Outlaw ST/AOE GS-E 7.0.3 Macro

These two macros are not intended to be raiding macros! Nor are they going to have you destroying DPS charts! The macros do completely manage all aspects of your Combo Point spending regardless of what RtB buffs you have from the macro rolling. So it will be a DPS loss from that aspect. They will also have you put up decent numbers and allow for you to focus on other aspects of the game.

** UPDATED 10/24/16 **

Change Log: Adjusted the overall flow of the macro to attempt to eliminate lock ups. Macro ran smooth for 5 minutes on training dummies.

**Be sure to watch for your cooldown timers! I use are Carrn’s WeakAura. Here is the link: Carrn's Pastebin - Pastebin.com

Sequences['OutlawST'] = {
author="Mournchase@Dalaran",
specID=260,
helpTxt = 'Talents:3211222',
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [@focus, exists, nodead] Tricks of the Trade
/cancelaura Blade Flurry
/cast [nocombat,nostealth] Stealth
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast Adrenaline Rush
    ]],
"/cast [combat] Marked for Death",
"/castsequence [combat] Curse of the Dreadblades, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/castsequence [combat] Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Roll the Bones, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [mod:shift] Riposte
/use 13
/use 14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

Sequences['OutlawAOE'] = {
author="Mournchase@Dalaran",
specID=260,
helpTxt = "Talents:3211222",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
PreMacro = [[
/cast [@focus, exists, nodead] Tricks of the Trade
/cast [nomod] !Blade Flurry
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast Adrenaline Rush
    ]],
"/cast [combat] Marked for Death",
"/castsequence [combat] Curse of the Dreadblades, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/castsequence [combat] Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Roll the Bones, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Run Through",
"/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush",
PostMacro = [[
/use 13
/use 14
]],
}

Hey, tested this on a dummy(5min), it applys RotB when u have cd’s but when u dont have any it dosnt do it at all, tweak it a bit more and it will be fine, works rly good as one-shot macro tho, but if they stun u, u throw all ur cd’s and its wasted,

maby put RotB in the sequence to fix that problem.

Thanks for the testing and advice, I have added RtB to the rotation.

So tested it again after the RotB in rotation, doing 165k-170k sustained, burst dmg on 480k, seems to be chunky and dosnt apply RotB when u got 6 CP or dosnt use MfD(only in beginning,) and apply RotB when u only got 1-2 CP, might tweak it a bit and remove some saber slash or pistol shot in the rotation,

im 852 ilvl btw, and tweak it and it will work better.

@David thanks for the help on this, i did some revisions and it seems to feel better to me. Not sure where else to trim fat or smooth it out but it seems to do it’s job.

Dont forget to update the macro if u fix them :slight_smile: would be nice to see the progress on it

Oh ya working out some of the kinks and will update asap.

First of all, I want to thank you for making this macro. I am new to macros and I have a question. After I imported your macros into the .lua file, I tried to import the macros in game. When I create the new macros in /gs, I found that the macros just do not work. However, the macros I used other than Outlaw works fine. Any idea how to make your macros work?

Not sure exactly on this one… I use an addin called My macro pack which i store all of my custom macros in that i either create or download, you can find it here:

this pack makes is useful because everytime GS-E gets updated it will not overwrite what you have already stored.

Also the macro does have rocket barrage in it which is for a goblin, so you would want to delete that one and put in any racial you may have. With the way it is setup right now it is not at 100% as I would like as it still needs some adjustments which should be complete tomorrow if i have testing time.

Thanks for reply, I already deleted the rocket barrage line but it still did not work. I had an Assassination macros that I have been used for few days and after adding your macros into the rogue.lua, none of them works. Then I deleted yours, in that case the Assassination one worked again. I am not sure if the problem is because my GS-E is not the latest version.

Yeah in the past i have had issues with macros not working properly if the addon was out of date, i would try doing and update and see if itbworks. And as my memory serves i even had to uninstall and reinstall once to get them working again. Other then that I am not sure. Good luck.

Thanks for the submission. I did notice that you show your first talent as 3, Quick Draw, but you have Ghostly Strike in the rotation.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Yes my first talent in this right is Ghostly Strike, but that is a talent I switch between very often depending on the situation.

Updated to remove some of the excess pooling of CP

Good macro first of all, Started off blowing up target dummies for about 225 single target sustained burst was pretty nice, but I think this could be made better.
So I have a few concerns.
First of all I had a question as to why there are two lines and how does this work?
>
‘/castsequence reset=12 [combat,target,nochanneling] Curse of the Dreadblades, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Pistol Shot, Run Through’,
‘/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through, Feint’,

now that I just read it again and thought does the first cast sequence only kick in when curse of the dreadblades is casted? Does that reactivate when it comes back up? and then switchs to main rotation?

Next a few concerns. I noticed that my on target dummies the tricks of the trade gets stuck I am assuming this goes off on cooldown as well but is there a way to put it on a shift modifier so yo ucan activate as need like for when you switch targets. Not much control on it if it goes on cooldown all the time.
Same with riposte It activates the moment I start pressing the button as well. Not sure why that would be needed on cooldown it is more for the clutch moments. “For pvp this is actually really awesome to be honest.” But for a raid I would like to save it for life or death moments.
Same with health stone, I would say we put our crimson vial in there for constant regen of health on cooldown.

Also noticed the adrenaline rush not in the macro.
and how do I work in roll the bones?
If using marked for death as a cast sequence reset would it be a good idea to put Run through as first cast on main sequence for when that is activated, otherwise it would just skip to saber slash anyway if it is not used.
But do keep marked for death out of it I rather have that used as a mouse over skill for picking up Combo points on dying mobs. (once blizzard fixes mouseover for marked for death.
Also like to see ghostly strike in macro it self and not nessarilly as a cast reset.

These are just a few ideas I was thinking of working on I attempt it over the week, but would like to know what you think.

Thank you for your post, this is my first macro actually and many of your recommendations are valid and some changes I will be making today.

The reset=12 is the reset time in seconds before that line is utilized again. Thus the reason why it has its own line.

As for tricks of the trade, I set the main tank as focus before i run in a raid or instance. That way all the threat I procure during the fight gets dumped onto the tank and helps him/her hold aggro. For me I want it to be cast on cooldown.

[quote quote=35190]Also noticed the adrenaline rush not in the macro.
and how do I work in roll the bones?[/quote]

Both of these are in the macro. Roll the Bones works on the front side of the macro.

See update later

I have Roll the Bones first so that it can immediately start buffing all attacks. Now I do have a keybind setup for my mouse wheel that I can reapply once Max CP are reached you just have to stop using the macro for a split second.

I will be working on the macro today. Keep an eye out. Thanks again.

I just came back for legion since cata so my macro skills are rusty did not understand how some of them were supposs to work as written playing with it now. Having trouble with putting tricks on a modifier but not sure if it works outside of group with a @focus targetting on it. may just keep that on a seperate button macro with a modifier on which of my guilds main tanks are and just keep that completely separate.

How ever I did play with this line and I think it works great.

This allows you not to use it as the macro is pressed unless you press the shift key then it will activate immediately. Saving that cooldown for those clutch moments where you got 10 seconds of rogue tanking to save the raid.

Now i had questions
For the stealth you have
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
underneath it it only cast ambush since that brings you out of stealth there is no chance for it to cast the cheapshot so why is that there?

For this next line I see it only cast once then stops due to null, Which makes since cause like I said I rather use marked for death as a mouseover rather than in a main line macro, but to start the fight it makes sense.
/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Marked for Death, Ghostly Strike, Roll the Bones, Adrenaline Rush, null
]],

If you put a ! in front of roll the bones in the main macro would that prevent it from recasting till the first one is gone? or is ! for toggle only?

Also I added a ‘/cast adrenaline rush’, in my macro so it would cast adrenaline rush on cooldown since with artifact specs change the timing on this cooldown as well as true blood roll.

Sorry for all the questions, but I do love a good macro.

This is what I changed so far I believe it works alot better please test it out and let me know how it works for you guys.
(upfront notice change the racial if you are not a goblin.)

Sequences[‘OutlawSTModAoE’] = {
author=“Peacekeeper@bleedinghollowhorde”,
specID=260,
helpTxt = ‘Talents:1213322’,
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
icon=‘INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK’,
PreMacro = [[
/cast [mod:alt] Blade Flurry
/cast [stealth] Ambush
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Marked for Death, Ghostly Strike, Roll the Bones, Adrenaline Rush, null
]],
‘/cast [combat] Adrenaline Rush’,
‘/castsequence reset=90 [combat,target,nochanneling] Curse of the Dreadblades, Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Pistol Shot, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Run Through’,
‘/castsequence reset=[combat,target,nochanneling] Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through’,
‘/cast Rocket Barrage’,
‘/cast Crimson Vial’,
PostMacro = [[
/use 13
/use 14
]],
}

Here I left ambush and cheap shot till I know the reasoning behind it.
added ghostly strike into the rotation since it was in the Null line it did not recast now has almost a 100% uptime.
Put in crimson vial for constant health regen on cooldown.
Put adrenaline rush cast on cooldown.
I added the Goblin racial because that is what I use. Anyone else not a goblin would place your racial bonus there or delete it all together.
I took out the tricks of the trade I see no need to cast it on cooldown since threat really not an issue this expansion. I do use it as a separate macro altogether for when we switch to a seperate target. But I guess you could add Null to that line so that it would work that way in the macro by only casting it once on the current target.

Edited added [combat] to adrenaline rush so would not cast upon stealthing
removed Feint from main line macro. (uses 20 energy, rather use manually when in AoE dmg rather than just casting it randomly in macro, again if it still reduces threat like it use to threat has not really been an issue this expansion enough to use this as a threat reducer.)
I changed the line with cursed blades to a 90 second reset since that is the cool down of cursed blades and that is when you want it to go back and use that line of code for the alternating saber slash/pistol shot and run through, was losing dps when it would go back to the line without cursed blades being active cause it started doing run through with 1 or 2 combo points was a waste. This way the macro will stay on the base line macro till your burst is ready. by doing this I was getting 260 dps after this change it went to a sustained of ~320 dps. (also added another round of saber slash and run through to the curseblade line to make up 12 seconds of casting.

fyi I wish there was a way to only cast pistol shot only on the free proc

Another change - ditch your second macro for AoE runs into issues pressing the second macro you press it and then press it more you are instantly turning off blade flurry. Just keep the one macro I made I added a [mod:alt] Blade flurry instead a cancel aura. This way you just have to tap alt to turn it on and off. going instantly from single target to AoE while staying on the macro line without skipping a beat.

I believe this is what will push it to a HP_macro for an outlaw rogue.

I just posted my updates to the macros. I too use a goblin. We both had a similar idea to the mods, i used some of your code adjustments as well. With your permission I would love to add your combined macro to the original post that way users can easily choose which version they would like to use.

I dont mind I was going to make a new thread cause I made several adjustments over night plus some complementary macros to go with the spec. but I don’t know how to copy the colorful ones over to the forum.