Truly Lazy 1Button Frost Mage 5.4 Spam Awesomeness

I am very proud of this one. My primary goal was to completely eliminate thought and make this a true lazy macro! No reacting to procs. No Invocation. No pressing alt to do another function. And so on.

It took a good bit of out-of-the-box application and testing, but the result made it worth it. This is for those times you don’t necessarily care to top the charts, but guess what? You still often will anyway because it’s just pretty swell like that!

#showtooltip Frostfire Bolt
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Ice Barrier
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Ice Ward
/castsequence [combat]reset=0.3 0,Frozen Orb
/castsequence reset=5/target Nether Tempest,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Nether Tempest,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/use [combat]Mirror Image
/castsequence reset=target Ice Lance,Alter Time,null
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Talents: 3/3/2/2/1/3
Majors: Splitting Ice, Icy Veins, FrostFire Bolt
I keep pet on assist vs doing /petattack
Feel free to remove mirror/altertime/etc if you want less RNG and more control. I am just keeping it truly lazy!

“No Frostbolt?! Blasphemy!” Noper! Remember, my intent is a truly lazy macro that requires no thought. Just spam one button and do great dps. I found if I kept Frostbolt, I missed way too many procs while it was casting. Going Frostfire only, FFB either casts instantly if there’s a proc, or (glyphed) casts almost as fast as Frostbolt for only a smidge less damage.

Try this macro on a dummy and notice how reliably Nether Tempest stays on your target close to 100% of the time, yet will also not overlap or be wasted any significant amount. Lockups? None. Change targets? No problemo. I have tried to produce lockups or issues
and it just does not happen

Try it! Feedback and suggestions are welcome as well! Enjoy!

I am only level 52 on my mage, so had to take out the Nether Tempest, as it was hanging the macro. But, afterwards, it worked fantastic! Thanks a bunch =)

If only mages could move and cast lol!

Yeah I included Ice Floes for that reason. With this macro, the only thought in play, is fight mechanics, and spamming this one button. If you have to move, there’s a decent chance Ice Floes will be active, so your cast would not be interrupted. Worse case, your cast is interrupted and you resume when you stop.

Any testing in a pvp situation?

Ok, I looked at the macro some, and realized, it works great, but I don’t have most of the abilities yet =(

I changed the macro, and use frostbolt instead, since until lvl 77, it’s probably better.

Here is a simpliied, leveling macro, based off Chris S’s sweet macro.

#showtooltip Frostbolt
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Lifeblood
/castsequence reset=5/target Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostbolt,Ice Lance
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins

Lifeblood is off the GCD so can be towards the end

/use Lifeblood or /use [combat]Lifeblood

But yea this was designed for a 90 doing LFR or flex and wants to pay little attention :slight_smile: but I’m glad to see its also effective before you have all the abilities.

Anyone have issues or suggestions? Ideally if anyone has had better results with rearranging the lances and FFBs or something like that. I could imagine it could vary based on gear. This seemed ideal for my 545 mage as well as my other mage who is in the 520s

Chris,or anyone else, I am sorry about my ignorance but could you please explain your talent tree a bit more: I am assuming it to be frost (Talents: 3/3/2/2/1/3) but then I am lost here…partly that I am not to familiar with the newest talent trees. But would like to give it a try.

Thank you.

Update:

Over the last couple months I have tweaked this further and made it even lazier by adding auto-buff, auto-summon new pet if pet is dead, and quick tag (example: Huolon is at 15% health and you are ALMOST there)

I also switched to Living Bomb, and removed Ice Barrier and Ward, to increase dps. Feel free to keep those in the macro if you want them of course. Or do like me, and have two separate macros. One which is more pure dps oriented, and one with defensive abilities in the mix.

Finally, I removed the Alter Time line entirely. I found it was happening too often at not-ideal moments :slight_smile:

/petassist
/castsequence reset=combat/5 Ice Lance,Arcane Brilliance,Alchemist's Flask,Crystal of Insanity,null
/castsequence [nopet]reset=0.3 0,0,0,Summon Water Elemental
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Incanter's Ward
/castsequence reset=target/5 Living Bomb,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Living Bomb,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins

To answer the post above me, just make sure to select applicable talents that the macro has, so in this case, Ice Floes, Incanter’s Ward, and Living Bomb. The other talents can be whatever. GL

You can replace any references to Living Bomb, Nether Tempest, or whatever the frost one is I can’t think of right now with ‘Mage Bomb’.

hey chris nice work. after months of deliberation i decided to come back to the game and had thought about picking up my mage again. Plan on playing on ptr since its free to see how the game feels since i’ve been gone since late 5.2 early 5.3 before i feel comfortable dishing out for a subscription and then regret it lol.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Incanter’s Ward
/castsequence reset=5/target Nether Tempest,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Nether Tempest,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance
/use [combat]Ice Floes
/use [combat]Icy Veins
/castsequence reset=target Ice Lance,Alter Time,null

i’ve tried this along with other macros in the forum and not one of them will fire frozen orb for me. there are no lock ups and everything else seems to work. suggestions?

This macro is freaking epic! Thank you Chris for making my life easier! :slight_smile:

I have tried to create this macro but !! my macro is limited to 255 characters and it doesn’t work any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the forum Tony Moyse.

You need to install an AddOn, like Super Duper Macro, which allows you to make large macros. The normal Wow API/UI doesn’t allow macros to be larger, so you need an Addon.

Have fun, very nice macro. I still use it =)