Needing some help tweeking this - hopeful for an HP submit

I have tried the Arcane-Mage macros here for PVE and not really happy with any of them. I either do near zero DPS or I burn mana so fast I can’t cast for more than half a typical quest boss fight.
I run Frost as my primary and Fire as my secondary Spec, but to complete the Artifact Quest chain I have to do all 3. I have been trying to do a version for Arcane, but running into a few stumbling blocks:

--------------------
----Arcane 62-------
--------------------
Sequences['My_Arcane'] = {
author="Mageichthys@Kilrogg",
specID=62,
version=9,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 1121112",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]
/cast [nopet,nomod] Arcane Familiar
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Rune of Power",
"/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Power",
"/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Blast",
"/cast [nochanneling] !Arcane Missiles",
"/cast [nochanneling] Nether Tempest",
"/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Missiles",
"/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Explosion",
"/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Barrage",
"/cast [nochanneling] Supernova",
"/cast [nochanneling] Evocation",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [nochanneling] Ice Barrier
/cast [nochanneling] Ice Floes
/cast [nochanneling] Ice Block
]],
}

Issues I’m having:

• with current config… it casts Arcane Familiar but then second click cancels it??? I thought this would work like /cast [nopet,nomod] Summon Water Elemental' does in my Frost script
  • when I take out the above, and cast manually, everything seems to work; however it does not cast Supernova, Nether Tempest, Barrage nor Evocation.

I’m still very new at this macro/lua thing, but having fun with it. Once I get Artifact equipped, I’ll add artifact attributes.

I am really hoping to get some help with this. I don’t think that as a 106 lvl with adequate gear, garrison guardian, and Crit bonus from food, I should expect anything less than about 30K/sec DPS on a “lazy” 0.5sec button spam… I am getting about 45-60K with my Frost macro and close to same on my Fire macro… now I just need Arcane to do same.

Anyone up for the code challenge? (Sam?, TimothyLuke?)

My mage is versy small (Read 100 and just completed the frost artefact) Let me get some legs on him tonight and I’ll have a look

My mage is versy small (Read 100 and just completed the frost artefact) Let me get some legs on him tonight and I’ll have a look

Ohh wow… thanx Draik! :slight_smile:
If it helps, I have my modification of the DB-Frosty. It did well for me from 100 to 107 so far and I was able to handle most every quest mob situation and most all Quest bosses with it and my “bodyguard” companion from my Garrison (ArchMage Modera {Frost-Mage w/ Freeze}).
Let me know what you think. Also on your Artifact, be sure to bump your Blizzard bonuses… it helps a ton to be able to interject it in between your spam of the macro. Timing is at about 0.5 => 0.75 secs.

Sequences['My-DB_Frosty'] = {
author="Mageichthys@Kilrogg",
specID=64,
version=3,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 1322112",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nopet,nomod] Summon Water Elemental
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Rune of Power",
"/cast [nochanneling] Ray of Frost",
"/cast [nochanneling] Frost Bomb",
"/cast [nochanneling] Frozen Orb",
"/cast [nochanneling] Frozen Touch",
"/cast [nochanneling] Ebonbolt",
"/cast [nochanneling] Frostbolt",
"/cast [nochanneling] Ice Lance",
"/cast [nochanneling] Flurry",
"/cast [nochanneling] Ice Lance",
"/cast [nochanneling] Glacial Spike",
"/cast [nochanneling] Frostbolt",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [nochanneling] Ice Barrier
/cast [nochanneling] Ice Floes
/cast [nochanneling] Icy Veins
/cast [nochanneling] Frozen Orb
]],
}

Good luck and let me know what you think of both. Thanks again :slight_smile:

<quote>Issues I’m having:

• with current config… it casts Arcane Familiar but then second click cancels it??? I thought this would work like /cast [nopet,nomod] Summon Water Elemental’ does in my Frost script
  • when I take out the above, and cast manually, everything seems to work; however it does not cast Supernova, Nether Tempest, Barrage nor Evocation.</quote>

Arcane Familiar is not really a pet, it acts more like An aspect or buff, like our old Arcane Brilliance. So your second click will cancel it out. Most likely you are going have to keep an eye on it and toggle it manually.

Hm nothing seems to be happening attack wise, it pops my buffs and the macro cycles but I don’t actually cast anythign.

As Beldamn said, it just pops buffs then it casts nothing

Does not work. Nothing happens. Imported into GSSE and I got the macro to start but no attacks happen.