Shadow Priest > LotV > 7.0.3 > *NO ADDONS REQUIRED*

*** 7.1 UPDATES HERE ***

Here’s my latest attempt at Shadow Priest.

VIDEO:

TALENTS:

1. Twist of Fate OR Fortress of the Mind
  2. ** YOUR CHOICE! **
  3. Psychic Voice OR Dominant Mind
  4. ** YOUR CHOICE! **
  5. ** YOUR CHOICE! **
  6. Power Infusion
  7. Legacy of the Void

MACROS:

DPS:
  • Action Bar 1 / Buttons 1 & 2:
    #show Mind Blast
    /cast Mind Blast
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nomod,combat] 1 2; [mod:ctrl] 1 4; [mod:alt] 1 5

• Action Bar 2 / Buttons 1 & 2:
    #show Shadow Word: Death
    /cast [combat] Shadow Word: Death
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nocombat] 2 1; [nomod,combat] 2 3; [mod:ctrl] 2 4; [mod:alt] 2 5

• Action Bar 3 / Button 1:
    #show Mind Flay
    /cast [combat,nochanneling] Mind Flay
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nomod] 3 1; [mod:ctrl] 3 4; [mod:alt] 3 5

• Action Bar 3 / Button 2:
    #show Mind Sear
    /cast [combat,nochanneling] Mind Sear
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nomod] 3 1; [mod:ctrl] 3 4; [mod:alt] 3 5

• Action Bar 4 / Buttons 1 & 2:
    #show Shadow Word: Pain
    /castsequence reset=target/5 Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nomod] 4 1; [mod:alt] 4 5

• Action Bar 5 / Buttons 1 & 2:
    #show Void Bolt
    /castsequence [combat] Void Eruption
    /cast [combat] Power Infusion
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nomod] 5 1; [mod:ctrl] 5 4; [mod:alt] 5 6

• Action Bar 6 / Buttons 1 & 2:
    #show Shadowfiend
    /castsequence [combat] Shadowfiend
    /cast [combat] Power Infusion
    /startattack
    /swapactionbar [nomod] 6 1; [mod:ctrl] 6 4; [mod:alt] 6 5

SELF HEAL:
  • Any bar/button combo:
    #show Shadow Mend
    /castsequence Shadow Mend
    /cast Vampiric Embrace
    /cast Power Word: Shield

Click here for Quick Setup guide.

WEAKAURAS2 (Version: 2.2.1.9)

Thank you for this, I set it up a few days ago and works perfectly, as long as you know how to bar swap. Took me some time to understand bar-swapping but once mastered its cake. I am consistently getting 60-80k dps solo with 780ilvl and upwards of 110k in 5-man dungeons

Glad to hear this. Thank you for your kind words. :slight_smile:

I really would love to try this, since all GS-Sequences are rather lacking for SPriests. But somehow your macros aren’t working as intended. When I use the first macro it should cast Mind Blast, and if i hold control it should switch to bar 2, correct? But when I use it with holding control it doesn’t change bars at all.

EDIT: Nevermind that, your macros are worrking fine, it’s ElvUI that messed up the pagenumbers -.-

Just to be clear: pressing the CTRL key modifier advances you to the macro that starts with: “#show Shadow Word: Pain” allowing you to cast SWP and Vampiric Touch; pressing the ALT key modifier advances you to the macro that starts with “#show Void Bolt” allowing you to cast Void Eruption / Void Bolt, Power Infusion & Shadowfiend.

Glad to hear you got it straightened out.

Cheers! :slight_smile:

I’m using a Corsair Scimitar for this macro automation and I’ve tried it at 50ms, 75ms, and 100ms speeds for button presses and nothing ever activates the action bar 3 macro you have setup. I’m holding Alt, since that’s the mod button for the macro command, but it still does nothing except for pass over all of AB#3 macro and spam Mind Flay.

Nevermind, it was a hotkey activating and preventing the macro to continue.

Glad to hear that you resolved the problem you were having. ???

Just to clarify: Was it a Windows Hot key issue, or a WoW Key Binding issue?

Please elaborate. Thanks. :slight_smile:

UPDATE:
  • Item Level: 842
  • Artifact Weapon: Rank 20
  • Target: Bound Void Walker (Class Order Hall)
  • DPS (burst): 213K
  • DPS (sustained): 185K

I’m not sure how this compares to other macros, but it seems quite competitive. :slight_smile:

I don’t know why ElvUI changes the actionbar numbers, but I figured for anybody with the same issue here what worked for me:
/swapactionbar 1 2 does not work
/swapactionbar 1 3 swaps to Bar 5
/swapactionbar 1 4 swaps to Bar 4
/swapactionbar 1 5 swaps to Bar 2
/swapactionbar 1 6 swaps to Bar 3

I personally think that this is a unnecessary change on part of ElvUI.

it doesn’t apply SW:Pain and VT at start also why doesn’t it swap to bar 4?

[quote quote=34707]it doesn’t apply SW:Pain and VT at start also why doesn’t it swap to bar 4?
[/quote]

I had the same issue. Go into [ Key Bindings > Action Bar ] and then go down to Pet Action Buttons…

For me, CTRL+1 and CTRL+2 were mapped to pet actions. Once disabled those specific bindings, the CTRL modifier in his macro worked just fine!

Good Luck!

Thanks man! helped a lot with my problem.

Yes, in-game Key Bindings can interfere with certain key modifiers; but lucky for us, Blizzard has given us the ability to change / remove these if we want.

Thanks Marc, for the quick solution (above). :slight_smile:???

Could this be edited to use the shift key rather than the control key to apply my DoTs? I’m new to using this swapbar macro. Hitting/holding shift while pressing another key at the same time has just always been easier for me than control.

Absolutely! However, be aware that your computer’s Operating System may override certain Shift + Key combinations.

For example: I spam the Single Target portion of this macro using the 1 Key on my Numpad, Windows 10 does NOT allow me to use the Shift + Numpad1 combination, which is why I use the CTRL key instead.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[quote quote=35439]

Could this be edited to use the shift key rather than the control key to apply my DoTs?

Absolutely! However, be aware that your computer’s Operating System may override certain Shift + Key combinations. For example: I spam the Single Target portion of this macro using the 1 Key on my Numpad, Windows 10 does NOT allow me to use the Shift + Numpad1 combination, which is why I use the CTRL key instead. Good luck! ???? [/quote]

My apologies, I should have ask “how to” change it to shift? I’m not sure of the correct macro. I tried changing ‘ctrl’ to ‘shft’ and then I tried ‘shift’, but neither of them work. In fact, I’m having trouble getting this to apply SW:P and VT all together. I checked my key bindings as stated above to make sure those crtl keys were off, but that didn’t help. I still can not get my DoTs applied even with leaving the macro code alone as ‘ctrl’.

To substitute the Control Key Modifier with the Shift Key Modifier, simply find and replace all “ctrl” with “shift”.

This still seems like a Key Binding issue to me: try removing ALL ActionBar Key Bindings that use the control key and see if that works.

Additionally, you might want to follow the instructions in the Quick Setup Guide (as mentioned on the original post); this would rule out any addons causing interference.

If none of this works, then it is possible that your Operating System (OS) is interfering somehow, or if you use a gaming mouse of some kind, it could be running interference as well. At this point, I would suggest opening a ticket with Blizzard, they are pretty good at getting to the bottom of these particular issues.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I used the Quick Setup Guide to start all of this. I’m testing everything on a vanilla game with no mods activated.

None of the above is working for me. Even when switching ctrl to shift, the DoTs still don’t apply.

For now, I went ahead with the Three Button Macro for GS that someone posted. I’ll be using that until I can figure out why the DoTs with Swap Bar does not work for me.

Thank you for trying to help.

If you ever find out what is preventing your Key Modifiers from working properly, please let us know. I would be very interested about the solution. Thanks. :slight_smile:

tried this fix but it is still not swapping