Survival for 5.4....

Hello! :slight_smile:

I really love this website!

I am currently using the one for Marksmanship and it does amazing dps!

But I was looking for one for Survival.

Survival looks like its getting back to where it used to be during Cata. And looks to be now? The one you wanna use to raid with on most fights. (Marksmanship is great for some fights. Love it on General Nazgrim.)

Any help from the mods would be appreciated. And again, Thanks again for this website. Really really enjoy it! :slight_smile:

I am aware of this one here, But they are so many macros in the discussion? You are not really sure what now for 5.4 does the most maximum DPS.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/5-2-survival-fully-working-with-lock-and-load

[quote quote=10548]I am aware of this one here, But they are so many macros in the discussion? You are not really sure what now for 5.4 does the most maximum DPS.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/5-2-survival-fully-working-with-lock-and-load

[/quote]

Aye that one has a good discussion on SV and I believe there is one by MJ (Michael Jackson) where you can pretty much solo anything. SV really hasn’t changed much with the exception of readiness being taken out. I don’t think there will be any major changes until the pre xpac patch where they’ll rework the classes again.

Look for MJs bar switching surv macro. Ive made one for MM and BM off of it and have ranked with each spec in SoO in 557 gear

Share em up good sir, share em up.

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/sv-solo-h-scenario-macro

This is normally a multi hotbar macro but the first 2 main macroes can be used as is and you manually do the rest or you can add ES above BA and manually do the rest.

I made a multi hotbar tutorial so to find that you click my name (on the left of this post)>Forums>Topics Started.

Im currently working on an opener for SV hunters from scratch and i’m currently running into a wall and would like to enlist some help. It’s mostly for boss pulls, but, i guess it can be used anytime. After doing some research, I realized a good opener in exact order is rapid fire, stampede, AMoC, Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, and Black Arrow. after that it’s business as usual. I think it’s possible to put in other CD’s afterwards like trinkets and racials (orc/troll) and such, but, alot of you guys are much better at it than me. If you guys can give some input it’d be nice.

Thanks for the replies. Eh, I am not much on the bar swapping method. I usually have problems with it most times and get aggravated with it and just dont even use it.

But, I think I came up with something. Seems to do fine. (I am sure can be better.) There is always room for improvement on any and all macros. :stuck_out_tongue:

For my frist button on on my first normal bar. I have this.

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 Black Arrow
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire

And for my 2nd button I have:

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=0.5 1,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.5 Glaive Toss
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/use [combat] 10

I used this method last night on the 3rd wing of flex? And I was usually in top 3 in most of the fights. heh. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s MJ’S hotbar way, I just put it into 2 buttons. I have kill shot and expo shot on a separate button for when they proc.

Its a bit cumbersome, Sure. Its not a 1 button mash into oblivion kinda macro. But for now, It gets the job done. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for this website!

Hey guys, Love the macros, Keep them coming! Came up with this for the Suv-Hunter, It does not always fire off Black-Arrow or Glaive-Toss, But it does fire off Arcane-Shot ALOT, Which if you have the 2/4-piece this is what you want anyway for the extra time on Rapid-Fire. Please test it out and let me know what you guys think, My I-lv is 540+ and I’m getting 200k plus dps on boss fights.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Arcane Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,Blink Strikes
/castsequence [combat]reset=6 Cobra Shot
/cast [combat]Kill Shot
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast [combat]10
/startattack
/targetenemy [noexists][dead]
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

For aoe, I used the same macro, just replace Arcane-Shot with Multi-Shot.

Thanks, Gene

Blink Strikes is a passive ability why to use it in the macro?

That was my fault, I forgot too take it out.

Fixed!

Suv-Single

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Arcane Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,Black Arrow
/castsequence [combat]reset=6 Cobra Shot
/cast [combat]Kill Shot
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/cast [combat]10
/startattack
/targetenemy [noexists][dead]
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();

This is what I’m using, seems to work very well.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast Arcane Shot
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]blood fury
/use [combat]rapid fire
/startattack

how about some numbers, ilvls and who or what you dps’s on to get said numbers. also what talents do you have on?

what is combat 10? the legendary cape? tier proc?

how about some numbers, ilvls and who or what you dps’s on to get said numbers. also what talents do you have on? what is combat 10? the legendary cape? tier proc?

Item level: 538
DPS: 130-140 over 10 mins on the Boss target dummy (Single Target, NO STAMPEDE).
Talents: Narrow Escape, Intimidation, Spirit Bond, Thrill of the Hunt, Blink Strikes, Glaive Toss.
/use [Combat] 10 = Synapse Springs / Engineering Tinker on gloves (Increase primary stat by 1920 for 10 secs).

This is a very very slightly updated version of what I’m using.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=5 Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Arcane Shot
/use [combat]10 
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]blood fury
/use [combat]rapid fire
/startattack

Overall I’m pretty pleased with my Single Target macro. It works exactly how I want it to.

AOE

#showtooltip Multi-Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Multi-Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 Glaive Toss
/use [combat]10
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use [combat]blood fury
/startattack

AoE is decent, but not perfect. I use Multi-Shot and Glaive Toss twice in attempt to iron out unnecessary Cobra Shots.

Item Level: 534 (weapon ilvl is 510, legendary cloak, legendary meta gem, wolf pet with crit buff)
DPS: 130k on Raider’s Training Dummy over 10 minutes (single target, no stampede)
Talents: Thrill of the Hunt, A Murder of Crows, Glaive Toss

I have been using this macro for a while now and I tested it against Graham’s macro above. I lost about 15k DPS using his macro and substituting A Murder of Crows with Blink Strikes.

#showtooltip Kill Shot
/startattack
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,A Murder of Crows
/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=5 Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/use [combat] 10
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/use [combat] Blood fury
/petattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

I did replace my aoe macro with Graham’s. Thanks Graham!

I bound the single target macro to my mouse wheel scroll up and the aoe macro to my mouse wheel scroll down.

ilvl 546, legendary cloak, [Capacitive Primal Diamond] [Gloves of the Unblinking Vigil] and the chest for the tier bonus. only 1 bonus obviously. on the boss target dummy i leveled out around 150~160k with a auto clicker hitting @ 0.60ms a click. no stampede of course. on malkorak i can keep 170~180k or so. (flex raid wing 3, boss 1)
i couldn’t stand by for 10 mins so i did 7 mins on survival and 7 on beast master. when i did this i only reforged when testing on actual bosses. according to ask mr robo. it wants me to change some gems and enchants. i am too cheap for that. reforge will have to do.
Talents: Narrow Escape, Intimidation, Spirit Bond, Thrill of the Hunt, Blink Strikes, Glaive Toss.
same talents as well. looks like survival is back in the high dps huh? right before and after the patch. bm was suppose to be the way of the dps but i guess not. thanks a lot graham. the biggest problem is not having exotic pets. i like water walking and some other exotic pet buffs :(. for now ill just change specs when i need to. ty graham.
the only thing that sucks is that i can usually drain my focus now and again. i can’t always watch it while raiding or soloing though. how about the 2 of you? do you 2 find yourselves running dry for 3 or so seconds or now and again?

hey BJ, i’ll give your macro a whirl on a boss dummy and report back asap.

With Graham’s macro, i tend to run out of focus every once in a while. With my macro, i tend to hit max focus every once in a while.

I assumed trying to keep your focus below 50% would maximize dps. Which is why I used Arcane Shot twice (I have removed 1 Arcane shot now). ATM i’m really struggling. It seems as my Item level increases my dps decreases. I’ve tried all different kinds of things but I just can’t keep up with other hunters.

I wonder if anyone else has this problem?