New to GS:E

Okay, so I have been fiddling with this for a few days now. I have gotten GS:E to work, but if I rename a macro in my myMacros folder to anything but LiveTest it won’t come up in game, weird, but no worries.

I have tried getting others macros from here to load and no luck. So I used GSSE in game to write a macro and copy pasted it in the death knight .lua and that’s where I have had at least some luck writing these.

Talents: 3,1,2,1,2,1,1
So here is what I have for single target:

local Sequences = GSMasterSequences -- Dont remove this

------------------
----- Death Knight
------------------
Sequences['LiveTest'] = {
author="Scuurge@Area 52",
specID=252,
helpTxt = "Talents: 3121211",
icon=136187,
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Raise Dead",
"/castsequence reset=45 Dark Transformation",
"/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
/petattack]],
}

I read in another forum post that the reset=time(target)(combat) does not work? Is this correct? I have some pretty good DPS with my gear being at lvl 701 using this macro. It is simple, maybe I could get some help tweaking it. I would really like to put outbreak on it’s own 20 second timer, but it doesn’t seem to work. It just eats up my runes and keeps recasting outbreak even when I add the line /castsequence reset=20 Outbreak

Also, I was thinking of taking out a festering strike and/or adding death coils at the end, usually 2, while runes recharge.

Edit: I have not played since Cata when a lot of this was done in game. Returning for Legion so go easy on me, a lot has changed!

Hey man this one is not working when i am Copy Paste in to GE-E Death knight

edit: i got it to work when i did Remove all of the other rotations in ther

Yeah I haven’t been able to get others macros to work at all. I finally just typed up my own in GSSE in game then copy pasted it to the DK lua.

------------------
----- Death Knight
------------------
Sequences['LiveTest'] = {
author="Scuurge@Area 52",
specID=252,
helpTxt = "Talents: 3121211",
icon=136187,
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Raise Dead",
"/castsequence reset=45 Dark Transformation",
"/castsequence reset=target Outbreak,Festering Strike, Festering Strike, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
/petattack]],
}

Some small notes:

When you copy this from the game you have to change the name to something else. Leaving it at LiveTest will mean that its ignored. What you are seeing is not the new macro but the one you have in memory from teh editor. Sequences['LiveTest'] = { needs to change Sequences['MyAwesomeDKMacro'] = {

What happens when you do a /gs Do you get an error? IF so tell me what error you are getting.

Did you do a /console reloadui or a log out/log in after you saved the macro? If you just save stuff to the file and dont do a reloadui or a logout/login the game doesnt know about the changes you have made to the files until you reload.

Thanks for the reply TL. I have been reloading the UI, and even doing compelte relogs. It appears as of now everything is working fine. I changed the name of the macro and it auto appeared when I did a /gs. I think my problem before was trying to use others macros. I have had zero issues since creating a macro in gsse in game like you did in your video, and then copy pasting that code from in game to the myMacros.

A few quick questions though: Does the reset timer work for skills? If I want additional macros for the death knight do I just creat/copy/paste under each macro that precedes it?

Thanks in advance for everything you have done, I am a total nooblet to this as I haven’t played in quite some time.