        "/stopmacro [channeling:Essence Font]",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl, @player] Summon Jade Serpent Statue",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Chi Burst",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Chi Wave",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Enveloping Mist",
        "/cast Thunder Focus Tea",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Invoke Chi-ji, the Red Crane",
        "/cast [nochanneling] [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Essence Font",
        "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Enveloping Mist",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast [channeling] [@mouseover,help,nodead][help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@focus,exists,nodead][@player] Vivify",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Use the macro below to fight 1-2 PVP targets:

Sequences['Fight'] = {
author="Mystruach@Shu'Halo",
specID=270,
version=3,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2123113",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemyplayer [nodead]
/cast Saltwater Potion
/cast Way of the Crane
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
"/cast Dampen Harm",
"/cast Fortifying Brew",
"/cast Leg Sweep",
"/cast Way of the Crane",
"/cast Rising Sun Kick",
"/cast Blackout Kick",
"/cast Tiger Palm",
PostMacro=[[
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Use the following macro for 3+ PVP targets:

Sequences['Spin'] = {
specID=270,
version=3,
source = "Local",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast Saltwater Potion
/cast Way of the Crane
]],
"/cast Dampen Harm",
"/cast Fortifying Brew",
"/cast Leg Sweep",
"/cast [nochanneling: Spinning Crane Kick] Spinning Crane Kick",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Finally, use the following macro for ranged who are kiting you/are out of melee range:

Sequences['ZenJedi'] = {
specID=270,
version=3,
source = "Local",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast Saltwater Potion
/cast Way of the Crane
]],
"/cast [nochanneling:Crackling Jade Lightning] Crackling Jade Lightning",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

One last thing that I forgot to mention: since the last three “sub macros” are only for PVP, I have “targetenemyplayer” instead of “targetenemy” conditional. While spamming any of these three macros, you will see your target’s name flicker, as the macro constantly is looking for a HUMAN target. This will not affect either your DPS nor your healing because you only need to be in range for the macros to fire off.

Still, if you do not like it, just change the lines from /targetenemyplayer to /targetenemy [noharm][dead] inside these 3 macros—you will not need to use it for the main macro (named MWST), since that is set to assist on mouseover.

I have some screenshots from some RBGs few weeks ago–my gear is now ~10 ilvls higher than when I captured these images. :wink:

Win3
Win2
Win1

For those of you who are still curious as to what WotC looks like in PVP, take a look at this guy’s vid (full disclouse: I am not the creator of it). Even though he isn’t using GS/GS2, you can start to get an idea of what it looks like.

hi mate, only really interested in the pve macro currently , just wondering, cant see anything on there that prio’s tank with stuff, am i blind or MW doesnt need anything like that anymore ? i havent played a monk in like 4 years :stuck_out_tongue:

also the talents dont line up with the macro, for example the last 3 you have as 1,1,3 but dampen harm is on 3 and red crane is on 2 :slight_smile: doesnt make much of a deal as anyone who takes 2 seconds to read the macro can see and will just pick the needed talents, just not sure if you was aware of this at all :slight_smile:

btw i havent even left the garrison on my monk yet and its looking like a great macro lol ! as mentioned before i havent played in a long time :stuck_out_tongue: just literaly got this guy to 100 at the start of WoD then left it haha

Good eye, but it will not matter since you said that you weren’t interested in PVP macros; I frequently swap out those last three macro (PVP) talents, so pay them no attention. I only keep them in there because I am lazy and do not want to re-write a macro every time I swap out a PVP talent. :wink:

So just use the (PVE) talents that I posted in the OP (MWST) and you’ll be good. :slight_smile:

Also, I just got out of an LFR and am posting my recount from it for you to show you what the PVE (MWST) macro can do. And no, you really do not have to worry about priorization anymore; if you get caught up in the weeds, use the BIG CHICKEN, Revival, and/or your bubble. More often than not, it is the DPS who need some extra lovin’ instead of the tank.

Hope that clears things up.

Click the screenshot pic link here –> LFR 06/302017

yeah man ur a legend :smiley: also i am using those other macros for fistweaving for questing haha

anyother advice you can lend with some possible other macros i might need ? :slight_smile:

Much appreciation to anyone that can update these for GSE. I miss the old GS, but I don’t know if they can both be installed at the same time and work properly.

@Matthew: No problem, I myself ran like that for ages, but since you are just using it for PVE, you might want to change the line in all three fistweaving maccros from /tagetenemyplayer to /targetenemy [noharm][dead]

@Animum You can run both GS1 and GS2 simultaneously; I just prefer GS1. Also, the macro can easily be copied over. :slight_smile:

Welp, time to load up the old GS and give it a shot. I’m usually right up there with you on the heals, but I don’t get as much DPS in as you seem to be doing. Seems like a blast. I’ll test and report.

Thank you. Looking forward to what you have to say about it!

So far the macros are solid. I ran BG’s and reg Mythics and a couple of +2’s to get a feel for the change. It’s a totally different feel than what I’m used to. I always used Jade Serpent Statue, never Chi-Ji. I occasionally hit a dps button when I needed a heal, but that’s just muscle memory from my previous set up. I will say it was more fun in BG’s getting a few killing blows, however, it did seem as thought I’d lost a bit of survivablilty. I normally don’t die, or I would only die once or twice (even before the 7.2.5 buff). I believe it’s just not being used to the build. I will keep practicing and see how it goes. It was a bit tougher in the Mythics. I lost a couple of players in situations I could normally easily heal through. In an oh shit moment it seemed like it would take forever to get a heal on someone if essence font was on cd. Again, probably just need more practice. I may need to throw in my old oh shit button. All in all, it’s quite a fun build and it’ll take some getting used to.

Ok, thanks for the feedback!

What I do in those “O Crap” moments is that I have Vivify on another key and have a little macro mouseover, then cast it when I need to (as when EF is on CD). I do confess to the tendency of saving my bubble for myself–for obvious reasons. In most BGs; I do die once or twice, so no worries there.

When you start pulling ahead vs Resto Druids and Shammys—then you will know that you are on to something. :wink:

Oh, this was what I was running before 7.2.5; I only put EF in when the patch dropped. It casts Viv for days. I haven’t done any meter testing against the one in the OP, so please feel free, if you like. :slight_smile:

Sequences['MWST1'] = {
specID=270,
version=3,
source = "Local",
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/assist [@mouseoever]
/stopmacro [channeling:Vivify]
/stopmacro [channeling:Enveloping Mist]
/stopmacro [channeling:Chi Burst]
]],
"/cast Chi Burst",
"/castsequence reset=target/8 Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist",
"/castsequence Thunder Focus Tea",
"/cast Vivify",
PostMacro=[[
/use 13
/use 14
]],
}

I’ll add this to the arsenal. 8)

Just for those interested…

You do not need to re-create this as a 2.x GSE macro. If you’re running the latest version (Beta i believe) then it will automagically convert it into a GS2.x Macro for you :slight_smile:

For you, Animum…

Sequences['Zen'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Mystruach@Shu'halo",
  SpecID=270,
  Talents = "1133132",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      Trinket1=true,
      Trinket2=true,
      Head=false,
      Neck=false,
      Belt=false,
      Ring1=false,
      Ring2=false,
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/assist [@mouseoever]",
        "/cast [@player] Summon Jade Serpent Statue",
      },
        "/cast Renewing Mist",
        "/cast Thunder Focus Tea",
        "/cast Enveloping Mist",
        "/cast Vivify",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

It puts the serpent down on you each time you enter combat. If you can see your way to get used to it, you won’t need to always remember to put your statue down. Still, I’d put it on another keybind anyway, just to be safe.

As for me, I’ll prolly use this when I do M+ but not for LFRs/BGs.

[quote quote=50153]Just for those interested….
You do not need to re-create this as a 2.x GSE macro. If you’re running the latest version (Beta i believe) then it will automagically convert it into a GS2.x Macro for you ???
[/quote]

D:

[quote quote=50184]For you, Animum….

[/quote]

Looks good, man. I’ll check it out tonight. I do keep statue on a mouse key just in case, but in order to do this same sequence, was manually pressing the spells. This should simplify that greatly.

Solid. I use Chi-Ji in BG’s and Statue in Mythic+. I even do a bit of DPS in the Mythics. :smiley:
Excellent macros.