Professional Courtesy for Hunters

All, please consider adding the following to your macros. This is to keep new and old Hunters from getting pinged. There is nothing worse than a hunter showing up in a group, PUG, LFR, Mythics and God help you do this in a guild raid. What it is, bringing out you cherished pet and leaving “Growl on” (the tank will seek you out in IRL and end you) and not having the pet on “Passive”. Seriously if you use a pet and don’t or forget to manage your pet, folks/guilds will eliminate/kick you from the activity. There is NO tolerance. So how do we show a little love, consider the following:

Add as the first lines under the KeyPress entries

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattack
/cast [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Growl
/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl
/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead]

This addition will, on key press

1. Target nearest enemy
  2. rez your pet if its dead
  3. tell you pet to attack focus target
  4. If in group it will automatically TURN OFF growl PUG and Raid
  5. If solo it will automatically TURN ON growl Solo Questing

Life is good and you don’t piss of 5 man or 25 man groups. Trust me it is a lot of hate that will come if you forget to manage your pet.

I hope its helpful and happy hunting. My main is a Hunter and I play mostly MM and now having fun with Surv. I go with BM when i just want to show off my pets and XMog.

Many thanks to the macro masses and all the good work done. Makes playing fun again

Good job, 95% i ran as tanking brewmaster and damned warlock, and hunter’s pet they usually taunt boss off from me. xD