One Cause of Inability to open Options and Table expected Got String Errors GSE2

I have been working through this and received a GSE.lua file from a user that had the following in the the GSELibrary part of the GSE.lua file. THe problem is the GSE1 macro in as a second set of {'s under MacroVersions. (Line 8 to 23)

[0] = {
  ["911ST"] = {
    ["Talents"] = "?,?,?,?,?,?,?",
    ["Default"] = 1,
    ["Author"] = "Unknown Author",
    ["MacroVersions"] = {
      {
        {
          "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Ironbark", -- [1]
          "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Swiftmend", -- [2]
          "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Rejuvenation", -- [3]
          "/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] Regrowth", -- [4]
          "/cast [@mouseover,dead] Rebirth", -- [5]
          ["source"] = "Local",
          ["author"] = "XXXXXX",
          ["PostMacro"] = "/cast [@mouseover] Rejuvenation\n/cast [@player,combat] Barkskin\n",
          ["version"] = 3,
          ["lang"] = "enUS",
          ["helpTxt"] = "Talents: 1321233",
          ["specID"] = 105,
          ["PreMacro"] = "",
          ["icon"] = "INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK",
        }, -- [1]
        ["StepFunction"] = "Sequential",
      }, -- [1]
    },
    ["SpecID"] = 0,
  },

This is a GSE1 macro trying to be forced into GSE2. The problem for this is that it hasn’t been through the converter that’s part of the Import GUI for Legacy macros. That then has a knock on effect that when GSE2 tries to interpret its a jumbled mess. It cant see the PreMacro, PostMacro, KeyPress or KeyRelease as they are not in their correct place.

Subsequent attempts to import this have worked and there are 13 other versions of this macro in the Druid Part of the GSE.lua file but this one breaks it.

Removing this can be done manually via a text editor. It can also be done a lot cleaner by /run GSELibrary[0]["MacroName"] = nil

The other thing to do

/gs resetoptions

Bumping to bring to recent Topics as I cannot link to this for some reason.

If you have this problem then GSE 2.1.0 won’t work for you.

I will release the first alpha of 2.1.01 tonight. The code for this has been checked into GitHub and has a fix for this problem in that it will skip any sequences that have this problem. It will however report on the sequence Name. This wont remove the sequence from your GSE.lua file. It will just report that a particular macro is corrupt so that you can take action.

Thank you.

Cut and paste of the lines:
/run GSELibrary[0][“MacroName”] = nil
/gs resetoptions

Got me back up and running.

Appreciate your work and interaction with us.

Best Wishes

Thank you so much. I try to write paper fast , college is really kicking my ass and I kinda left my IT work. This code is very good dude, thanks again