Shadow 6.0.? Swap Bar Modified Macro

Hi guys, I’d just like to share my Swap Bar Shadow Priest macros for Live and a little bit of information :3

I’ll be showing you a few Macros which I’m currently using due to the fact my old Macros got destroyed in 6.0. These are suitable for PvP and PvE, and if you have any suggestions or edits then feel free to post them below :slight_smile:

I’m currently using talents 2,2,1,2,3,2.

Tier 1 - Spectral Guise, Even if its just for a second or two it takes the enemies focus off of you, allowing you to recall and heal up ready to go in for some more killing action. The other two talents have never appealed to me as a Shadow Priest.

Tier 2 - Angelic Feather, In my opinion this is a winner, It can get you out of sticky situations with a 60% speed buff and best of all it has 3 charges so you can even buff your partners if needed. Body and Soul is also viable due to the fact there’s no placing requirement, but due to the CD and Debuff on Shield you’re limited as to when you can use it.

Tier 3 - Surge of Darkness, For those instant mind destroying MS Procs, My talent of choice because it Procs so often and you can have 3 charges saved up. However for 2v2 situations Insanity may be better because you don’t have to wait for it to Proc and if you’re using Glyph-Mind Harvest then you have a instant Insanity waiting. Personally I prefer Surge of Darkness but its up to your play style.

Tier 4 - Psychic Scream, Due to Blizzard removing this as a spell and making it into a talent, other than Psychic Horror which has a 45 second CD we’d be kind of stuck for CC. This ones pretty obvious, you want as much CC as you can get, the other talents are not really viable at the current time.

Tier 5 - Shadowy Insight, Although it only has a 5% chance to Proc and give you an instant Mind Blast you’d be surprised how often it actually Procs, It can Proc from Shadow Word:Pain and also Mind Spike, so this is ideal if you’re playing with Surge of Darkness, It gives easy instant Mind Blasts. However if you’re playing Insanity then Twist of Fate is probably the better choice due to Insanity being absolutely devastating with a 15% damage buff and CD’s.

Tier 6 - Cascade, If you plan on doing Arenas then Cascade is the talent to take, High damage and a Moderate Cool Down and Healing, For soloing Arenas you’ll want to take Divine Star for easy fast healing and for PvE you’ll want Halo for the AoE Damage.

Tier 7 - Void Entropy, Even though WoD is still on the horizon this sounds like the most promising talent to me. Another DoT that gets refreshed with every Devouring Plague, and at level 100 this will presumably have A fair amount of damage behind it due to fact its a minute long DoT. When it comes to it i’ll also have to try Auspicious Spirits because this may go well with Devouring Plague, but we’ll see :stuck_out_tongue:

As far as Glyphs go, I use:

Mind Harvest - This Glyph is absolutely amazing and a must for instant DPS and Burst, although it increases your CD on Mind Blast, it means as soon as you cast it for the first time on your target you have a Devouring Plague ready to go. For the best burst I recommend using your DPS trinket/Gloves (if you’re using gloves wait for your Proc trinket and Jade Spirit) and pop Shadow Fiend then your Devouring Plague It’s pretty much a definite kill.

Vampiric Embrace - Again another absolute must Glyph for getting you out of sticky situations, Along with the tactics above, Vampiric Embrace can take you from almost dead to full health in a matter of seconds. Bare in mind you should always pop Vampiric Embrace then Devouring Plague if you fear you’re going to die.

Reflective Shield/Mass Dispel - It’s your choice on these two, they’re purely situational. if you want some damage reflect then you go for Reflective Shield. But if you’re going to be coming up against Paladins and Mages, Due to their ultimate defense, it’s quite nice to have something to dispel them with so you can get back to the killing. In my personal opinion Mass Dispel wins me over most of the time.

This macro is for Multi-Dotting either your current target or Mouseover. Only use this if you want to DoT more than one target otherwise the DPS1 Macro will do it for you.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [@mouseover,harm,nodead][] reset=target Vampiric Touch, Shadow word: Pain

The next macro is for instant MS (Mind Spike) Procs without the risk of casting a MS that isn’t instant and killing your DoTs.

/cast Mind Spike
/stopcasting

The next bit of this macro is the first part of your main DPS Rotation, It will cast Shadow Form if you don’t already have it on, It will DoT your current target and Cast Fear Ward just in case you need it. Personally I call this macro “DPS1”

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Shadow Word: Pain,Vampiric Touch,Mind Flay,Mind Flay,Mind Flay
/cast !Fear Ward
/swapactionbar 1 2

The next macro is “DPS2” this will cast 3 Mind Blasts before unleashing a Devouring Plague and Bubbling yourself so you can absorb all of the heals from DP. The best thing about this Macro is that if you’re playing with Shadowy Insight then it will also cast your instant MB procs.

/cast [noform] !Shadowform
/castsequence reset=target Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Mind Blast,Devouring Plague,Power Word: Shield
/swapactionbar  2 3

The Final Macro “DPS3” is for your T6 talent. It has a built in script to see what T6 talent you have selected and uses it. Rather than having to mess about changing your macro every time you change talent, It will also select the closest enemy to you and start casting on them.

/cast [noform] Shadowform
/castsequence reset=0.3 Cascade
/castsequence reset=0.3 Halo
/castsequence reset=0.3 Divine Star
/run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell(“T6″, G”Cascade”or G”Divine Star”or”Halo”)
/swapactionbar 3 1
/targetenemy [noharm]

Thanks for reading guys, and I hope this helps out a bit :smiley:

-Sanctimis-Kazzak EU

Do not know how to operate it from Swapactionbar please explain me Might you?

PROS:

• works well
  • no lock ups

CONS:

• not a true Single Target macro (TIER6 talents are AoE)
  • several unnecessary commands (duplicate spell casts / SetMacroSpell function)
  • no cast command for Shadow Word: Death (SWD) !!!
  • does not produce maximum DPS output

For a potential increase in DPS output check out this 4-stage swapactionbar macro: https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/shadow-priest-6-0-2-working/

The reason for the duplicate Mind Blasts is to make sure you have enough orbs for DP, this set up isn’t optimal for use with insanity I accept that. And also all T6 Talents are AoE. The reason for the setmacrospell function is so you can swap T6 talents without having to re-write your macro each time.

Oh sorry mate, I must have interpreted a few things wrong then. My Bad. :frowning:

All I meant to say, is with 3 MB and no SWD, there is room to improve this macro. Also, including AOE spells in a Single Target macro can theoretically cause a ‘wipe’ in RAIDS (PvE). And finally, the SetMacroSpell function simply changes the icon of the macro from Question Mark to whatever talent you have selected in Tier6; which, to me, is no real biggie. But can be included if you require the proper icon.

Cheers. :wink: