Contribute

Super Chicken to the Rescue!!

Home/Classes/Druids/Balance/PvE/Super Chicken to the Rescue!!

Forums Forums Classes Druids Balance PvE Super Chicken to the Rescue!!

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    First Sergeant
    Shampoopoo <Anam Cara> of Ysera -US Level 110 Orc Shaman

Recent Activity

Thanks for the macro Taco, just had some questions to bounce off of you…
    I’m currently ilvl 874 and am working towards stacking haste (been focusing towards raids..). What range of DPS would you expect for that ilvl? My current DPS end up at around 275k’ish (with a defiled augment rune buff for the whole encounter) and an initial burst of 450k’ish.
    I’m linking my character profile below, and yes one of the legendaries I have equipped is a hold over from my feral days, but it seems to me the DPS should be higher, given the gear and ilvl.
    I’ve pretty much tried all the macros posted on here and have been having similar or worse results.
    Any inputs would be highly appreciated.. Also thank you everyone that contributes on this forum, has really helped out a lot…
    http://www.wowhead.com/list=35008561/eu-laughing-skull-doubledp

i have tried all the macros too, and i set this up because of them. I can say honestly im doing more dmg then you but not sure why. My haste isnt as good as yours but i was focusing on mastery and not doing much more. as i rotate in and out of healz, since im running that macro forum also. Your dps should be higher and i would like to ask what your weapons level is, when i got to moonfire and sunfire inc damage i saw a dramatic increase. on solo or single boss targets i dont think i do enough dps. I have spent hours scouring the top teams and the Balance set ups, so i know that im on the right rotation, or at least very close. I know that all of a sudden you have crazy dps and then crap. That is the challenge of Balance i guess. My aoe is through the roof so im good with that rotation. Make sure your keeping your dots up. Ive been working on steady weak auras for a week now to flash the screen or something to maximize the dots, but im slow to keep working on that. Another question? Are you manually casting wich is roughly 80ms or auto casting and at what ms. i think the dream catcher legendary is the main dps differance from the high end moonkins and what we are doing. I dont have it either but have ran with people that had it and almost 100% the same everything else and they just leave me behind. So im thinking we are more gear dependant than others. Sick with it and keep giving me feedback. If i can make this better i want to find that option.

Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic...

Scarab25
    Grunt

Really appreciate the reply Taco. So yeah I’ve been tinkering with the casting speed (doing it manually but been testing just mashing faster) it is yielding better results, have added 50-70k DPS in the past couple of days (part of that is getting slightly better gear, when I posted earlier was ilvl 874, now am ilvl 878, and am now benefitting from the 2-set benefit for the astral kit). One of the things that seems to jump out at me through the research is the fact that the type of legendary that is equipped has a much wider impact on DPS for the balance spec in comparison to other specs, I could be entirely wrong but that’s what it seems to be shaping up as. I’m continually tweaking and trying stuff and will keep you updated, thanks again for the response.

Tacolibre
    First Sergeant

Recent Activity

Really appreciate the reply Taco. So yeah I’ve been tinkering with the casting speed (doing it manually but been testing just mashing faster) it is yielding better results, have added 50-70k DPS in the past couple of days (part of that is getting slightly better gear, when I posted earlier was ilvl 874, now am ilvl 878, and am now benefitting from the 2-set benefit for the astral kit). One of the things that seem to jump out at me through the research is the fact that the type of legendary that is equipped has a much wider impact on DPS for the balance spec in comparison to other specs, I could be entirely wrong but that’s what it seems to be shaping up as. I’m continually tweaking and trying stuff and will keep you updated, thanks again for the response.

i believe you are absolutely correct. we are 90% gear dependant, 9% cast speed and 1% skill rate when coming to macro applications. i was in a raid last night healing and i saw a boomy with great gear and i watched his rotation carefully.(yes i did terrible healing because of it) well, he killed it and when i looked at his hear i realized it was all premium.perfect gear… my rotation is almost identical as his. I even thought at times he was using the macro because of the constant rotation. So i am certain that gear will make or break us,

Brice Dubrey
    Grunt

Hi, your macro works great. I’m actually “only” 857, but i feel like my dps is extremmely low. Around 200K most of the time. I playes a bm hunter, i was usually all time on best place in dpsmeter, now i’m always last or not far. Is it that i use your macro not how i should, or is it a class problem?

Thanks for your work.

Tacolibre
    First Sergeant

Recent Activity

Hi, your macro works great. I’m actually “only” 857, but i feel like my dps is extremmely low. Around 200K most of the time. I playes a bm hunter, i was usually all time on best place in dpsmeter, now i’m always last or not far. Is it that i use your macro not how i should, or is it a class problem?

so this is the most common question i get both here and in my guild. The problem i see is not so much ilvl but artifact level and legendaries. I have a boomy in my guild that uses this macro and is always in the top three. what ive gathered is that he is mythic 7+ across the board and when he got hiw wep to 34AP he really started steam rolling .. I worked this macro because i wanted a all around best option, everything firing when it should kinda macro. That means there are occasions when its better and worse to get to that all around setting. Boomies, more than any other toon i have struggles until you get to about 870 then things really start running wild. i wish this was addressed and not so gear dependant but thats also why boomies are so powerful at higher levels. Only the best survive the grind.

Karnivool
    Grunt

Hi, just seeing whether you have had any updates to the macro in the recent weeks since the patch?

Tacolibre
    First Sergeant

Recent Activity

Hi, just seeing whether you have had any updates to the macro in the recent weeks since the patch?

i have been working this out with my guild and we are pretty on point. it is very very gear dependant at the moment i still do not have my helm to implement starsurge more because of the proc so i have that waiting for an update when i get mine… if i ever get mine

Tacolibre
    First Sergeant

Recent Activity

UPDATED the OP

becooL
    Grunt

UPDATED the OP

hi, tested your updated st + aoe macro.
    aoe looks good for me, also getting some good numbers in mythic+.
    for single target i used your “balD” macro you posted some time ago and i´m getting some solid 80-90% logs for my ilvl (890).
    i tested this new one on dummy and some mythic+ runs. this one sometimes get stuck at some point for 4-5 seconds and i´m getting a lot lower dps. maybe it has something to do with the change of talents you suggesting for this macro and casting solar wrath only.
    maybe others will have better results…but i´ll stay on your “balD” macro, cause for me this one is nearly on point with simcraft + log results 🙂

Mike
    First Sergeant

iLVL: 885
    Crit: 16%
    haste: 20%
    Mastery: 67%

SimC: 536226 dps

BalD: 452k dps
    Old one: 417k dps
    New one: 376k dps

That would pretty much second the results aboe me….

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.