Forums Forums Druid Balance Request (For Resto Druid)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Grunt

I am playing a Resto druid. When incoming damage is low and I can dps, I’m doing the Sunfire/Moonfire/Starsurge/Wrath thing… I was wondering if maybe some of you Pro Boomchickens could help me write a macro that does that part efficiently? IDK the best rotation cause I’m a bad, but something like:

Shift to Chicken if not already in Boomie mode.
    Berserking (I’m a Troll)
    Sunfire
    Moonfire
    Starsurge on CD
    Wrath Spam
    Reapply sunfire/moonfire in an appropriate amount of time
    Reset on target swap

I have something like this currently, and it stops on the starsurge cause it’s on CD and doesn’t skip it.

Premacro:
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    /cast [noform] Moonkin Form
    /cast Berserking
    Macro
    /castsequence Starsurge, Sunfire
    /castsequence Starsurge, Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath, Moonfire
    /castsequence Starsurge, Solar Wrath, Solar Wrath

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to read over this and ponder on it.

Tiggis
    Senior Sergeant

I can fix this for you.
    Just to be clear you are resto and want a single target 1 button macro that will use all your attacks in an efficient manner?
    The macro will automatically swap you to War-Chicken also,.

Does that sound right?

Eric Rose
    Grunt

I can fix this for you. Just to be clear you are resto and want a single target 1 button macro that will use all your attacks in an efficient manner? The macro will automatically swap you to War-Chicken also,.
    Does that sound right?

Yes sir! 😀 I sent you a PM earlier too. haha.. Yes I am resto.. I only have 5 offensive abilities.

Starsurge
    Solar Wrath
    Moonfire/SunFire
    Lunar Strike

IDK if I’m doing it exactly right.. but I’m just the healer so anything I do dps wise is just to help the group. Tryin to make it a good macro tho. 😀 I made one here that shifts me.. SOMETIMES it casts the moonfire and sunfire. But it always stops after 1 go around… I’ve pretty much just broken it. 🙂

Basically looking for this:
    Shift to Boomie (If not already)
    Apply Moonfire/Sunfire (and reapply SOMEWHERE NEAR the right time.. mine is just spamming it)
    Cast Starsurge
    then spam Solar Wrath otherwise.

I also had mine popping Berserking cause I’m a troll.

Tiggis
    Senior Sergeant

Try this.
    You may need to add a Lunar or Solar based on Haste

—————————————

dWZEcaWsrPEls0RrGMjkvogfZMkESGBQq9lu8nq6zGyNkAVQ2nvTFj)eLQ(ROIFlYaffzOiIbl1WrKoisY9qihg44kWcrPSueLflQQLJQhkkPNQ0YeYZHAIiOPcPjlQY0jDrf0PrkxM46uQnkkQTkkXMruTDrbBtHmlHAAGAyivJuuOXrLgns4CqCseWNPexdLCEeQVkQ0DrsDBkPV5OFA(s2WfL95WgvSJQzwhMd6Wf9ZOJ(ff4iEf)9Bgfhs)sMG1u1OcwR28LqHCGTJ(P57yqGNYIWX0sE8r)0C0pnFzcaSwnBchlCcsZB5ZOVmbawRoxaNtlXRorE1dDS9YNq(YeayTAOUJGc)j8xMaaRyzGT4ds1vZfSOePaUfrzcjR5d0QR2GqhXfoUAdcDex44Qni0rCHJRgbcm9Opz9LjaWA1qDhbf(ZrFzcaSILb2IpivxnxWIsKc4weLjKSMpqRUAdcSHfK4QniWgwqIR2GaBybjUAdcSHfK4QDrImFc9ltaG1QH6ock83SfIjtCeawo61VRkKMzBFqPL8FxzGT4vAaNVzletcxW4J(P5lJc4wev8IvIRMsFIca3k1uMNaYJ6pJ(YeayTAk9jYtCRuxDeSll3pH8LjaWkwgyl(GuD1CblkrkGBr0QR2fjYexncey6rXv7TDCU(LeUmge4PJE9ljjSoge4PJE961VuzRuK4FZf4tkfzIqGdGd8FxsLabi8td9OVJbEBGdb8QWZG4vAj)z761FaUsage Information
    Resto Test 1

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.04.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Moonfire, Moonkin Form, Sunfire

Main Sequence: Moonfire, Starsurge, Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike, Sunfire

Eric Rose
    Grunt

TY so much, I will have to test this asap. I am currently working and haven’t been able to get into the site all day for some reason, thank you in advance.

Is there a reason I’m unaware of to use lunar strike in single target?

Tiggis
    Senior Sergeant

TY so much, I will have to test this asap. I am currently working and haven’t been able to get into the site all day for some reason, thank you in advance.
    Is there a reason I’m unaware of to use lunar strike in single target?

Lunar Empowerment gives the spell about a 55% boost in damage + Mastery bumps it another 25%.
    And When you are casting Solar Wrath and Lunar Strike, you have a 20% chance to generate an Empowerment of the opposite type. So casting it empowers your Solar Wrath.
    That makes it a dps loss to not use it on single target.

The only real difference in Single Target and Multi-Target for Balance is your Spender for Astral Power.

That and for Single I personally put some PVP spells in for PVP circumstances.

Eric Rose
    Grunt

OH I’m not boomkin, so I don’t have that. So there is no purpose for me to unless there are multiple mobs.

Eric Rose
    Grunt

But, <3 it’s working pretty well!!! Way better than my crap attempts. 😀 You are the man, man.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.