Priority step function working as intended?

Hello, this is mainly a question for the addon developer.

I have been trying to learn how to properly use GSE, and while I was playing around with the priority step function, I found some strange behavior. I was using the coding trick of having every part of the macro run a print command so I could see the logic of how the step function worked – two print commands in each of the pre and post macros, and three in the main loop.

When I stepped through it with an inner-loop limit of 1, everything worked as I expected: e.g. pre1, pre2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, post1, post2, pre1…

With other loop limits, though, things were a little weird. Loop limit 3 gave me the following: pre1, pre2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, post1, post2, pre1…
No loop limit or entering 0 gave me: pre1, pre2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, …

Basically, what I think is happening is that the priority step function goes through the lines by priority one time, then becomes sequential until it hits the inner loop limit. At that point it restarts, does one priority loop and then resumes sequential.

Is this behavior intended? The documentation led me to believe that what I should see is something more like this: (loop limit 2) pre1, pre2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, post1, post 2, pre1…

Thanks!