Record Macro not saving

HI there, I decided to try and take a page out of Cym’s book and record my own macro. However, it is not saving. I record it, click “create macro” and then it is not showing in the list of macros. I have reloaded and everything and it still won’t show up. Has anyone else had this problem?

I’ve also run into this problem without a fix. I’m afraid to ask for help here because of everyone shouting, “google it!” or “learn to search and stop asking stupid questions…” or things of that nature. So, i just use the macros others create, and i just try to modify them (buusually break them while doing so, lol). So, if you find anything out, let me know. I’m dying to record and use my own macro.

I looked through the issues reported on GSE’s bug list and there is nothing active about this. Either there is a bug or it’s something you are doing wrong. In the former case you might want to think about reporting it with as much detail as you can supply.

3 Likes

The first thing I would try, is a pain, but disabling all other addons. There might be something causing an issue, or there might not be. But best way to tell if it is a GSE issue or not. If that does take care of the problem, another pain, turn one addon on at a time, test GSE to see if it is recording a macro, and continue this process until you find the Addon that is causing an issue.

I personally have never used record feature of GSE, I normally write them in the create a new macro section, and I never had an issue making a macro there.

I just tested my record feature of GSE. I pressed record macro, the the record button, casted a few spells and I saw them go into the window. And then I hit create macro. it worked for me, I did this two times with no issue. There was a small delay on the second macro showing in the list but it showed up after I opened a macro and closed it.

Sorry I could not help.

2 Likes