Protection Pally (Tank) 5.2

I have been trying to work on a simple macro to save some space and grant some ease of use but it does not seem to work. Any help would be great I tried the 5.1 tank macro that Aaron posted but it didn’t work and it was larger than 255 characters

/targetenemy [noharm]

/startattack

/castsequence reset=7/combat Sacred Shield,Judgement,Hammer of the Righteous,Crusader Strike,Consecration,Holy Wrath

so just something simple but it’s not working anyone have any ideas?

The other tanking macros works great, but if you are looking for 255 or less, you are limited with what abilities you can use and you need to optimize your talents to work with that limitation.

Ill see what i can come up with off the top of my head, but looking at your macro, it will hang for 3 seconds due to HoTR and CS sharing a cooldown. And Judgement is spelled Judgment, drop the e.

Try this one. Single target.

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1,1, sacred shield

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1,1, consecration

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,1, judgment

/castsequence reset=0.3 1, crusader strike

/castsequence reset=0.3 shield of the righteous

/cast avenger’s shield

umm how do you use more than 255 characters in a macro?

Sorry if that’s a dumb question I just have not gone too in depth into macros

And thanks for the reply I appreciate it

You can download Superdupermacro from curse.

there is superdupermacro from curse. it shows its out of date but it still works but there is another addon on macro tool kit which you can find here Fandom I prefer superdupermacro because that’s what i’ve used for a long time but macro toolkit is better.

can you make aoe like that? :wink:

aoe tank macro

/targetenemy [noharm] /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Execution Sentence /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,sacred shield /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Hammer of Wrath /castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Shield of the Righteous /castsequence reset=0.3 0,Avenger’s Shield /castsequence reset=9 judgment, hammer of the righteous, holy wrath, consecration, hammer of the righteous

hi wheres the 5.3 stuff for pallys ?

Nothing has changed from 5.2 that would change anything.

That said ill put up what i use.

I talent 3,3,3,2,1,1 for prot.

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,2, sacred shield
/castsequence [target=player]reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2, holy prism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2, consecration
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2, judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2, shield of the righteous
/cast avenger’s shield
/cast divine protection
/use 14

Single target. Use Insight, Great for self heals since i do not use WoG to self heal instead use SoTR For HoPo, the heal from Holy Prism is nice tied with SS and Colossus enchant i am never a problem for my heals. Any good tank with have his Big D cooldowns off this macro.

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,2, sacred shield
/castsequence [target=player]reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2, holy prism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2, consecration
/castsequence reset=0,3 2,2,2, judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, hammer of the righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 2, shield of the righteous
/cast avenger’s shield
/cast divine protection
/use 14

Aoe version. No need for Holy Wrath in my opinion. Paladins are great for AOE threat as is and adding Holy Prism self cast is great for multiple targets threat plus the threat from the heal is bonus.

In Both these macros i use DP on cd and my trinket. Take them out if you like more control over those. I tend to forget about them so they go unused for long time periods if i do not macro them in.

These macros work 100% of time for me. I tank LFR and Heroic Scenarios and 5 mans. I use a full Ret set minus the sword, shield and trinkets. Prot and Ret have the same stat priority, haste, which makes life easy for us.

[quote quote=6924]Nothing has changed from 5.2 that would change anything.

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2,2, sacred shield<br>
/castsequence [target=player]reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2, holy prism<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2, consecration<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2, judgment<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, crusader strike<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2, shield of the righteous<br>
/cast avenger’s shield<br>
/cast divine protection<br>
/use 14

Single target. Use Insight, Great for self heals since i do not use WoG to self heal instead use SoTR For HoPo, the heal from Holy Prism is nice tied with SS and Colossus enchant i am never a problem for my heals. Any good tank with have his Big D cooldowns off this macro.

/castsequence reset=0,3 2,2,2, judgment<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, hammer of the righteous<br>
/use 14

Aoe version. No need for Holy Wrath in my opinion. Paladins are great for AOE threat as is and adding Holy Prism self cast is great for multiple targets threat plus the threat from the heal is bonus.

In Both these macros i use DP on cd and my trinket. Take them out if you like more control over those. I tend to forget about them so they go unused for long time periods if i do not macro them in.

These macros work 100% of time for me. I tank LFR and Heroic Scenarios and 5 mans. I use a full Ret set minus the sword, shield and trinkets. Prot and Ret have the same stat priority, haste, which makes life easy for us.
[/quote]

Neither of these worked for me. Attacks would not fire off and Avenger’s Shield never fires.

Make sure you actually have the talents that are in the macro. Make sure you are in “protection” spec. Make sure you have a Seal “active”. Make sure you typed it correctly if you did not copy and paste. Make sure you are spamming the button as fast as you can if you do not have a keypress mouse or keyboard doing that for you. Make sure you have low latency, high latency or a old computer with a crap processor will not help in using these macros. BTW WoW is VERY VERY processor heavy, a low end vid card and a high end processor helps more then a crap processor and high end card.

That said if you copy and pasted and you have <br> at the end of every line, it wont work either. Like i said they work perfect for me. I use a key press “macro” on my razor mouse, with “no delay”.

Ok…I figured out what it was. One I don’t have Holy Prism yet but I took that line out before also. When I copy and pasted the macro the apostrophe in the word Avenger’s Strike had to be changed. For some reason its altered when I copy and paste. Once I changed that little symbol it works great now.

Thanks.

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield of the Righteous
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Holy Wrath
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Consecration
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Avenger’s Shield
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Judgment
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Can someone post a macro for leveling, as I dont have any talents above level 80 atm as I just decided to level my 80 pally up to 90, I can use either basic or superdupermacro thanks!!

Marc the second post I made on this page was for my pre 90 pally https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/protection-tank-5-1-2/page/2

Hope that helps.

I think this might be too long as you really want to only have 5 cast sequences in a macro.

I would maybe eliminate Hammer of Wrath for Prot and keep that on a second button.

[quote quote=7038]/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,Holy Avenger<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Crusader Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield of the Righteous<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Holy Wrath<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Consecration<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Avenger’s Shield<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Hammer of Wrath<br>
/castsequence reset=5 Judgment,Sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Judgment<br>
/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath<br>
/use [combat] 13<br>
/use [combat] 14<br>
/startattack[/quote]

[quote quote=6924]Nothing has changed from 5.2 that would change anything.

/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2, judgment<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, crusader strike<br>
/use 14

/castsequence reset=0,3 2,2,2, judgment<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, hammer of the righteous<br>
/use 14

[/quote]

Hi if someone could just help me to understand why did u use 2, 2, 2, 2 etc in your macro and not 0, 0, 0, 0 etc, what difference does the 2 make, thanks.

It makes no difference - helm is 0.3 1 - neck is 0.3 2 - shoulder is 0.3 3 etc. The only reason you would want to change the item equipped is to not make it activate constantly - ie the headless horsemans helm makes a laughing sound and every time the CD was up it would play the sound by using the macro - can be quite annoying.

There are not many items in the game that do that so don’t stress about it. Just use what you want to but be careful - on my priest with a swapactionbar macro (2 hotbars only) I had “disenchant item” ability in slot 2 for hotbar 3 (same slot for my macro in hotbar 1 and 2) and for some unknown reason my hotbar went to 3 and disenchanted my helm midfight due to the 0.3 1, format

To solve that I put disenchant to key 8 on hotbar 3.

Anyone else having an issue with Consecration firing off? I have the talent, just not working in the macro???

Make sure you do not have Consecration glyphed. That will more than likely break it, glyph makes it targetable, kinda like a death knights death and decay.