Limp Disk: Teach Others How to Eat Your Shield (PVE/PVP)

UPDATED 1/2/1018

Updated the talents in the macro to mirror those listed here in the OP. Should cut down on the confusion that some might have had regarding which talents to choose.

~END OF UPDATE~

-Taunt is turned off for the second (raiding) and third (PVP) macro; it will spam it too much in raids. As far as PVP goes, you won’t need it in BGs.

-You will easily solo even the most daunting world bosses in Argus with this macro.

-Probably won’t do the damage to kill geared healers in PVP, but you will shut them up/shut them down and make them useless. Aff locks are the only thing that will kill you 1v1 in BGs; can’t shut them up enough and Blizz took away the Cleanse ability for curses after Cata.

-Also, I have Light’s Judgment in the soloing macro for when I am rolling around on Argus. You will not notice that it is there if you are not zoned in/are using another Argus Matrix-y Toy. However, you can remove the Light’s Judgment line in the first macro if you like.

Talents: 1 (or 3),2,?,2,1,3,1 (or 3)
PVP Talents: 2,1 (or 3),1,2,3,1 (or 3)

Sequences['ProtPally'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Shallah@Shu'halo",
  SpecID=66,
  Talents = "1 (or 3),2,?,2,1,3,1 (or 3)",
  Help = [[*PVP Talents: 2,1 (or 3),1,2,3,1 (or 3)
*Where the talents are changable, you can choose which talents you prefer based on your playing style (more healing/protection/DPS) depending on your situation that you are facing.]],
  Default=1,
  Raid=2,
  PVP=3,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [combat] Avenging Wrath",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
        "/cast Ardent Defender",
        "/cast [@player] Light's Judgment",
        "/cast Avenger's Shield",
        "/cast Consecration",
        "/cast Shield of the Righteous",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast Eye of Tyr",
        "/cast Hammer of the Righteous",
        "/cast Hammer of Justice",
        "/cast Blessed Hammer",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast Light of the Protector",
        "/cast Hand of Reckoning",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl] Consecration",
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
        "/cast Ardent Defender",
        "/cast Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast Eye of Tyr",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [3] = {
     Combat=true,
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/targetenemyplayer [nodead]",
      },
        "/cast Ardent Defender",
        "/cast Shield of Virtue",
        "/cast Consecration",
        "/cast Judgment",
        "/cast Eye of Tyr",
        "/cast Hammer of Justice",
        "/cast Blessed Hammer",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

Hi. Does it automatically switch over to Raid=2, when you join a raid or do you have to change it yourself?

It does that automatically if you have GSE or the latest patch that is available. Check the “configuration” tab in the macro to be sure.

John I tested your macro out last night and I must say that it works pretty good. My pally is ilvl 875 now after playing a few hours last night. I tanked for a group in the new instance (The seat of the trisomething). When the boss was around 80% health my entire group died except me…it took awhile but i tanked him and killed him while hitting no other button besides your macro. I tried it in pvp and it performed pretty well there too. I didnt get alot of kills but man was i annoying to the healers. I was able to divert alot of the attention from my team to me. Great job on this macro!!!
P.S I forgot to mention that i tanked all of the newest raids in LFR with it also!!

Thanks, Tyreek for taking time out to give feedback on how the macro is working for you; I am glad that it worked and that you liked it!

Also am really glad to hear that you were an annoyance in PVP! All too often, PuGs neither understand Prot Pallies’ role in BGs (attention-getter/blocking fullback/offensive tight end/general pain-in-the ass)–and because of that, never take advantage of the enemy’s attention that you are garnering–by going for objectives (flags/orbs/bases).

The only class/spec that will kill you are Aff locks; you’ll melt, but they certainly won’t one-shot you, thus giving you time to run away like a real pro.

Anyway, wish you continued good luck with the macro!

@John Q

Again I have used your Mistweaver Monk then this, I used your script for my prot pally, man very nice but i removed the Hand of Reckoning to conserve in case emergency taunt loose mob.

Everything really champ! Tried play PvP as you recommend annoy healers to shut them up really very well and absolutely love it. I received the whisper from some healers (they created alt toon in alliance) and told me that my pally really PITA interrupt their heals too much. PuG dps usually ignore me entire BG game. LOL

I felt good so much and you ROCKS!

Question about this macro here, looks awesome to say the least. But recently rolled a pally, I wanted to help my guild out with its lack of tanks.

One part I still find hard to understand with all these macros, the KeyRelease trigger, does it mean that I have to hold the button down for the macro to work, or can I just spam/mash the key as normal, or will it just do what ever is inputed (wrong word I know) to do upon lifting my finger? Over all looking forward to giving it a whirl though.

It’s a button mash unless you has away to setup an auto-key. My keypad uses synapse software, which allows me to setup my keys to spam automatically. CI could be wrong but I believe some/most use something called AHK. But, I can set the key to spam the macro with a built in delay to sim key spamming. So, if the key needs to be spammed with a 80ms delay, I can do that and never touch the key except to turn it off. The problem with key mashing is simming the actual delay a macro needs. Generally, the macro coder or users will post their delays. I don’t know what a good delay would be for this one. I tried it with a 90ms delay. Seemed to work well but I don’t main a pally anylonger so my delay was based on my current main.

Cool enough for now, I use a steelseries KB that allows me to set keys anywhere and even config their autopress rates. I will give it a try and see how it works. So far I am loving the pally, but it definitly sounds a a train wreck at times with all that klaning when you hit mobs :slight_smile:

I wanted to provide some feedback on this macro; I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue: PvE, everything functions normally. PvP, I’m constantly swapping player targets when I spam this macro. Is there a way to prevent this? Otherwise, seems to work well.

The macro is set up to automatically target the nearest enemy player who is closest to you. I did it this way, because as a pally tank in PVP, you are more of a disruptor and healer than you are a DPS.

If you want to stop this, take the following line in the third tab of the macro (which is PVP) and move it to either the key release or post macro section at the bottom of the macro:

/targetenemyplayer [nodead]

You may have to move it more than once to get things exactly the way you want.

Oh, I understand what was trying to be accomplished through targeting. However, the issue for me is that battlegrounds are so dynamic and fluid at times it was difficult to stay locked on a healer for the duration. Example being, normally targeting for macros allowed me to stay on target and DPS until the target died or I manually changed targets.

I’ll test it again tonight after I make that change to the macro but the issue for me was the selected target would not stay static like it does in PvE; it kept alternating and made it extremely frustrating to try and focus healers. Oh, and distance did not seem to matter either as it just kept rotating through enemy player targets that were around me.

Just an update: I tried moving around the targeting line as you suggested, but every time the macro activated, it kept shuttling my targeting around. Which would not be a big deal if it was just one versus one, but even when there were two players near me, it would keep selecting back and forth between them. I’m not sure at this point how to fix it, so I changed the PvP targeting back to: /targetenemy [noharm][dead]. I’m not sure what else to do.

OK man, whatever works for you. :wink:

Talents: 1 (or 3),2,?,2,1,3,1 (or 3) PVP Talents: 2,1 (or 3),1,2,3,1 (or 3)

Are these talents for PVP? Why do i ask? In the macro u have other talents.

Gonna give this a try since alot ere like it. :slight_smile:

Yes, use the talents from here. Those others in the macro when were from when I was building the macro and was making a lot of changes.

Been trying out this sweet macro for a while now, and must say it rocks.

I may not rock the DPS charts, but I sure as heck is not moving closer to the shadow real either when I am facing an Argus elite mob. Sitting comfortable at a measly 910 iLVL, I can easily tank the whole day and walking away with just a few dents in the armor. Now I just need to find some leggo’s to completment it, ah well back to the grind.

Thanks man, I appreciate your compliment!

Hi John, thanks very much for doing this macro!

Can I query a couple of things with you? I see you have the talents as “Talents: 1 (or 3),2,?,2,1,3,1 (or 3)” but that would imply you are using Hand of the Protector instead of Light of the Protector and there’s no Hand of the Protector in the macro?

Also same thing for Bless Hammer, its in the macro but you’ve got for either talent 1 or 3 which wouldn’t use it surely?

Use the talents that I described in the OP–not the ones listed in the macro. That happened when I wrote the macro and was moving stuff around, so they are not the final result. And I am always using Hand. Blessed Hammer gives you more DPS, so if PVE is your thing, go ahead and take it.

As of 01/02/18, I have added the talents to the macro itself and have replaced the (now outdated) macro with the new one in the OP.