SP ST PVE/PVP No Dot for Fun n' Profit (GS)

Hello all, as the subject line reads, I am posting my spriest’s ST and PVP macro below. If your gear is decent enough, you should even do well with this macro in LFR.

Some of the features about the macro:

1.) It doesn’t jam.

2.) Combined with talents and glyphing, the macro makes you highly mobile in BGs/arenas/raids; no more standing in a boss’s AoE (or a warrior’s bladestorm, for that matter) and hoping for orbs to get Insanity to pop as you DPS…while getting yourself tunneled.

3.) Forget dotting and forget Vampiric Touch; in fast-paced PVP, those only offer diminishing returns. For that reason, you will not find them in the macro. I confess to nearly always breaking the sole instance of Mind Flay (simply by moving while it is being channeled) in this macro to force it to cast another spell other than Flay. The reason is simple: Flay is only in the macro as a filler.

4.) Subsequently, forget your worries about your spells being silenced; all the spells (with the exception of Flay) are insta-cast. Because of that, enchanting for haste becomes less desirable than for something that really matters, like say… more damage (I personally maxed on mastery).

5.) Because of spriest’s abilities that will not show/proc/function on training dummies, your DPS on them will be low. However, take heart; this macro shines in PVP as well as in raids; you’ll be pulling so much damage that you will find yourself having to Fade. A lot.

6.) You will need to have SWD and Mind Spike on separate keys and fire them when they proc. Its also a good idea to have Mind Flay on a separate keybind as well even though it is in the macro…just in case you need it in BGs.

7.) I did mention that this macro doesn’t jam, yeah?

Glyphs: Mind Blast, Psychic Horror, Reflective Shield (which I sometimes swap for Weakend Soul)

Talents: 2-1-1-2-1-1-1

Sequences['ShadowSTpwnage'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/stopmacro [channeling:Mind Flay]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
]],	
	'/cast Power Word: Shield',
	"/cast Shadowfiend",
	'/cast Devouring Plague',
	"/cast Cascade",
	'/cast Mind Blast',
	"/cast Cascade",
	'/cast Mind Blast',
	'/cast Shadow Word: Pain',
	'/cast Mind Flay',
	PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Fear Ward
/use 13
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I do not make promises very often, but I can say that in this instance that if you have good gear (and play smart), you will be either at or near of the top of Total Damage, DPS, and Kill-Death ratio lists. But as always, let me know how the macro works out for you.

Go forth and conquer!

–John Q.

Hi

Could you make an aoe macro for trash killing? :slight_smile:
I try you macro hope it Works :slight_smile:

Jimmy

For me this does not work. Mind Flay never casts.

[quote quote=26111]For me this does not work. Mind Flay never casts.
[/quote]

As stated at the beginning of the post; this macro is meant to make a spriest more mobile, so Mind Flay is not really important. If you want more Flay, put it on another keybind.

What about AOE macro?

Thanks a buuunch for this John Q sir!! - I have just started playing Shadowpriest PvP, and this macro is perfect for the Constantly moving around and spamming players to death :smiley:

Cheers man!!

You are most welcome; I am glad that you like the macro. Truth be told, I don’t even use this macro anymore; it is now obsolete for my uses.

would you be kind enough to post what you do use now

[quote quote=26431]would you be kind enough to post what you do use now
[/quote]

While using this macro, stand still for bigger DPS but, an spriest is still highly mobile and effective running and gunning with it. This most recent version hits harder that the previous one.

Glyphs and talents are unchanged.

You WILL pwn with this macro in PVP. >:)

–John Q.

Sequences['ShadowSTpwnage'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/cast [noform] !Shadowform
]],	
	'/cast [target=player]Power Word: Shield',
	'/use  13',
	'/cast Mind Blast',
	'/cast !Cascade',
	'/cast Mind Spike',
	'/cast Shadow Word: Death',
	'/cast Shadowfiend',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast Fear Ward
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

This works beautifully on my Shadow Priest! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome macro. I was wondering if you’re compiling / will compile a Multi-target / AoE macro as well any time soon?

i added swp at the end after shadowfiend, should i have that on another kb? just wondering? im super noob at shadow priest, lol.

Keep SWP out of the macro; it is a DPS loss when you are using CoP (like in this macro).

You also no longer need SWD, MS, and DP on separate keys; this macro includes those already.

Awesome John Q. thanks for the update, I’m gonna give it a try cheers

Thank you very mutch for the work you put into this macro!!
I just made a prist (lvl 11 atm) about the text you wrote…cant wait to test it ^^

Could you/anyone recommend me with which stats i have to go please? At icy´s i see 5 different state prioritys.

A) 1.1. General Priority
B) 1.2.1. Single Target: Traditional or DoT Weaving with No Movement
C) 1.2.2. Clarity of Power Lite, Multiple Target, or Movement
D) 1.3. Void Entropy
E) 1.4. Auspicious Spirits

Just use the talents and glyphs that I listed at the outset of this column; at least SoD, ToF, Cascade, and CoP. You’ll get extra DPS if you use the Reflective Shield glyph and free roots if you use Glyph of Mind Blast.

I PVP’d a lot and I maxed on Mastery. My build was as follows just after 6.2.3. Note the Mastery count:

Even with this macro, 2’s are difficult, as spriests are so squishy these last couple of xpacs; however you have a better chance of survival in 3’s and higher with it…particularly in BG’s; you will melt faces in any kind of team combat and PVE content.

Lastly, I will not be writing anymore macros nor updating others from now on (sorry, no AoE macros), as I have uninstalled the game. Best to you all and I hope you have fun with the macro. >:)

–John Q.

Woo thats a ton of mastery! Thank you for your answer and tipps! I gona use your macro for Ashran and PVE i think. 78 looong level to go ^^

I hope we see u some day again…latest when Legion appears :slight_smile:

Hmm ?

I boosted my Priest yesterday and got the standart 640 Gear… I went into ashran and was searching my self on skada. I started searching from down and found my self at place 2 :)) So its a awesome macro - thank you a ton !!!

Does nada for me !

[quote quote=26840]Does nada for me !

[/quote]

Don’t know what you are doing wrong then.