Necroblight

EDITED 9/6/2016: THIS IS A DEAD MECHANIC AND CANNOT BE DUPLICATED WITH THE NEW PATCH. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO DESIGN A MACRO WITH THIS STYLE OF MECHANIC. ARCHIVE IT! NEW PLAY STYLE TO COME!

Alright guys! Let’s get some good constructive criticism please. This is my first time posting to the community. I just switched to unholy because the DPS has been off the charts in LFR. It keeps 16 stacks of Necrotic Plague up without running it down to zero and it pops Dark Transformation as soon as you have 5 stacks. Runic power is pretty low all the time and I cant figure out if its ok to have it like this or if it is good to have a good pool built up.

Talents: 3,3,1,3,2,1,1
Unholy Blight and Necrotic Plague being the most important for this to work.

Major: Blood Boil, Empowerment, Dark Simulacrum.
Minor: Army of the Dead (to remove taunt), Tranquil Grip (to remove taunt), Geist (just for fun)

I keep Blood Boil on its own button to spread the when I need to. I have tried to collect the mobs to one place with Gorfiend’s Grasp and it helps but it is very fight specific.

Please let me know what kind of DPS you are getting with this. I tested it out but I was geared for frost (mastery) and unholy is multistrike.

Sequences['NecroBlight'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/use Draenic Strength Potion
]],
	"/castsequence reset=combat Outbreak, Unholy Blight",
	'/castsequence reset=combat Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike',	
	"/castsequence reset=combat Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil",
	'/cast [nopet] Raise Dead; Dark Transformation',
	'/castsequence reset=combat Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike',
	'/castsequence reset=combat Empower Rune Weapon',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Death's Advance
/cast Summon Gargoyle
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Beef give me your thoughts!

Hi,

I tried your macro. Really good job!

iLVL 719 - 78k on dummy without STR potion.

Thanks mate.

Can you create aeo macro for Necroblight build? :slight_smile:

Frost: Mastery/ Multistrike=Haste (Dual-Wielding playstyle)
Unholy: Mastery/ Multistrike (Necrotic Plague) or Multistrike/ Mastery (Breath of Sindragosa or Defile)
With Frost gear you can perfectly play Unholy.
Icy-veins Unholy Death Knight DPS Stat Priority (WoD 6.2.2)

Good work, keep it up!

Cheers,

Tim Roeleveld

Necroblight is almost all AOE but I know there are some variations for AOE fights so I will research it and post it when I have something good for you guys. Right now I am using Blood Boil to spread when more adds come into a fight. The stack of 15 spreads to them so there is no build up time.

Thank you. I’ll test it later.
I’ll only suggest a little modification:
To: ‘/cast [nopet] Raise Dead; Dark Transformation’

So I have an update for you guys. I am iLvl 677. I did Slagworks and got up to 135k. Lots of focus on the disease spreading while moving from target to target to make sure that it did not drop off as we were switching but the macro spam worked well to keep it up. Just a tip, I needed to every once in a while hit plague strike to refresh but by then UB was back up and the 15 stack was back up in no time.

Single target was ok DPS at 50k-60k but when the adds started showing up that’s when I saw the huge spikes. This is definitely a huge AOE build. Definitely a lot higher single target DPS than what I was getting with DW Frost.

Let me know if we can streamline this a bit.

nvm

bro, i hope u could make a greater macro like this for legion ^^

mike so… no update for pre patch ? :frowning: miss using your macro bro

Alright, so here it is. They completely took out the Necroblight mechanic. Now unholy is a smaller scale necroblight without the increasing DOTs.

I am having a bit of trouble with the festering strikes not hitting and keeping the debuff up. I tried it on the garrison dummies and got up to 55k but it doesn’t stay that way. It will go down to about 43k and sometimes lower. I cant figure out why it keeps dropping off like it does. Maybe you guys can find something.

Talents
2/1/2/1/2/1/3

Sequences['NecroBlight'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/use Draenic Strength Potion
]],
	"/castsequence reset=combat Outbreak,",
	'/castsequence reset=combat Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike',	
	"/castsequence reset=combat Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil, Death Coil",
	'/cast [nopet] Raise Dead; Dark Transformation',
	'/castsequence reset=combat Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike',
	'/castsequence reset=combat Soul Reaper, Soul Reaper',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Summon Gargoyle
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}