Ripshawn's Vengence

So I have leveled 2 DH in Beta the first was before the quests were giving rep and the second was started after the rep was added.

The way this macro works it is still a Spirit Bomb type of macro. It uses Spirit Bomb but the way the macro is set up. It will only case Spirit Bomb Once every 3 rotations this give Spirit Bomb time to get to 3 charges. I have Soul Cleave on my action bar for the extra heal but rarely use it. Meta is still not in the macro for use for when you need to want it.

I have done quite a few instances and i have barely needed the healer to heal me the only time I have needed a lot of heals was on Boss when I was not getting too much soul shards dropping.

On avg, I am doing about 3.5 to 4.5k DPS. with a razer synapse setting of 0.075ms, I find you can go faster but since I have world lag this setting is best for me.

Please let me know what you think and what can be improved on.

Sequences['DHSHAWN'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.00.
  Author="Dhshawn@Thrall",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "1,2,2,2,1,2,1",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=3,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  204157, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/use Spirit Bomb",
      },
        "/use Fracture",
        "/use Immolation Aura",
        "/use Shear",
        "/use [@player] Infernal Strike",
        "/use Immolation Aura",
        "/use Spirit Bomb",
        "/use [@player] Sigil of Flame",
        "/use Immolation Aura",
        "/use Shear",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/use Demon Spikes",
      },
    },
  },
}

So After today new Beta Build I updated my Macro to cast Spirit Bomb every 4 to 5 times with no wait for it. I have a screenshot of my details hitting a Raider Dummy for 10 mins and was able to keep 4.8k to 5.1k dps on the target.

Sequences['DHSHAWN'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.00.
  Author="Dhshawn@Thrall",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "1,2,2,2,1,3,1",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      LoopLimit=5,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence  reset=target  204157, null",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/use Spirit Bomb",
      },
        "/use Fracture",
        "/use Immolation Aura",
        "/use Shear",
        "/use [@player] Infernal Strike",
        "/use Immolation Aura",
        "/use [@player] Sigil of Flame",
        "/use Immolation Aura",
        "/use Shear",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/use Demon Spikes",
      },
    },
  },
}

Please test it as you like and let me know what you think and where it should be improved

Hey man! Thanks for this! When you leveled your DH did you level as Veng or Havoc? In legion I leveled as Veng. I’m curious for the time difference for Havoc.

Where do you get Shear? I don’t see it in my abilities.

@Dark I leveled up as Veng so I can solo rares and other things that would need a group to do. I will be leveling up as Havoc and I can see how long it take to level up that way. Just one thing I did not queue for and dungeons when I was leveling up the exp gain is too small compared to mass quests for a zone.

@Andazant in Beta its not in the spell book but its one of the spells you get for being a Veng DH. Just like how Metamorphosis is at the tail end of the spellbook yet it’s not a passive spell like the ones it follows.

spellbook and talent of Veng

Wow, thanks. Didn’t even notice that.

@Ripshawn

Do you have a havoc macro your running or are you using John Met’s?

@Dark
I’m working on a havoc macro as I’m typing this. I have been asked by many of the lazy macro community to make a Havoc macro. Since my time is limited to only three weeks, I will be working on one for the next few days and put it out for testing so I can see what bugs and errors people are getting. This will give me time to fine tune it before BFA prelaunch and launch.

Your the man! Let me know if you need anything to help!

Extremely excited!

@Dark and @Hegsy
For all those waiting for my havoc macro

Ripshawn’s Beta Havoc Macros

check this out and let me know by PM, discord and in-game how they are working for you

Thank you for all of your work on these macros. I’m a “casual” player in that I don’t have any real life friends that play wow…so I’ve never and don’t do dungeons or raids. I play solo - exploring, doing quests and leveling alts.

With that said, I’ve been playing a Veng DH in live, using your macro and love being able to solo the elites and just being able to run around on my own without needing a group.

Love your macro on live and going to go play with this on Beta.

Thank you again from a solo casual player :slight_smile:

Macro is great on Beta, one of the better macros IMO. Good work.

What does your Demon Spikes up/downtime like with this macro? Seeing how they increased the cooldown, along with having reduced haste it seems like even with optimal use we will not have nearly as much uptime. It will feel more like Paladins in Legion with Shield of the Righteous.

I really really like this one, but shouldn’t it be 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1? Was that a beta thing, because if you use that you won’t have Spirit Bomb.

I love this Macro however Im finding Spirit Bomb rarely goes off. Is there anyway I can modify this for in to fire sooner? Thanks again.

The macro works great! 10/10

Hey sorry for the late reply to your questions but I had just moved from the Philippines to Canada. I was not able to get online until today. So I’ll answer some of the questions people have been posting.

@Tundro yes the talents should be 1,2,2,2,1,2,1 and yes it was in beta and I may have copied the talents wrong when I was making the macro.

@Brad Hashimoto the best way for spirit bomb to go off more is to increase your haste since it is based on your haste now

Now for the good but okay news, I am able to play but the computer I am using at the moment is not great so I will be working on the macros I have made. But on testing of this myself, it has been doing great. so we will see how it works in BFA.

Please keep the errors and other comments coming in so I make this macro one of the best out there.

heya Rips thanks for your reply and I hope you enjoy Canada. Im Australian but spent a year there in BC and loved it. Anyway I see what you mean about the Haste. I have it working perfectly now. Appreciate your hard work for us.

How do I import this to the new gse?