Shadow Priest - 7.1 - GS:E

** These no longer work with WoW Patch 7.1.5. ** :frowning:

When Gnome Sequencer (GS) first came out, it was quite clunky. As such, I thought: “How much better could Gnome Sequencer Enhanced (GSE) actually be? - It’s probably just another version of the same headache.” So, I avoided it like the plague.

Today, I decided to give it another go; and I must say: “I am really quite impressed!” - My adulation goes out to the developer(s). ???

With that, here is my first GSE macros:

SINGLE TARGET:

Sequences['SPriest_ST'] = {
author="Sethadon@Shattered Hand",
specID=258,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Any Talent Combination",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [form:0] Shadowform
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence [mod:ctrl,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch
/castsequence [talent:6/1,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=120 Void Torrent, Power Infusion, Void Torrent
/cast [talent:6/2,mod:alt] Void Torrent
/castsequence [talent:6/3,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60 Void Torrent, Mindbender
]],
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:1/3,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:1/3,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Flay; [talent:1/3,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:3/1,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:3/1,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb, Mind Flay; [talent:3/1,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb",
"/cast [talent:6/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent,@cursor] Shadow Crash",
"/cast [talent:6/1,combat,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:6/2,combat,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Mind Flay
]],
}

MULTIPLE TARGETS:

Sequences['SPriest_AoE'] = {
author="Sethadon@Shattered Hand",
specID=258,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Any Talent Combination",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/cast [form:0] Shadowform
/targetenemy [noharm] [dead]
/castsequence [mod:ctrl,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=target/5 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch
/castsequence [talent:6/1,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=120 Void Torrent, Power Infusion, Void Torrent
/cast [talent:6/2,mod:alt] Void Torrent
/castsequence [talent:6/3,mod:alt,nochanneling:Void Torrent] reset=60 Void Torrent, Mindbender
]],
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Sear; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Sear; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Sear; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption, Mind Sear; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Void Eruption",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Sear; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Death, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast, Mind Sear; [talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:1/3,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:1/3,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast, Mind Sear; [talent:1/3,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadow Word: Void, Mind Blast, Mind Blast",
"/castsequence [talent:3/1,talent:7/1,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:3/1,talent:7/3,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb, Mind Sear; [talent:3/1,talent:7/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Mind Bomb",
"/cast [talent:6/2,nochanneling:Void Torrent,@cursor] Shadow Crash",
"/cast [talent:6/1,combat,nochanneling:Void Torrent] [talent:6/2,combat,nochanneling:Void Torrent] Shadowfiend",
PostMacro=[[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] Mind Sear
]],
}

NOTE(S):

• These macros are quite versatile and should work with any talent combination.
  • Pressing the CTRL key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch.
  • Pressing the ALT key while spamming the macro will allow you to cast Void Torrent, Power Infusion and Mindbender (if you have chosen one of these talents).
  • Surrender to Madness (S2M) will have to be cast manually, as it makes no sense adding it to our rotation - given the length of its cooldown.
  • Dispersion will also need to be cast manually.

WEAKAURAS2:

What kinda dps do you pull and what ilvl ?

Common Info:

• iLevel: 859
  • Artifact Weapon: Rank 29 (3 of 3)

Test Run #1:

• Talents: 2223211 (Legacy of the Void)
  • Target(s): 1 - Bound Void Walker (Class Order Hall)
  • Voidform: between 20 and 28 stacks
  • DPS: 240K

Test Run #2:

• Talents: 2223212 (Mind Spike)
  • Target(s): 1 - Bound Void Walker (Class Order Hall)
  • Voidform: between 24 and 32 stacks
  • DPS: 270K

Test Run #3:

• Talents: 2223213 (Surrender to Madness)
  • Target(s): 3 - Bound Void Walker + Bound Void Wraith x2 (Class Order Hall)
  • Voidform: 100 stacks!
  • DPS (Peak): 1.2M
  • DPS (Average): 730K

This is…amazing! Thanks for your time to do this! Time to finish leveling the Priest.

What is meant by “Voidform: between 24 and 32 stacks” … stacks of what?
Sorry, new to shadow

You get a stacking haste buff called Voidform. Essentially, the more stacks of this buff you get … the more DPS you do.

Thanks for these macros and info! Working great (after removing the default CTRL+# keybindings) on the Voidwalker dummies and I love the versatility of being able to change talents for different situations.

My only concern is while testing the Mind Spike version, I don’t seem to ever cast Mind Flay, just spamming Mind Spike. I’m getting good DMG/DPS, but since I’m not getting MF to go, seems Void Ray is useless there.

I’m undergeared at 811 with 24-crit 13-haste 36-mastery, so that may have something to do with it. Also, I’m using a logitech g510 w/ macro spamming key. Could be spamming too hard.

Thanks for any input and always enjoy testing your macro work. d(’.’ d )

I had the same concern at first also … until I re-read the Void Ray talent info. after choosing Mind Spike:

It turns out Mind Spike replaces Mind Flay … see spell details here.

NOTE:

• Fortress of the Mind reads differently too:

Thank you for the Talent information. I was unaware of these, and have found the benefits to macros with Mind Blast/Mind Spike to be a significant DPS increase with a change of two talents.

I really appreciate you sharing this.

Wow…maybe too much turkey. I over looked both of those. Thanks for bringing them to my attention!

Hi there, I would really love to know how to properly use the alt/ctrl set. I am a monk and use the script found here: WW 100% Hit Combo - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros and I want to try to be able to better cast mark of death while the macro is constantly running. Do I need to put the [mod:ctrl, nochanneling:Mark of Death] in front of each line item? Thanks.

Are you referring to the instant cast spell called Touch of Death (ToD)? - I don’t see a “Mark of Death” spell for WW Monks.

Being that ToD is an instant cast spell with a 2 minute cooldown, it would probably suffice to put a single entry in your pre-macro section as follows:

/cast [mod:ctrl] Touch of Death

… then whenever you need to cast it, simply press the CTRL key while continuing to spam your macro.

As for the second part of your question, you would only add the nochanneling option (and possibly the name of the spell being channeled: i.e. [nochanneling:Channeled Spell Name]) if you want the channeled spell to finish casting before you cast ToD. Essentially, this would set the priority of your channeled spell above that of ToD. So be mindful of that when using this option.

I hope this helps. Cheers! :slight_smile:

Hi

It works great for me except when I hold ctrl or alt nothing happens so I cant apply dots . Any advise ?

Thanks

[quote quote=37300]Hi
It works great for me except when I hold ctrl or alt nothing happens so I cant apply dots . Any advise ?
Thanks
[/quote]

Hey Dalgy, I had this issue too. You’Ll have to go into System settings > keybinds and remove keybinds that are “ctrl+#” # being your action button numbers.

[quote quote=37301]

Hi It works great for me except when I hold ctrl or alt nothing happens so I cant apply dots . Any advise ? Thanks

Hey Dalgy, I had this issue too. You’Ll have to go into System settings > keybinds and remove keybinds that are “ctrl+#” # being your action button numbers. [/quote]

Thank you I have removed every keybinding that had ctrl or alt in it but it hasn’t fixed the problem it still wont cast any dots or PI for me

Windows PC or Mac Computer?

[quote quote=37303]

I have removed every keybinding that had ctrl or alt in it but it hasn’t fixed the problem it still wont cast any dots or PI for me

Windows PC or Mac Computer? [/quote]

Its windows 10

Razer Naga Mouse?

Its a gigabyte m6900, I have tried spamming the macro key and also using Auto Hotkey none of which help

I’m new to this so could be a simple error