Restoration Shaman Mouseover slight derivative full credit Maalkomx

I have played with Maalkomx’s work since the new abilities have been made available. I decided to play shaman as a main, and have mostly just played shaman and leveled completely as resto, done all the heroics, barely stepped into mythics (not my thing), and do arenas and (R)BGs.

I agree, 3 buttons are what’s required.

I think a lot of the abilities are viable, and I have played around with them all, and read all about them as well on icy veins. Lately, started using Cloudburst totem, tho not sure it’s really great, since by the time it pops, I have already – in most cases – healed everyone back up =) So, I am not the biggest fan. But, the double riptides aren’t game breaking either. The Echo of elements is nice for leveling, with 2 lava bursts, but otherwise, theoretically, Cloudburst totem is better. Anyway. here goes.

I went back to Maalkomx’s original names =) You might want to verify you don’t have any overlap.

Essentially, i mostly spam MC_Surge as my main button (wheel mouse). I really make use of tidal waves, and use the second button MC_Wave when available. If there are no tidal waves up, I will not use the button, and the third, MC_Chain is AoE chain heal.

Sequences['MC_Surge'] = {
author='Jalisco',
specID=264,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 3111223',
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=5 !Healing Stream Totem, null",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 !Cloudburst Totem, null",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help][]Riptide",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help][]reset=target Riptide, Healing Surge, Healing Surge",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help][]Healing Surge",
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

Sequences['MC_Wave'] = {
author='Jalisco',
specID=264,
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help][]Healing Wave",
PostMacro=[[
]],
}

Sequences['MC_Chain'] = {
author='Jalisco',
specID=264,
PreMacro=[[
]],
"/castsequence [nochanneling,target=mouseover,help][]Chain Heal",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
]],
}

also, I use the WeakAuras strings found on this website:

They are very good, so I know when I should use Healing Wave or not. As mentioned, I never use it without tidal waves available.

How was levelling as resto?? How did you do it?

it was really good.

I recommend it, esp. if you plan to play resto at 110.

I think elemental got buffed (a little) recently, so maybe they are better, but when comparing the two near the launch, elemental was really weak. If I pulled more than a mob or two, I would mostly die. =( With resto, I could pull 4-5 mobs, and rock it no problem. The downside, ofc, there is always a downside, it takes a little longer to kill stuff – but considering that you can almost never die, it’s a nice trade off.

That said, enhancement is pretty good, and you could level that as an alternative option. I mostly play enhancement for world quests, and solo stuff. It works very decently.

But, I leveled as resto, and geared completely as resto, before switching to enhancement.

One more thing…if you level as resto, you need to pick up echo of the elements talent, which gives you a little dps boost.

In summation, resto is pretty good for leveling. There is a default “deeps” macro, i also recommend removing the chain lightning. I think it got buffed lately, so perhaps you can keep it, but the main problem is there is a lot of cross faction tagging of mobs, and you don’t want to “aggro” other opposing players. Unfortunately, we are rather weak until we can pickup some pvp talents.

Another note, while the above macros work very good as well in “raid environments,” the talents are not good for raiding. i did a LFR recently, and really had to swap 2-3 talents around. But, the above is predominantly optimized for 5s, ®BGs, heroic/mythic 5s, and 2s and 3s arena. Basically everything other than raids. =)

Any updates to this for raiding?

Interesting way to heal. So basically you’re just spamming GS macros, while mousing over your whole raid. Casting the Gift of the Queen as necessary.

Do you guys spam those keys manually I suppose, unlike a DPS that sets up AHK to just hit them non-stop?

Hi Havaka,

I did one LFR raid last week, basically had to swap out a lot of talents around, but the way shamans heal doesn’t really change that much, really.

the difference with raiding is you’ll use a lot more healing rain, which I just keep on a separate key, and chain heals.

Also, you’ll want to pickup talents like Deluge - instead of crashing waves, also ascendance isn’t as ideal as the other two talents in the last row.

Admittedly, my 3-button macro isn’t ideal for sleeping through raids =/ Though, there may be some out there that are better suited for raid environments.

I mostly do arena and dungeons.

So i’m trying to use this and it is not casting at my mouseover. It’s only working if I have a target, and even then only if the target is friendly.