Swap Macros VS Gnome Sequencer...

I’m curious as to what other people think about Swap Macros compared to Gnome Sequencer Macros…

Personally, I played my Frost Mage using both types of macros, and found that swap macros offer more control than Gnome Sequencer macros, AND produced better DPS results.

Frost Mage (iLvl 531):

Gnome Sequencer > Burst DPS = 11.8k / Normal DPS 4.6K
Swap Macro > Burst DPS = 13.2k / Normal DPS 5.1k

I would love to hear if other people are getting similar test results.

Cheers!

100% Completely Agree.

I forget the exact numbers but there was about a 2K DPS loss with GS as opposed to using the Swap Bar method on my Ret Paly, as well as my Shadow Priest.
There is no comparison to the control it feels like.
I admit that Gnome Sequencer might be a simple drag and drop solution compared to the Swap Bar method, but for the time spent in setting up the Swap Bar, it is completely worth it in my mind, and in the numbers generated.

I miss the old macros but until/if/when we get them back or a working workaround. The Swap Bar is for me at least the superior solution.

Regards

I have mixed feelings regarding this addon. i love the fact you can have all your macros aka sequences in one spot. I get very frustrated with the fact the addon works beautifully one day and the next day i get on and nothing works. I have changed nothing on my machine or in game, yet nada. I have finally gone back to Macro Toolkit because i don’t like spending hours trying to figure out what is wrong. As for my dps…i feel that greatly varies from sequence to sequence or macro to macro. I have yet to find an optimized macro for MM Hunters.

GS does have priority function aka StepFunction. Add that piece of code (included in the base file) in your every macro just before PreMacro and your list of spells will become prioritize instead of being a sequential. See example below. This is my unholy single target macro. I start off with outbreak and just spam the macro at 10ms. Works like a charm. I pull around 11k+ on raid dummy self buffed/no flask. iLvl 631.

Sequences['UHST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
		limit = limit or 1
		if step == limit then
			limit = limit % #macros + 1
			step = 1
		else
			step = step % #macros + 1
		end
	]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/startattck
    ]],
    '/cast [nopet] Raise Dead; Dark Transformation',
    '/cast Death Coil',
    '/cast Scourge Strike',
    '/cast Festering Strike',
    [[/castsequence reset=5/target  Death's Advance, Death's Advance, Plague Leech, Outbreak]],
    '/cast [combat] Summon Gargoyle',
PostMacro = [[
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}