Shadow Priest *BfA* - Any Talent Combination (ADVANCED)

Hey everybody,

Inline with my other macro / weakaura sets, here’s one for BfA that works with ANY TALENT COMBINATION. :+1:

Compared to my previous contributions, this new content focuses on a set of macros that works with my new / more complete Heads Up Display (HUD). Moreover, everything lines up better with my improved playstyle.

Feel free to checkout the short video I uploaded to my YouTube channel and copy/paste the macro and weakaura strings provided below:

VIDEO:

MACROS (all strings constructed via GSE 2.5.8):

WEAKAURAS (all strings constructed via the latest version):

Cheers! :beers:

• Will use the Macros and WeakAuras (cool setup). :+1:
  • Will only use the WeakAuras.
  • Will only use the Macros.
  • Will not use this at all (setup is too complicated). :-1:

0 voters

np

EDIT (21-JAN-2019): I just ran my first three bosses in heroic Uldir yesterday. Obviously I had a lot to learn, but my DPS was competitive still even though my overall rating was not: Sethadon - Shattered Hand - Warcraft Logs

I recently ran my first LFR (lol) - I just can’t find the time to play much these days. Anyway, I posted what I had here: Sethadon - Shattered Hand - Warcraft Logs

All macros are listed above. Simply click the link to the raw text, select all, copy/paste to addon.

Same goes for the WeakAuras. :+1:

FYI - The Informational WeakAura group was updated:

• Primal Rage - was missing, but is there now. ?
  • Power Word: Fortitude - did not consider dead or alive status before, nor did it see if valid friendly targets were in range - now it does.

If you have already unbound your Key Bindings as outlined here, then perhaps you’re running into the Windows/Numpad issue mentioned here - assuming your macros are bound to numbers 1 thru 6 on your numpad.

The latter issue is something I ran into with my previous play style, and one of a few reasons why I decided to change things up - to get all of my Key Modifiers (SHIFT/CTRL/ALT) to work as intended.

Since moving my spells next to my movement keys (as shown in the video) I have not experienced a single Key Mod problem. This is my recommended solution (changing play styles), but probably not something you want to hear as it is very difficult to do. I can sympathize because I know how long this process can take - I fumbled through it for several weeks. Of which, it was all worth it in the end.

I hope you find an AHK solution or something less painful instead, and if you do maybe you wouldn’t mind sharing your solution with the community.

This is something I have considered and may release in the near future.

Until then, good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

Yeah, of all my characters I personally like this set of WeakAuras the best. The key mods take a bit to get used to for sure. Heck, some combinations still feel a bit awkward to me - so I’m always open for suggestions.

UPDATE:

• Macros and WeakAuras will work with a few of the major Heart of Azeroth Essences now.
  • Added my Purify & Dispel macro too!

NOTE: These changes make the video a bit outdated now. :flushed:

1 Like

where is the code macro ?

Somebody else asked this same question, the answer is the same as before:

The macros and weakauras are self explanatory. What do you do with the raw texts?

The RAW text was merely an alternate method of grabbing the Weakaura strings. It should have been a subheading under WEAKAURAS. I have rectified this by changing the layout of the Original Post (OP).

hi what wa/addon is the timer you have in video? under the cast bar?

Could u make a one button macro pls?

1 Like

Something I put together last expansion. You can find it here.

1 Like

I could, but not this expansion - sorry. :frowning:

Honestly though, using the Timed Casts macro with AHK makes it feel like a one-button macro - in someways.

That’s what I do anyway - hold down the one macro key until I need to re-apply dots, etc. and then switch back. It’s really quite smooth once you get the hang of it. :+1:

Hi can you share the profile on Lui? Tnx again

Your presentations and videos have ALWAYS been TOP NOTCH keep up the great work Seth :clap:

1 Like

LUIv3 does not have an easy method for sharing profiles. As such, I have copied the contents of my LUI.lua file here.

Simply follow these steps to enable my LUI configuration:

1. Navigate to your …\World of Warcraft\ retail_\WTF\Account<your account ID>\SavedVariables folder.
  2. Find and rename your LUI.lua file to LUI.lua.old (or something similar).
  3. Paste the contents of my LUI.lua file into your favorite text editor (i.e. Notepad, Notepad++, etc.).
  4. Save this file as LUI.lua in the directory mentioned in Step 1.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the positive feedback.