Restoration Shaman mouseover 7.0.3

UPDATE 9-19-2016

1. A change in the Healing Stream Totem line. The old one was causing a annoying error. Thanks for feedback!
  2. An improvement in the use of Riptide on mouseover targets
  3. Macros’ names were changed (This is not important!)

Good day everyone.
I’m Maalkomx. I really love to PvP in Ragnaros Realm. I’ve played my Shaman as a healer in pvp since Pandaria. Here is my Resto Shaman mouseover healing macro for this new patch and Legion as well. I used Tim’s macros as base for mine.
This is my first post here, so be kind and try to help me to make these macros better as well.
Thanks to Tim Roeleveld for your macros (They worked for me last patch) and thanks to TimothyLuke (your addon is awesome! Good job!)
Final Note: Cooldowns and Defensive spells are on separate keys to use them when i need them!

Sequences['MCShamanSurge'] = {
author='Eroz@Ragnaros',
specID=264,
lang="enUS",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 3313313',
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast Healing Stream Totem",
"/castsequence [target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Riptide",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Surge",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences['MCShamanWave'] = {
author='Eroz@Ragnaros',
specID=264,
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Wave, Healing Wave, Healing Wave, Healing Wave",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Wave",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences['MCShamanChain'] = {
author='Eroz@Ragnaros',
specID=264,
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Chain Heal, Chain Heal, Chain Heal, Chain Heal",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

Hi, thanks for sharing the macros. It works awesome! But I have a question. How come every time I cast any of these macro, it Riptide myself rather my intended target? Sorry I am new to these GS coding world.

To fix the riptid being casted on yourself instead of your mouseover target, you need to remove the ! before it. I believe this fixed it for me. See below.

local Sequences = GSMasterSequences -- Dont remove this

------------------
----- Shammy Resto
------------------
Sequences['MC_Surge'] = {
author='Maalkomx',
specID=264,
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling]reset=30 Healing Stream Totem",
"/castsequence [nopet,nodead][nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]reset=5 Riptide",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge, Healing Surge",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences['MC_Wave'] = {
author='Maalkomx',
specID=264,
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nopet,nodead][nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]reset=5 Riptide",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Wave, Healing Wave, Healing Wave, Healing Wave",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Healing Wave",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences['MC_Chain'] = {
author='Maalkomx',
specID=264,
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help]Chain Heal, Chain Heal, Chain Heal, Chain Heal",
PostMacro=[[
/startattack
]],
}

These macros work pretty good. By pretty good, I mean, really really good =)

I would say not perfect, only in that when I skill echo of elements, I will cast riptide back-to-back, thus losing the benefit of Tidal Waves, which isn’t ideal.

Been playing with it, to get it to work better =)

Also, the reset= doesn’t seem to do anything, so they can probably be removed.

In the end, pretty good. I get it a score of 90%! good job.

Been playing my shaman a lot, and I figured the strength of the class lies in the proper usage of Tidal Waves (the buff you get after riptides), which then allows you to virtually spam (if talented +1 tidal wave per riptide), healing wave.

There might be a way to program it within GS-E, but I have been using modified versions of the above, for example, I remove the riptides from healing waves and chain heals.

But, I think Maalkomx is correct in setting up three macros. That is probably the best, most controlled way. As soon as I have refined my modified versions, I will post them here.

Essentially, I spam macro one – til I get tidal waves up, then I switch to spamming healing wave, then back to 1…lastly for area spam, go to the chain heal one.

Will keep you posted. =)

Also, does anyone know how to put the cloudburst totem in GS-E?

If you put it into a sequence – the second cast of it, makes it disappear. For the short term, I just had it on it’s own key, but I am too lazy, got tired of doing that, and simply spec’d out of it.

So far I have been unable to come up with a solution.

I tried using reset, but that simply doesn’t work anymore.
If I put it into a castsequence, Cloudburst totem, null
then it will only cast once, and never again.

Any ideas or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks.

what about /castsequence reset=target Cloudburst Totem, null?

resetcondition If you wish to specify a condition to reset the list, you may do so here. Format is "reset=" followed by the reset condition, more than one condition may be set. When using more than one condition, "/" should be used between the functions.
    <number> - The number of seconds since the last click
    target - You changed target
    combat - You entered or exited combat
    alt - Alt was pressed
    shift - Shift was pressed
    ctrl - Ctrl was pressed</blockquote>

THe only reset= condition that doesnt work is the reset=time one as reset=15 in GS-E means if I don’t press the key for 15 seconds then reset.

ah ok thanks for clearing that up.

hello,this macro worked perfetcly untill two updates on GSE ago.When ipress the macro,the followers window from class hall pop-us up.If i close it and press it again,it lanches the windows again.I looked into the string but i cannot see the problem in the code.Any help?

Yeah I am having the exact same issue, annoying as fck =)

I have been unable to resolve it, so far.

Does anyone know if there is a hot key for class hall followers pane?

it occurs ONLY on the MC_Surge macro. The others work fine.

super frustrating, been dealing with this for the past few days…

been pulling out my hair, becomes it will sometimes work ok, but otherwise not. I found the key binding for class hall followers, but changing that has not impact.

I have tried tweaking various lines of the code, but no effect.

Also, I have disabled all my addOns, and then enabled again, the effect is mostly the same. Sometimes it works, for a little while, then the next day it returns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise this sweet GS-E is no longer usable =(

it does that on my on all 3 healing macros…thinking of redoing the lines manually and see if it works

Edit 1,i just changed the name of the macro and the problem dissapeared

it must be related to addOns, when i disable them all, it works properly again,
and i add them back one by one, and it works still =)

then, the next day, it doesn’t work. The addons I use are:
Battleground defender
battleground target
gladius 5.0.5
GTFO
Say-CC
Skada

those are the ones I disable to get it to work.
I do not disable GS-E and I keep weak auras on as well.
Also Deadly Boss Mod remains enabled.

hmm I have not tried that, perhaps I can try that.

Ok, I have altered the others perhaps while they work for me, but not for you. Basically, they are very pared down, so I guess I should have mentioned that as well.

Hello all.
I got the same problem.
Let me do some tests and i will let you know as soon as I fix it!

OK it’s not a solution but it works for now:
I chose resto spec and the problem persists (I really don’t know why, seriously!)
But I log out inmediatly (don’t exit from the game) and entered again and It works perfectly! (I think the problem is due to an addon)
I’ll try to figure out what addon is causing the problem!
I hope it helps for now!

This was the cause of the error!
I will update the the original post with some improvements as well!

Thanks Maalkomx! You rock!

yah,thank you:) i worked on healing surge and healing wave macro but no sucess on the chain heal one:) it still does it,even if you delete the line…bbut its ok:)Its your macro and you know best,but this is not a macro related probme and i guess its a GSE problem conflicting with the wow interface.But this is just a wild guess…hope it gets fixed soon:P
thank you:)

yeah very weird bug.