Protection (Tank) – 5.1

Let us know how it works for you guys or if you can make it even better post it here.

This is an Extended Macro ← Click for more info

To rage dump just simply hold any modifier key once while hitting the macro.

/castsequence [mod] Cleave;[combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield Barrier
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Shockwave
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Revenge
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Shield Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Commanding Shout
/castsequence reset=5/target Devastate,Thunder Clap,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Demoralizing Shout
/cast Charge
/cast [combat] Avatar
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack

Warning it will charge whatever is in line of sight, use to your discretion, works fine for me cause I been used to stop spamming after mobs are death or close to, otherwise if other mob is in range you will be charging it like crazy.

Cooldowns Macro Optional:

/cast Commanding Shout
/cast Spell Reflection
/cast Berserker Rage
/cast Mass Spell Reflection
/cast Enraged Regeneration
/cast Shield Wall
/cast Last Stand
/cast Rallying Cry
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

oops

wow im dumb click english and theres the macro :frowning: sigh

any way to add victory rush or execute… hey i’m lazy…hence this site…

Hello Robert, all the top priority spots are taken so all is left to try is after the long cast sequence and before Berserker Rage.

Try to add a cast line with any of those 2 spells that you want and see if it breaks any cooldowns.

I suggest to save Victory Rush for oopsies so you get some heal, but I know what you mean being lazy.

From past experiences I believe Execute wont fire off if you put it after all those cast sequences (too many) and even at the top sometimes gets skipped if an ability uses all the rage before it gets to it.

Can always alternate spots with other spells but would have to do trial and error.

Good luck

this the macro im currently using to tank at 85 works well to hold agro tried to incorperate victory rush but as luis stated it locks up the macro

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]

/castsequence [combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield Barrier

/castsequence reset=5/target Devastate,Thunder Clap,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Thunder Clap,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate

/cast Charge

/cast [combat] Avatar

/startattack

hi there, new to the site . i have a question regarding the first macro by Luis. i beleave i copied it down right and put it in the same but when i am using it i get a msg saying" target is to close" alot. i think it is messing with the rest of the macro. this has happened with other macros i have been using on other toons and i don’t understand it since they are melee toons i am using.

Charge is in there and that’s why the red message pops up “target is too close”. This will not interfere with the rest of the macro working so if you are having trouble it must be something else.

Adding this will hide those errors.
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()

hi luis, i’m using your 5.1 protection macro, it works fine, however my toon keeps saying what he is doing and it’s spamming w/e chat channel I am in. is there a way to stop this. i’m also using the toolkit to extend the macro.

Hello Skinny, there is probably a “/” missing or something extra making it not being able to read the code right.

ty for responding luis but I seem to have messed it up more.lol. I can’t get it to work at all. I am highlighting it here and coping it , then use ctrl v to paste it in the macro command box on wow. I am a huge newb at this so I can’t see what I am doing wrong.

/castsequence [mod] Cleave;[combat] reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Shield Barrier
/castsequence reset=5/target Devastate,Thunder Clap,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate,Devastate
/cast Charge
/cast [combat] Avatar
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack