SV Solo H Scenario macro

As the topic says I have had 2 players drop out of H Scenarios on several occasions and can easily finish solo - I haven’t done so yet but am pretty sure I could solo Heroic Dungeons as well.
The following is not my complete macro set because I use 3 hotbars but this is the nuts and bolts of the main castsequence and depending on talents it’s up to you guys where and what to add.
This must be used with the MD glyph - put pet on focus before you start and if any mob comes for me I just switch targets and it runs to my pet.

Single target

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=5 Mend Pet,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 Black Arrow
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/use [@focus,exists]Misdirection
/targetenemy [noexists][dead][noharm]
/startattack [exists,harm,nodead]

AOE

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=5 Mend Pet,Multi-Shot,Cobra Shot,Cobra Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 Black Arrow
/cast [combat]Rapid Fire
/use [@focus,exists]Misdirection

If you do want to use 3 actionbars, bar 2 and 3 are the same for both AOE and single target as follows. Note : you will have to add /swapactionbar 1 2 to the above 2 macros.

Hotbar 2

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=0.5 1,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.5 Glaive Toss
/swapactionbar 2 3

Hotbar 3

/castsequence [mod]Cobra Shot;reset=0.5 Explosive Shot
/swapactionbar 1 2

When I am raiding I just remove Mend Pet from both macros and focus the main tank. One other thing is I put pet attack hotkeyed to A and pet follow to key S that way when an aoe happens I just hit S to recall and A to attack again. Doesn’t matter what 2 buttons you hotkey these to but make sure they are beside each other for fast recall/attack. I nearly always carry dpsers doing only 40k dps. Oh and use an interrupt tank pet - if you talent for it you will have 2 interrupts - very essential.

I might have to give that a try

how do i set this up? i can only use 2 action bars…

you can usually hit Shift 3 thru 6 to get to the other action bars if you have them enabled. I used to have a old Pet macro that would put up Hunters Mark, would rez it if it died within a short period of time, and would cast /attack or /follow. It’s predated but I still use it. I went to a new ui package that had macro tool kit also and forgot to back up all my macros so i’ll see if by any chance it got saved unless there is a way to copy/paste macro cache’s from the old WTF folder (which is moved to another location) to the new one.

*Edit: The pet macro was one of the very few macros that were saved so here it is for anybody that would like to make use of it. Like i said it’s very old but still works for the most part

#showtooltip
/cast [nopet] Call Pet; /cast [@pet,dead] Revive Pet
/cast hunter's mark
/petfollow [@pettarget,exists]
/petattack [@pettarget,noexists]

i’m sorry but im a little confused. i can use this or all 3 to solo or something? i should be able to make up another action bar for the macro to work?

Read this thread for setting up hotbar macros
https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/multi-cast-bar-macro-tutorial

Hotbar 3 is a vertical hotbar on the right of your screen and must be enabled in settings.

To the single target and aoe main macro (Hotbar 1) you have to add this line down the bottom of both macros /swapactionbar 1 2

To the Hotbar 2 macro you have to add this line to the bottom
/swapactionbar 2 3

To the Hotbar 3 macro you have to add this line to the bottom
/swapactionbar 3 1

This effectively swaps your 3 actionbars in a rotation.

can u make just misdirect to pet and mend macro in one macro?but can u make em like resets every 5 seconds? cause misdirect spams too much and locks up my rotation , thanks

Mend Pet in my above macro activates every 6-8 seconds and you really don’t want to mess with that, it’s important to not only have Mend Pet active on your pet on the pull but to keep it always refreshed even if early. It has no cost and is instant.

Misdirection fires for me every 3 seconds with 2 shots being cast in between with absolutely no lockups. I suggest you double check everything, spacings, commas, /, etc. Talent choice could always cause a problem - mine are 1,1,3,2,2,1

The other alternative is change the MD line to this and hit ctrl whenever you want it

/use [mod:ctrl,@focus,exists]Misdirection

Also if you are using the multihotbars method, to troubleshoot your problem remove hotbar 2 and 3 out of the equation by removing /swapactionbar 1 2 from the primary macros and test them without bar swapping. If you still have a problem then it’s a matter of some mistake in the code (Not my end) BTW I do a steady 100k-110k in H sc using the above - 130k in raids by not using Mend Pet and MD.

WELLL WELL i set this 3 action bar system up. i am running @ 50k dps on my bm hunter. ilvl 491. i dunno if i should be doing better… no idea! anyway thats pretty good for alone. this is recounts data on overall on a dummy. why isn’t stampede or AMOC in there?
also, how do i edit or change misdirect for tank and not pet? is this a good or bad idea? do tanks dislike hunters using misdirect on them durring a raid or heroic dungeon/scenario. thanks for all your help. i think that’s all the questions i have.
thanks to the OP michael!
i just thought of another question. does the pet have to be in focus for misdirect to work? is there no way to script the macro so i dont have to have the pet in focus? i only ask because it can be a pain when i leave from an instance or on/off mount. then i have to refocus again and again. i use my mount a lot in panda or where ever.

thanks for any info :slight_smile:

Hello Paul heh, I think I could answer the last question related to the misdirect. If you would like to transfer the aggro to the tank, we can do that with a condition in front of the spell but it could be tricky because if the mob is targeting the wrong person it would misdirect to that person. The macro line would look like this:

/cast [@targettarget] Misdirection

So in theory, whoever the mob is targeting and Misdirect goes off then that is the character or pet that will get the aggro.

About the cooldowns question, I guess is just personal preference to put them or not in a macro.

Hi Paul I don’t include Stampede because it should only be used on a boss so manually hit that one. I don’t use AMOC as I use Blink Strike and as a BM hunter I suggest you go that route. 50k dps for 491 seems ok to me but to be sure have all your CD’s from the macro on a hotbar so you can see if something is not firing when it should.

I set up MD that way to use [@focus] so you can change it to the tank whenever you need to. If I put in this
/cast [@focus,@pet,exists]Misdirection it would spam MD on your pet during raids even if the tank was on focus - (not tested.)
You could make 2 macros with one having this line
/cast [@pet,exists] Misdirection
and use that macro for soloing.

And yes for the glyph to work you can do either what I made or the above code - your pet doesn’t have to be on focus for MD to work.

thanks michael. this works pretty well although i have a concern. sometimes i will need to use silence or a specific numbered skill. however i don’t know how you do it while 3 action bars are being rotated with the 3 action bar method you recommended. is it possible to put all your 3 action bar macros into one? why does one need 3 action bars anyway? wouldnt the rotation work just as well in a longer macro? i never really understood the reason why some people have made multi action bar macros. what do you think?
i’d also like to thank you. when i do use it just for questing it’s fine. however sometimes in h level scenarios i may need more than just the rotation has to offer. :slight_smile:

I use 3 hotbars because of my latency 250/250ms is good for me and often being 300+/400. The all in one macros in my case won’t fire certain shots when they should. With my setup and latency they do.

Refer to this thread for the all in one macro 5.2 Survival Fully Working with Lock and Load! - Patch 5.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

You will then have to add the MD line and also Mend Pet in the Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot line. You might have to double that up like this to not overlap Mend Pet so much like this.
/castsequence reset=5 Mend Pet,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot

Just test it out on the dummies to get it close.

With my setup though, I can weave in Silencing Shot, Tranquilizing Shot and/or Scatter Shot no worries even though I have a key clicker set to 20 ms. All I do is spam the shot I want while the macro is working. For the gorilla interrupt I have that on a macro so I can put it beside Silencing Shot and the best part is the pet one is off the GCD.

Obviously with 3 hotbars spinning you need to triplicate all spells on each hotbar except the macros. For traps of course you have to completely stop the macro because they are a placement ability much like the locks Rain of Fire and cannot be macroed or woven in.

thanks again michael. i was also wondering why glaive toss wasnt in the 3 hotbar setup? to save on focus??

Refer to my first post here Glaive Toss is on hotbar 2.

i made this for my bm spec for soloing. what do you think? i can get 52k dps on mobs/most elites```

/petattack
/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,0,Dire Beast
/castsequence reset=0.8 0,0,Glaive Toss
/castsequence reset=0.8 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=5 Mend Pet,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot,Arcane Shot,Cobra Shot
/cast [combat] arcane torrent
/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
/cast [combat] Rapid Fire
/cast [@pet,exists] Misdirection

/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/castsequence reset=23 Focus Fire
/startattack

could use some improvement? 
i did the same for survival spec. once i get the dps for that side ill edit or repost and you tell me what i did wrong? :)

Paul

I’ll test it when I get home from work. In general it should work, I think mine varies just a slight bit.

Hey guys I edited my original post in this thread to reflect the extra cost of Arcane Shot by adding 1 Cobra Shot to the single target rotation.

With the changes to Glyph of Mend Pet your pet should never die because it makes the mend tick every second instead of every 2 seconds effectively doubling your pets heals. I strongly advise using it if you are going to solo hard content for any length of time.

[quote quote=10563]Hey guys I edited my original post in this thread to reflect the extra cost of Arcane Shot by adding 1 Cobra Shot to the single target rotation.

With the changes to Glyph of Mend Pet your pet should never die because it makes the mend tick every second instead of every 2 seconds effectively doubling your pets heals. I strongly advise using it if you are going to solo hard content for any length of time.
[/quote]

Hey Michael wanted to let you know that your macros didn’t code so they’re not in the black box lol. Not sure if you can edit that. thought to give you a heads up.

@ others: the ’ at the beginning and end of MJ’s edited macro’s on page 1 aren’t actual part of the macro fyi for those that didn’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ray T thanks mate for pointing that out - all fixed. It must have screwed up upon editing the first time.