The true lazy macros

To start with, I really like this website.

I share 2 of my macros today, hopefully it will start new era of lazy macro making.

We all know that it is blocked to cast more than 1 spells in 1 key if they both trigger GCDs.

i.e., you cannot do

/cast Frost Strike

/cast Obliterate

There is, however, a way to bypass it

See the macro below

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Howling Blast

/castsequence reset=0.3 Frost Strike

Within 0.3 second, if you hit the macro once, it will ‘use’ your equipment in slot 1, and cast Frost Strike. If your Frost Strike is not available (i.e. not enough rune power) and you carry on hit the marco, it will cast Howling Blast. This means, if you can carry on hit the 1 key repeatedly, it will always cast the lower level spell (in this case, Frost Strike) whenever it is ready, and then the next one up (in this case Howling Blast) if the bottom one is on CD.

This is a very powerful marco if the bottom spell is a powerful strike but always on CD (such as Chaos Bolt)

Second, you can’t cast 2 macros on 1 hit, but you can hit 2 buttons by repeated smashing 1 key on your keyboard.

See this macro B:

/cast Frost Strike

/swapactionbar 1 5

It will try to cast obliterate, and swap your action bar to between actionbar row 1 and row 5,

Lets add a macro C:

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Howling Blast

/swapactionbar 1 5

Therefore, if you put Macro B in ‘button 5’ action bar 1. And put macro C in button 5 action bar 5, and repeatedly hit button 5 on your keyboard, you are actually pressing two spells with 1 key (with multiple clicking tho). You can also swap between more than 2 bars, therefore, technology you are pressing more than 2 buttons if you continuously press the same key.

Now, let’s combine the above 2 ideas together

DK frost Macro 1:

#showtooltips obliterate

/castsequence reset=target howling blast, plague strike,null

/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Howling Blast

/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Frost Strike

/castsequence reset=0.5 Obliterate

/swapactionbar 1 5

DK frost Macro 2:

#showtooltip Plague Leech

/castsequence reset=0.2 1,Horn of Winter

/castsequence reset=20 Plague Leech,Plague Strike, Howling blast

/cast [combat] Pillar of frost

/startattack

/swapactionbar 1 5

/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Put Macro 1 in ‘Button 5 actionbar 1’; Put Macro 2 in ’Button 5 Actionbar 5’. Find some gnomes and keep smashing your button 5 (just keep press the 1 key). You have a true 1 key lazy macro now.

I can hardly believe any normal players can beat the performance of these macros.

Similar ideas can be used for most of classes. I hope these will not be overused or abused in the game, after all the moment you put them in your actionbar, wow become less fun.

Again, I really like this website, carry on the good work guys.

Any further discussion of 1 key Marco are welcome, please contact me at captivation.wow@googlemail.com

have u tested this technique?

what was ur dps and with what item lvl and what lvl?

i tried it and i had to disable the bartender add on to use it

i did even less dps from my macro in the frost dk section

I have been using these macros for years, never need to disable bartender.

My frost DK dps was about 35K in LFR (with LFR gear) in lv 85. My toon is not lv 90 yet.

To use the macro, you need to quickly, repeatedly press the same key on your keyborad.

i know m8 and as i said i have to disable the bartender in order to rotate the bar.

yes u have to mash the kb but if u look the rotation u use at some points has nothing to do.

as i said before i did 16k with your macro and with mine 20k.

may be i do something wrong so more details or more careful rotation would be welcome

Jury is still out on this one for me.

seems to work still testing

macro 1

#showtooltips obliterate

/castsequence reset=target howling blast, plague strike,null

/castsequence reset=0.5 1,2,Howling Blast

/castsequence reset=0.5 1,Frost Strike

/swapactionbar 4 5

macro 2

#showtooltip unholy blight

/castsequence reset=10 unholy blight, Plague Strike, Howling blast

/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon

/cast [combat] Raise Dead

/cast [combat] anti-magic shell

/use 13

/startattack

/swapactionbar 4 5

Using this macro for a couple of days now, and must say… It’s a breeze. It takes some time to set it up and I had some odd moments, but overall my dps isn’t really suffering.

I mean, it’s 1 key. You can’t expect that to be as good as human choice but it’s pretty decent for dailies and random dungeons.

I hope it gets some more attention and improvement :wink:

the switching works but for me i have to disable bartender and for now this is not an option.

my opinion is that needs a little bit of tweak and if timed properly it will owned the dps.

my problem for now is the bartender

Bartender works fine with the switching, you just have the change 4 5 to 1 2 or other bars.

managed to make it to work with bartender but still there is something missing.

i never got close to 35k in lvl 85 as stated above and there are times that it locks up for pretty long time.

for the record i pasted it exactly as seen above both of the comments given.

second pair is way worse than the first one

i did everything as it is supposed to do it but in vain. for now i will stick to my own 3 button macro in the frost dk section 3rd button being the blood tap to get runes back.

if u see a way to improve ti let e know

Testing this great macro, but can i ask for the talents you have? Thanks

@ baboulas

have you ticked enabled box in the state configuartion tab in bartender ? for the two bars u want to switch ?

also you can only use bars 1 to 6.

i made it to work and i saw the bars switching. thing is i never came close to the dps stated.

plus at some points rotation drops cause it has nothing to do. may be some better timing could fix the problem i have.

if i am the only one with this problem then there is something wrong with me, cause i do not know about the rest

Hi, I am back. Sorry for the long absent. Too busy at work T_T

try this macro with DW frost dk

Macro 1-1

#showtooltips 16
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [nocombat] reset=0 0,howling blast
/cast [nocombat] outbreak
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Obliterate
/cast Frost Strike
/swapactionbar 1 5

Macro 1-2

#showtooltip
/castsequence horn of winter, plague strike
/startattack
/swapactionbar 1 5

This set of macros cannot do ‘soul reaper’

Therefore, I put the above set in key 5 (for action bar 1 and 5)

and following set in key 1 (again for action bar 1 and 5)

Macro 2-1

#showtooltips soul reaper
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.3 1,Frost Strike
/cast Soul Reaper
/swapactionbar 1 5

Macro 2-2

#showtooltip
/castsequence horn of winter, plague strike
/startattack
/swapactionbar 1 5

The only different choice of Talent will make the macro different is ‘blood tap’, for which, add

/cast blood tap

in the last line of the macro.

The high light of the above macro is the [nocombat] lines

/castsequence [nocombat] reset=0 0,howling blast
/cast [nocombat] outbreak

this little change will make your toon start the fight with applying outbreak when it is available or cast howling blast when outbreak is on CD.

In fact I had this type of 1 key macros for most of toons (I use to play paladin, druid worrior, mage, shaman, DK, warlock and hunter) but the only 1key macros up to date are DK ones (as I only have a DK up and running now). It is possible to make any 1 key macro for any class as long as WoW still use the priority system, become the

/castsequence reset=0.3 1,2,3,X

system will cast the spell base on a priority order, i.e. the last lines get cast first.

I hope more macros is made according to this system, so that I can lazily copy + paste and dont have to upgrade my old ones.

Have fun hunting guys.

yeah I’m just not getting this. I see the bars swap, but then they just swap back. Plus it looks as though whenever I have Blood Tap in a macro, the toon goes into convultions wanting to cast that and only that if anything priority is still on cd. For a visual it’s like the motion an umpire makes in baseball when he’s about to call strike three. repeatedly.

this is frustrating.

Hi John the motion your toon does I noticed is when he tries to do Blood Tap but there are not enough charges. I did notice he casts it immediately once there are 5 charges. But I agree it’s annoying and I would like to find some way to stop it.

What should happen is when there are not enough charges for Blood Tap and nothing else can be done (abilities) the character should be auto swinging and not going spastic as it were lol. But the other thing I noticed the auto swings do happen so there is no dps loss there. By the way I made a 2 hotbar macro set for Unholy, check it out.

So I have been using the original macro posted in this thread with minor modification. It works seamlessly as long as you are hit capped. I use a 2h weapon. Here it is.

Macro 1:

#showtooltips Obliterate
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast, Plague Strike,null
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Raise Dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Frost Strike
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/use 13
/use 14
/changeactionbar 2

Macro 2:

#showtooltip Plague Leech
/castsequence reset=5 Plague Leech,Plague Strike,Plague Leech,Outbreak
/startattack
/changeactionbar 1

So in macro 2 I sequenced the second Plague Leech followed by Outbreak and this way outbreak gets use every cooldown. At <= 35% i switch to different set of macro which has Soul Reaper in the priority list.

I am at ilvl 478 and not doing that great on boss fights. Pulling around 60-65k. The thing I noticed in recount for single target boss fights is that I do more damage with FS then HB or Ob, which are competing for second spot. Is this normal? I was under the impression that Ob should be at #1 for damage done and then FS followed by HB as long as the priority is followed. I am not seeing these numbers. Any one else seeing the same things? Thanks for your input.