Forums Forums Paladin Archive Patch 5.0+ Protection (Tank) [2 Buttons] – 5.0.4

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    High Warlord
    (Admin)

It has a modifier for Avenger’s Shield in the main full rotation one and the cooldowns has a modifier for Hammer of Wrath.

Holy charges will be spent with the macro rotation, if you use a finishing move outside of it will cause the macro to get locked up.

If you miss an attack it might get locked up. Save charges from Avenger’s Shield proc or be close to hit cap to prevent missing. Other option is wait 3 seconds until macro resets.

Main Rotation:

/castsequence [mod]Avenger's Shield;reset=3 Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Shield of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Holy Wrath,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous

Cooldowns:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Hammer of Wrath; Divine Protection
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /cast Ardent Defender
    /cast Devotion Aura
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    /use 13
    /use 14

Your Ad Here

p s
    Scout

thank you for the macro! quick question: what does the [mod] do? Is that suppose to be [mod:shift] or [mod:alt]?

Lutechi
    High Warlord
    (Admin)

thank you for the macro! quick question: what does the [mod] do? Is that suppose to be [mod:shift] or [mod:alt]?

You are welcome, [mod] by itself takes all the keys (Alt, Ctrl, Shift). If you decide for an specific one then is like you wrote it, like [mod:shift] etc…

Here is a post that explains more: Modifiers

Michael Lynch
    Scout

Luis,

I’m not sure if this went live, but during beta this was true that [mod] meant nothing. You had to do mod:Shift or mod:ALT to use another button. I don’t know if it has been fixed already though.

Lutechi
    High Warlord
    (Admin)

Luis, I’m not sure if this went live, but during beta this was true that [mod] meant nothing. You had to do mod:Shift or mod:ALT to use another button. I don’t know if it has been fixed already though.

Hi Michael, I don’t know if is because I’m in a Mac client, but it works fine here with all the keys while [mod]. I just verified it a few seconds ago 😉

Majid
    Scout

Wow thanx nice pala macro it’s working well. But If you can plz make CD macro alone and dps macro  it wil be perfect  and easy

Vyper
    Scout

Thoughts on this rotation?

/castsequence [mod]Avenger’s Shield;reset=3 Judgment,Hammer of the Righteous,Consecration,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Shield of the Righteous,sacred Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgment,Holy Wrath,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous

Parker
    Scout

I like your AOE addition Vyper.  My problem with these are that they are real sensitive to getting locked up if you will.  I find myself with 2 extra HP alot.  I will mess with it and see if i come up with anything, new to tanking myself.

Jeppe C
    Scout

This is my solution to a 1-button macro.

/castsequence [mod]Sacred Shield;reset=3 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Holy Wrath,Consecration,Judgment,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Holy Wrath,Crusader Strike,Consecration,
    /cast Shield of the Righteous

I have removed Shield of the Righteous from the cast sequence since CS and/or HoR can proc Avenger’s Shield which will then generate 1 Holy Power. By creating a line with /cast Shield of the Righteous I can make SotR cast whenever I have 3 Holy Power, since it’s off the global cooldown. That’s better than having a strict rotation where you can waste Holy Power because the castsequence is not ready for SotR yet.

However there will be a down time where both Judgement and CS is on a 3 sec CD. That’s where I use Avenger’s Shield. Also there will be a few seconds down time at some point, which we cannot avoid.

If your raid comp doesn’t have physical damage reduction debuff, I would recommend replacing just 1 CS with HoR for the 10% dmg reduction debuff.

AoE version

For an AoE version CS can be replaced with HoR.

Problems

This macro has 2 (or probably more) problems.

1. By making SotR cast all the time, you’ll have a hard time using Holy Power for Word of Glory, since spamming the 1-button macro will use the Holy Power before you even know.
    I don’t know if threat is an issue in MoP yet. If it isn’t we might wan’t to use Word of Glory instead because SotR would be wasted on threat.
    2. This macro uses consecration, so you cannot glyph it and make use of the ranged consecration. Personally I won’t glyph consecration anyway, because I think it’s a bad way to pull, since the mobs will run out of the AoE fast and because the mobs should be attacking you at melee range anyway. Avenger’s Shield is for range pulling/silencing caster mobs etc.

Especially the 1st problem I mentioned is worth taking into consideration. The macro is okay for the lazy tanks, but you might wan’t the Word of Glory in raids. We’ll see.

Jeppe C
    Scout

It looks like there’s less downtime on this macro:

/castsequence [mod]Sacred Shield;reset=3 Judgment,Crusader Strike,Holy Wrath,Judgment,Consecration,Crusader Strike,Judgment,Holy Wrath,Crusader Strike,Consecration,
    /cast Shield of the Righteous

Fill out the cooldown gaps with Avenger’s Shield and Sacred Shield.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Archive Patch 5.0+’ is closed to new topics and replies.