Contribute

New AOTB Macro (using Qa'Pla Boots) for 7.3

Home/Classes/Hunters/Beast Mastery/PvE/New AOTB Macro (using Qa'Pla Boots) for 7.3

Forums Forums Classes Hunters Beast Mastery PvE New AOTB Macro (using Qa'Pla Boots) for 7.3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    First Sergeant
    #54260 |

9/24 – Updated Macro. I decided to combine the 3 AOTB Macros into 1 macro. Tab 1 is the main macro complete with modifiers. Tab 2 is the version without modifiers. Tab 3 is the version for those not using the boots.

9/23 – Updated Macro. I noticed that at some point several minutes into the macro running it would get a little wonky in that Kill Command wasn’t being effectively gated behind Dire Beast. The goal of the macro is to maximize the cool-down reduction of the legendary boots. Due to timing issues though, Kill Command would get ahead of Dire Beast and it start missing casts of Kill Command.

Since we want Kill Command to be cast as much as possible and as soon as possible, this was not optimal. It wasn’t too terrible, but I am an OCD perfectionist…

So, I changed the macro up a bit and ran it on multiple iterations for 5-10 minutes each. It now runs smooth as glass. My DPS results from using this macro are very good. Enjoy!

Gween

NOTE: This macro is complex. But it works great if you simply use it in a straightforward way and spam the macro. The complexity is optional. If you really like this macro, but need some changes and want my help, just let me know.

This macro is specifically intended for use with the legendary boots which reduce the cool-down on Kill Command. Dire Beast and Kill Command are tied together to get the max benefit from the cool-down reduction.

I have included [mod] options in this macro, but the macro works great even if you elect to not use the mod commands. I will post a [mod]less version in a different thread.

The extra lines are important as you don’t want it to cast too many Cobra Shots and wind up perpetually focus starved and delaying the casting of Kill Commands.

This macro has a lot of optional parts and many mod functions.

1 – CTRL – Hold for AOE, release for single target
    2 – ALT – Hold to cast Revive Pet. This will heal the pet or rez if dead.
    3 – Shift – Hold to cast Counter Shot and Intimidation. Also hold to cast extra Cobra Shots to dump focus.

This macro will cast AMOC if you have that talent. It will cast Binding shot at your feet if you have that talent.

Talents:

Dire Stable or Way of the Cobra – If you have too much focus, go with WOTC, else go with Dire Stable
    Stomp
    Posthaste or Trailblazer – Posthaste for PvP else TRailblazer
    One with the Pack
    Binding Shot or Intimidation – Great for procing Sephuz along with Counter Shot, macro will auto cast Binding shot on top of you.
    A Murder of Crows or Volley – AMOC with high mastery, else Volley is just better
    Aspect of the Beast – Obvious choice

b3taversion1
    Scout

Really nice macro 🙂 I changed the binding shot to /cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot tho and it works perfect for me. Gets around 1.1-1.2 mill dps on dummy on 5 min fights.

散人 烟水
    Grunt

No legendary shoes can use it??

burx
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

Thanks, just got the shoes tonight! Great macro!

walt
    Stone Guard
    (Contributor)

can you add heal pet to macro please

Ghoste
    Sergeant

Have the legendary shoes but what is the best choice for the second legendary? I have most except the chest. And what stats do I want to aim for? Using Stomp build currently.

Gween
    First Sergeant

9/23 – Updated Macro. I noticed that at some point several minutes into the macro running it would get a little wonky in that Kill Command wasn’t being effectively gated behind Dire Beast. The goal of the macro is to maximize the cool-down reduction of the legendary boots. Due to timing issues though, Kill Command would get ahead of Dire Beast and it start missing casts of Kill Command.

Since we want Kill Command to be cast as much as possible and as soon as possible, this was not optimal. It wasn’t too terrible, but I am an COD perfectionist…

So, I changed the macro up a bit and ran it on multiple iterations for 5-10 minutes each. It now runs smooth as glass. My DPS results from using this macro are very good. Enjoy!

Gween

westham
    Grunt

right Gween before you updated this macro it imported fine. since the update iget them dam errors you have 17/18 macros please delete some when infact i only have about 4 one of them being your slightly older macro before this new update

Randy Brown
    Grunt

I THINK I NEED SOME NEW BOOTS!

Thanks for all the work you are putting into these macros. I am not handicapped or anything but it sure makes playing 1 handed with the baby on my lap a doable thing.

Gween
    First Sergeant

No legendary shoes can I use it?

You can, however the macro is optimized around the cool-down reductions associated with using the Qa’Pla boots. I have a different version posted that doesn’t require the boots and works better if you don’t have or use them.

But by all means, try them all and see what works best for you.

Gween

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.