spam speed vs cast speed (still figuring this out so be gentle)

So I have the following

/cast Aimed Shot

/cast Aimed Shot

/cast Arcane Shot

/cast Arcane Shot
`/cast Marked Shot

Key is on repeat with 100ms.

So the acual timeline:

1. Keypress: AS 1 fires with its cast time of 1.67
  2. Logitech waits 100ms
  3. Keypress: AS 1 is still casting with .67 sec left so do nothing
  4. Logitech waits 100ms
  5. Keypress: Arcane Shot
  6. Logitech waits 100ms
  7. Keypress: Arcane Shot
  8. Logitech waits 100ms
  9. Keypress: Marked Shot if available

So the second aimed shot does not happen, How can I increase the wait time there, do I need to script my logitech to alternate between macros and control the pause time there? is there an inline way to tell it to stall the macro and not advance as long as aimed shot is currently casting?

I feel like this should be something I could have found a clear answer on, but after some searching I was still not sure. So if the answer is obvious and out there and I just missed it be gently like a sated Tauren.

AS is a focus-costly spell to use; it just might be that you do not have enough focus to fire it off after your first shot.

Your timeline is a little bit… wrong.

Keypress: AS 1 fires with its cast time of 1.67
Logitech waits 100ms
Keypress: AS 1 is still casting with .67 sec left so do nothing

It would actually be keypress, delay 100ms, still waiting 1.57s

1000ms is 1s

You would be actually waiting for 17.5 keypresses before the next action.

Although the GCD is around 1.5 seconds there is an internal timer of roughly 100ms before the next action can be fired off after the cast timer is complete, unless that cast is OFF the GCD then it can usually be used during or right after.

Currently there is no way to tell a macro to specifically wait for an ability to be used/cast before moving on to the next.

GS can read that action but it’s unable to fire that action off as the Blizz API prevents it from happening. It’s their anti bot code.

[quote quote=54951]It would actually be keypress, delay 100ms, still waiting 1.57s

1000ms is 1s[/quote]

Daaaaaaaang, what a noob mistake. You would think after lecturing a coworker on job timing that I would have not done this. And it is not a typo, I checked and really have 100 in the wait between repressing in my logitech too.

I am going to change that and retest and then reevaluate for next steps

The problem with the shorter macros is they don’t work well with long delays
If you check some of my older macros they were long because they worked with 1500ms or avg.GCD.

You could try longer but this is what will happen

Keypress Start casting AS.
Delay 1000ms
Still casting AS with 0.500ms to go
Keypress but still casting so wait 1000ms.
Action over but still waiting another 500ms before another action
Spell queue is only 400ms (if you have not touched this) and spell is not ready so will not queue and drop the next action.

you stand there scratching your behind for upwards of 1/2 second - 600ms.
It’s noticeable and then becomes frustrating.

The macro is actually much longer, this is just a part in the middle that seems to be problematic, but your point is well taken.

I think I am going to try to create a waterfall gantt chart of the macro to help better visualize and tweak the timings.