OUTDATED - AOTB Macro (using Qa'Pla Boots) for 7.3

9/24 - Updated Macro. I decided to combine the 3 AOTB Macros into 1 macro. Tab 1 is the main macro complete with modifiers. Tab 2 is the version without modifiers. Tab 3 is the version for those not using the boots.

9/23 - Updated Macro. I noticed that at some point several minutes into the macro running it would get a little wonky in that Kill Command wasn’t being effectively gated behind Dire Beast. The goal of the macro is to maximize the cool-down reduction of the legendary boots. Due to timing issues though, Kill Command would get ahead of Dire Beast and it start missing casts of Kill Command.

Since we want Kill Command to be cast as much as possible and as soon as possible, this was not optimal. It wasn’t too terrible, but I am an OCD perfectionist…

So, I changed the macro up a bit and ran it on multiple iterations for 5-10 minutes each. It now runs smooth as glass. My DPS results from using this macro are very good. Enjoy!

Gween

NOTE: This macro is complex. But it works great if you simply use it in a straightforward way and spam the macro. The complexity is optional. If you really like this macro, but need some changes and want my help, just let me know.

This macro is specifically intended for use with the legendary boots which reduce the cool-down on Kill Command. Dire Beast and Kill Command are tied together to get the max benefit from the cool-down reduction.

I have included [mod] options in this macro, but the macro works great even if you elect to not use the mod commands. I will post a [mod]less version in a different thread.

The extra lines are important as you don’t want it to cast too many Cobra Shots and wind up perpetually focus starved and delaying the casting of Kill Commands.

This macro has a lot of optional parts and many mod functions.

1 - CTRL - Hold for AOE, release for single target
2 - ALT - Hold to cast Revive Pet. This will heal the pet or rez if dead.
3 - Shift - Hold to cast Counter Shot and Intimidation. Also hold to cast extra Cobra Shots to dump focus.

This macro will cast AMOC if you have that talent. It will cast Binding shot at your feet if you have that talent.

Talents:

Dire Stable or Way of the Cobra - If you have too much focus, go with WOTC, else go with Dire Stable
Stomp
Posthaste or Trailblazer - Posthaste for PvP else TRailblazer
One with the Pack
Binding Shot or Intimidation - Great for procing Sephuz along with Counter Shot, macro will auto cast Binding shot on top of you.
A Murder of Crows or Volley - AMOC with high mastery, else Volley is just better
Aspect of the Beast - Obvious choice

Sequences['AOTBGween'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.00.
  Author="Neewg@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2131133",
  Help = [[Press CTRL to switch macro into AOE mode.  Release CTRL for Single Target mode.
Press SHIFT to utilize Interupts, stuns, CC.
Press ALT to heal or rez your pet.
Talents - 3131x33 or 2131x33, can also choose AMOC if desired.
Tab 1 - Main Macro, complex and includes modifiers
Tab 2 - Modifiers removed
Tab 3 - Version for those not using Legendary Boots (Qa'Pla)]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Counter Shot",
        "/cast [mod:shift] Intimidation",
        "/cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/castsequence Kill Command, Dire Beast",
        "/cast [talent:6/1] A Murder of Crows; [mod:alt] Revive Pet",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; [mod:shift] Cobra Shot; [mod:alt] Revive Pet",
        "/cast [nomod:ctrl] Kill Command",
        "/cast [nomod:ctrl] Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [talent:6/1] A Murder of Crows; Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [3] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Revive Pet; Kill Command",
        "/cast Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Really nice macro :slight_smile: I changed the binding shot to /cast [mod:shift, @cursor] Binding Shot tho and it works perfect for me. Gets around 1.1-1.2 mill dps on dummy on 5 min fights.

No legendary shoes can use it??

Thanks, just got the shoes tonight! Great macro!

can you add heal pet to macro please

Have the legendary shoes but what is the best choice for the second legendary? I have most except the chest. And what stats do I want to aim for? Using Stomp build currently.

9/23 – Updated Macro. I noticed that at some point several minutes into the macro running it would get a little wonky in that Kill Command wasn’t being effectively gated behind Dire Beast. The goal of the macro is to maximize the cool-down reduction of the legendary boots. Due to timing issues though, Kill Command would get ahead of Dire Beast and it start missing casts of Kill Command.

Since we want Kill Command to be cast as much as possible and as soon as possible, this was not optimal. It wasn’t too terrible, but I am an COD perfectionist…

So, I changed the macro up a bit and ran it on multiple iterations for 5-10 minutes each. It now runs smooth as glass. My DPS results from using this macro are very good. Enjoy!

Gween

right Gween before you updated this macro it imported fine. since the update iget them dam errors you have 17/18 macros please delete some when infact i only have about 4 one of them being your slightly older macro before this new update

I THINK I NEED SOME NEW BOOTS!

Thanks for all the work you are putting into these macros. I am not handicapped or anything but it sure makes playing 1 handed with the baby on my lap a doable thing.

You can, however the macro is optimized around the cool-down reductions associated with using the Qa’Pla boots. I have a different version posted that doesn’t require the boots and works better if you don’t have or use them.

But by all means, try them all and see what works best for you.

Gween

It is included and activated by pressing the ALT key.

Gween

Most any of the legendaries are good second choices. I go with the one that provides the biggest upgrade or provides some other feature (survivability for example). The neck is a solid choice and since my non-legendary neck is one of my weakest pieces, I use the neck. But if you a good neck and some other slot that is a bad piece replace your worst piece with the applicable legendary for that slot.

As for stats, I go with Crit>Haste>Mastery

Gween

You mentioned in another thread that renaming the older macro solved the issue. Is this correct or are you still having problems with this one?

Gween

if you getting the error 17/18 macro limit you need to delete some macros out of your character specific list this is where gs stores the created icon /macro

so would you use parsel tongue in combo with the boots, and are they really that good ? have you simmed all your gear, have you tried the ring for dual talent? ty
and by nthe waay, this is the best macro ever :slight_smile:
i sim at 1.3M ilvl 930… got all the leggos for bm :stuck_out_tongue:
well around 1.3 but still very good hahahaah for doing nothing can look aweay nearly and do those stupid argus boss haha

[quote quote=54369]

since the update iget them dam errors you have 17/18 macros please delete some

You mentioned in another thread that renaming the older macro solved the issue. Is this correct or are you still having problems with this one? Gween [/quote]

What I found is if i was updating or trying a new macro (say Yours for example)or trying a new macro with your name etc, I had to delete that macro and put your new macro in then exit restart wow and then it would except and work.

9/24 – Updated Macro. I decided to combine the 3 AOTB Macros into 1 macro. Tab 1 is the main macro complete with modifiers. Tab 2 is the version without modifiers. Tab 3 is the version for those not using the boots.

Gween

P.S. I will likely only be updating this thread going forward.

[quote quote=54382]so would you use parsel tongue in combo with the boots, and are they really that good ? have you simmed all your gear, have you tried the ring for dual talent? ty and by nthe waay, this is the best macro ever ??? i sim at 1.3M ilvl 930… got all the leggos for bm ??? well around 1.3 but still very good hahahaah for doing nothing can look aweay nearly and do those stupid argus boss haha
[/quote] please :Pwhat are your thoughts

The chest is a good legendary piece. My testing with it shows that it is a smaller improvement over the tier chest then some of the other pieces (legs for example). I also have a really good non-tier chest that I use that makes the legendary chest less of an upgrade for me personally.

I do use the legendary chest in my ‘Leech build’. This is a set of gear that I put together that maximizes the amount of leech that I can stack. It’s a good farming gear set, but it is a niche thing and really not all that necessary.

I use the legendary neck most often of all my legendary pieces. This is first because the nevk is the single biggest upgrade relative to the gear I have (I have a lower ilvl neck) and also because the damage absorb shield is just so good.

Depending on what I am doing, I might use the legs (on fights like Mythic Sisters where I stand still a lot) or wrists (on fights like Mythic Desolate Host where I often have to turtle several times during the fight). I am not really stuck on any single legendary is ‘must’ use. But given the options, I would probably go with the neck most frequently.

For whatever that is worth…

No, I haven’t simmed anything. I spend time on training dummies and LFRs to get a measure of what works and what doesn’t.

I have tried all the legendary pieces. Each has its uses, as I elaborated above.

Gween

For WallyWorld (added Pet heal/rez to macros without mods):

Sequences['AOTBGween'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.00.
  Author="Neewg@Bleeding Hollow",
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2131133",
  Help = [[Press CTRL to switch macro into AOE mode.  Release CTRL for Single Target mode.
Press SHIFT to utilize Interupts, stuns, CC.
Press ALT to heal or rez your pet.
Talents - 3131x33 or 2131x33, can also choose AMOC if desired.
Tab 1 - Main Macro, complex and includes modifiers
Tab 2 - Modifiers removed
Tab 3 - Version for those not using Legendary Boots (Qa'Pla)]],
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [talent:6/1] A Murder of Crows; [mod:alt] Revive Pet",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Multi-Shot; [mod:shift] Cobra Shot; [mod:alt] Revive Pet",
        "/cast [nomod:ctrl] Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Revive Pet",
        "/cast Cobra Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [3] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast Dire Beast",