Storage [string "Storage"]:1: unexpected symbol near '' Error Message

Hi all,

Thanks to @Ripslayer on the chat for pointing out the Edge issue and lead me to look into the issue.

If you happen to have the above issue when you are trying to import a macro chances are you may be using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.

What it’s doing is adding in garbage on double spaces and causing issues when you import. The only way to fix it is remove the extra spaces at the front of each line.

This is an example.

]],
    "/cast [combat] [talent:7/1] Obliteration",
    "/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Obliterate",
 -->]],
  -->"/cast [combat] [talent:7/1] Obliteration",
  -->"/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Obliterate",

Will need to be deleted on each line until all leading spaces have been removed.

]],
 "/castsequence reset=combat Howling Blast, Frost Strike, Obliterate, Frost Strike, Obliterate",

For those pasting that see double spacing then you’re probably using Internet Explorer which for some reason is interpreting the leading spaces into double spacing.

]],

Is turning into

]],

Again it’s best if you copy from the site, paste it into a program like Notepad++ or Atom or at the worst Notepad itself and remove all leading spaces and maybe to be safe any spaces at the end of each line.

Hey Cymiryc,

I get this error while using Chrome
Storage [string “Storage”]:4: unexpected symbol near ‘?’
its not quite the same error but im guessing in the same ballpark
i tried your suggestion of pasting an import into notepad++ first but it had no extra spaces
im stumped on figuring out how to import lol

U sir are a life saver I put the macro’s into Notepad++ and took the spaces out and it fixed my error of importing. I was using IE now I’m using Firefox and firefox doesn’t do this to the macro’s when copy and pasting

BTW the number is the line number. If its 1 then it cant figure out the entire paste.

If its 4 then you may have an error on line 3 or 4.