The priority cast macros

I start the topic in the DK section, then realize maybe it is better to post this here.

Basically, this is a macro system which will cast on a ‘priority’ queue you decide.

The original posts are here

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/the-true-lazy-macros

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/try-this-tank-marcro

We all know that it is blocked to cast more than 1 spells in 1 key if they both trigger GCDs.

i.e., you cannot do

/cast Frost Strike

/cast Obliterate

There is, however, a way to bypass it

See the macro below

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Howling Blast

/castsequence reset=0.3 Frost Strike

Within 0.3 second, if you hit the macro once, it will ‘use’ your equipment in slot 1, and cast Frost Strike. If your Frost Strike is not available (i.e. not enough rune power) and you carry on hit the marco, it will cast Howling Blast. This means, if you can carry on hit the 1 key repeatedly, it will always cast the lower level spell (in this case, Frost Strike) whenever it is ready, and then the next one up (in this case Howling Blast) if the bottom one is on CD.

This is a very powerful marco if the bottom spell is a powerful strike but always on CD (such as Chaos Bolt)

Second, you can’t cast 2 macros on 1 hit, but you can hit 2 buttons by repeated smashing 1 key on your keyboard.

See this macro B:

/cast Frost Strike

/swapactionbar 1 5

It will try to cast obliterate, and swap your action bar to between actionbar row 1 and row 5,

Lets add a macro C:

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Howling Blast

/swapactionbar 1 5

Therefore, if you put Macro B in ‘button 5’ action bar 1. And put macro C in button 5 action bar 5, and repeatedly hit button 5 on your keyboard, you are actually pressing two spells with 1 key (with multiple clicking tho). You can also swap between more than 2 bars, therefore, technology you are pressing more than 2 buttons if you continuously press the same key.

try this macro with DW frost dk

Macro 1-1

#showtooltips 16
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [nocombat] reset=0 0,howling blast
/cast [nocombat] outbreak
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Obliterate
/cast Frost Strike
/swapactionbar 1 5

Macro 1-2

#showtooltip
/castsequence horn of winter, plague strike
/cast [combat] Pillar of frost
/startattack
/swapactionbar 1 5
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

This set of macros cannot do ‘soul reaper’

Therefore, I put the above set in key 5 (for action bar 1 and 5)

and following set in key 1 (again for action bar 1 and 5)

Macro 2-1

#showtooltips soul reaper
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Frost Strike
/cast Soul Reaper
/swapactionbar 1 5

Macro 2-2

#showtooltip
/castsequence horn of winter, plague strike
/cast [combat] Pillar of frost
/startattack
/swapactionbar 1 5
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The only different choice of Talent will make the macro different is ‘blood tap’, for which, add

/cast blood tap

in the last line of the macro.

The high light of the above macro is the [nocombat] lines

/castsequence [nocombat] reset=0 0,howling blast
/cast [nocombat] outbreak

this little change will make your toon start the fight with applying outbreak when it is available or cast howling blast when outbreak is on CD.

In fact I had this type of 1 key macros for most of toons (I use to play paladin, druid worrior, mage, shaman, DK, warlock and hunter) but the only 1key macros up to date are DK ones (as I only have a DK up and running now). It is possible to make any 1 key macro for any class as long as WoW still use the priority system, become the

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,X

system will cast the spell base on a priority order, i.e. the last lines get cast first.

I hope more macros is made according to this system, so that I can lazily copy + paste and dont have to upgrade my old ones.

Have fun hunting guys.

Maybe I am looking at this too late at night (head is pounding) but is there anyway to put this in a video (ie Youtube).

Disregard video I believe after some sleep I am comfortable with method here.

nvm

I would love to see an Elemental Shaman macro like this

hey , could be great to start that kind of macros in this site, I really saw a jump of my dps with those…
but i don’t understand how it works…

It works like this - all it does is swap bars and hit the macro on the other bar. As you are constantly spamming your macro the bars swap each press hence hitting the secondary macro. The main thing I found is to exactly duplicate both bars with all spells except your 2 macros that will be switching. Reason for this is it may be on the secondary bar and you want to use another skill, it has to be there as well in the same usual spot.

I made a Elemental one last night. my dps really jumped up. Ill try to post it soon once I get it where I want it

1 Like

With respect to /swapactionbars, I am presuming the standard UI action bars? The ones that you can click up or down arrow? If this is the case then Buttonforge, which is what I normally use for macro spamming will be no good for these.

I am curious but I can find no official documentation on the “/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3” etc priority casting. I personally think that this is a loophole and Blizzard will fill this gap in the not too distant future. The GCD is there for a reason and I can’t image them allowing anyone to overide it.

Good luck anyway but I will be sticking to the standard macros.

[quote quote=4552]

michaeljackson wrote: It works like this – all it does is swap bars and hit the macro on the other bar. As you are constantly spamming your macro the bars swap each press hence hitting the secondary macro. The main thing I found is to exactly duplicate both bars with all spells except your 2 macros that will be switching. Reason for this is it may be on the secondary bar and you want to use another skill, it has to be there as well in the same usual spot.
With respect to /swapactionbars, I am presuming the standard UI action bars? The ones that you can click up or down arrow? If this is the case then Buttonforge, which is what I normally use for macro spamming will be no good for these. I am curious but I can find no official documentation on the “/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3″ etc priority casting. I personally think that this is a loophole and Blizzard will fill this gap in the not too distant future. The GCD is there for a reason and I can’t image them allowing anyone to overide it. Good luck anyway but I will be sticking to the standard macros. [/quote]

The cast sequence reset=0.3,1,2,3, etc doesnt actually over ride global cooldown. It only triggers the random procs which are off GCD in a priority list.

Just an FYI Blizzard has changed how delay macros work now. No longer is it going down to up but normal up to down.

So before if you had

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Explosive Shot
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Black Arrow

It would cast Black Arrow over Explosive Shot. Since 5.2 that has been changed and it will cast Explosive Shot first then Black Arrow.

So, if i want to cast rising sun kick first and blackout kick after, I must type:

/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Rising Sun Kick
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Blackout Kick

instead of what I’m using at the moment?

/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Blackout Kick
/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Rising Sun Kick

???

Is this correct?

Seems like it works priority from the top going down now so the above would be correct.

Just tested, working from the bottom up still for me. Will test further.

why don’t u look in here?

https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/the-castsequence-reset0-3-0-explanation

ALot of testing last night and this morning. It still works from the bottom up. I see that you are mixing alot of your macro styles in one. That must be what looks like a wonky mess and doing funny things but in the bellow macro its still from the bottom up.

/Castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2,2, judgment
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,2, crusader strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2, templar’s verdict
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2, exorcism
/castsequence reset=0.3 2, execution sentence
/cast hammer of wrath
/use 14