Need advice from my fellow Hunters.

Hello everyone,
I need some help with my rotation. I am looking for a decent macro that may help me with my issue. I play a MM Hunter on Dalaran. I am item level 867 - currently 864 due to maximizing my stats.
My Stats are currently:
(unbuffed, no flask, food or rune)
iLvl 865 worn
AGI 24,409
Crit:22.65%
Haste:21.81%
Mastery:26.46%

As of right now I dont use a macro. In multiple mob situations I have no problem doing from 300k up over a mil dps. Thats not my issue. Its when we do single targets and have to move constantly that my dps drops very low. Against Ursoc last night on heroic in the 4 attempts I ended up at 269k 241k and the last was like 221k. For my gear that is absolutely terrible.

if I could stay still I could do decent dps. Ihave watched so many utubes and read so many rotation guides and I feel i am following the rotation. I am doing 2 to 5 aimed shots during vunerables my haste allows me to get in that many especially when lock and load procs.

I would greatly appreciate the help in getting me set up with this macro system.
When legion first came out I tried to use this and my macros never worked always got errors so I got frustrated and stopped trying to use it.

Some bosses I do very well but others I have people telling me to read icy veins. The most frustrating part is that I have played a hunter since wows release, a few breaks here and there but I have always prided myself in being a very good hunter. But with this new expansion its no longer about being utility and versitile, its about how much dps you can pull and little else. Long gone are the days of ccing on the fly and keeping mobs locked down while fighting etc.

I come to you in seek of advice and help in this matter.

Thank you all,

Ardwinn Hunter (dalaran server)

Oh I forgot to Mention I am a nightelf, with Jewel crafting. I use the main talents, Lone wolf, Lock and load, barrage an sidewinders.
I have 29 points in my relic tree and on my 1 more point to buy in disengage and then I have turtle heal improvent then I am I done.

I use this and seems to work pretty good.

Sequences['MMST'] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Trueshot
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],  
'/cast [nochanneling] Barrage',
'/cast [nochanneling] Sidewinders',
'/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot, Aimed Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] Marked Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] Aimed Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] Windburst',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

[quote quote=37254]I use this and seems to work pretty good.
[/quote]

So can you define “pretty good” some numbers Ilevel etc.

Started out at 1.1 million, after 52 million in damage it settled at 400k
iLevel 848

Hi Jason I use the below as I did not write this one put together from others on here and seems to work ok till I find something better.

Sequences['MM'] = {
author='??',
specID=254,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 3113111',
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection
/cast Trueshot
/cast Blood Fury
]],
'/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Marked Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Aimed Shot',
'/cast [nochanneling] !Marked Shot',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [nogroup] Mend Pet
/use Draenic Agility Potion
]],
}

Hi Dugrall,

MOC & Barrage in your macro ?

TM,

Yes that way you can choose which talent you want and it will work.

[quote quote=37445]Started out at 1.1 million, after 52 million in damage it settled at 400k iLevel 848
[/quote]

When I go single target on the raiding dummy, I quickly settle on ~234k. This is with no food or pots. At ilvl 864, 899 weapon with 32 ranks, that’s pretty bad. Are you going against multiple dummies? How many clicks per second?

[quote quote=37602]

Started out at 1.1 million, after 52 million in damage it settled at 400k iLevel 848

When I go single target on the raiding dummy, I quickly settle on ~234k. This is with no food or pots. At ilvl 864, 899 weapon with 32 ranks, that’s pretty bad. Are you going against multiple dummies? How many clicks per second? [/quote] Yea I get the same mediocre results for my level which has set me as playing bm macro wise as I can pull much higher with those macros. If anyone has the secret sauce and especially any logs to back it up please do share.

[quote quote=37602]

Started out at 1.1 million, after 52 million in damage it settled at 400k iLevel 848

When I go single target on the raiding dummy, I quickly settle on ~234k. This is with no food or pots. At ilvl 864, 899 weapon with 32 ranks, that’s pretty bad. Are you going against multiple dummies? How many clicks per second? [/quote]Ok, I didn't realize at first, but I used the multi-target training dummies at Trueshot Lodge. So my numbers were for 3+ targets. Testing 112 single target raid dummy, bursted at ~420k and settled at ~205k.

How much % of haste u have guys? Most of the players have about 15% but as far as I saw last days there are many players with 18%+ hmm It mean we should buff our haste for about 20% to fit this macros well?

Thanx for the clarification burx.

Unfortunately, that puts us around the 10% of hunters on Warcraftlogs :frowning:

I’m not looking for super performance, but hoping we could at least get to 25% or so…

Hey everyone Thank you for the feedback I didn’t like the outcome of that macro as well and been messing around with some changes this seems to be better but would love a true tester to let me know there thoughts.

Sequences['MMST'] = {
specID = 253,
author = "John",
helpTxt = "New raid AoE  - Talent: 3212311",
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast Trueshot
]],  
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [nochanneling] A Murder of Crows
/use Ring of Collapsing Futures
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I think your talents are a bit wrong. (3) is Careful Aim, why take that over Lone Wolf? You also have (2) Black Arrow specified in talents but not in the macro at all.

Forgot to change them in the macro but I use Lone Wolf and Lock and Load They should be
1113(75 up to you) (90 I switch between 1,2 due to the fight) 1

You last macro worked great :slight_smile: Gonna test the new one soon and will tell ya result.

specID should be 254
Use the ring id number, i.e. /use 11 or /use 12.
You can specify ring and trinkets in GSSE options

Unfortunately still pulling very low dps for my ilevel, around 270k dps and im at 882 Ilevel with a 864 bloodthirsty aswell.

So my dps has went up a little but still struggling just like hegga1 is on single target. I am going to try and get your macro addon to work and test out the macros. Thank you all for your input and help. I will like my armory page info so you can see my gear if that helps more.

I am going to try that macro you just posted. last week… I will let you know that outcome.