Unholy Swap 6.0.2 - Because It's The Only Way

Hello Fellow DKs,

Unfortunately, despite everyone’s attempt to revive the priority scripts (leading 0s or 1,2,3,4,etc), they still do not work. If it works for you, chances are it is only casting the longest /castsequence on the bottom and you don’t realize it’s not using the other /castsequences.

Anyhow, on with the show.

-INTRODUCTION-

As an unholy DK, we have a few things we need to manage, such as preventing Festering Strike from using 2 Death Runes and storing Runic Power while Dark Transformation is on your pet. Otherwise, the rotation is pretty simple. Below you will find my 6 macros for 6 hotbars for use in the hotbar swapping method with modifying keys. These modifying keys are:

1)Ctrl - Held to use Scourge Strike over Festering Strike when you feel like Festering Strike may waste 2 Death Runes.
2)Alt - Held to prevent the use of Death Coil(Spending Runic Power) while your pet is under the affects of Dark Transformation and unable to benefit from Shadow Infusion procs from Death Coil.
3)Shift - Reapply diseases if you had to switch targets for too long or they fell off for some other reason.

That being said, there are some preliminary changes you may need to make to your keybinds to prevent things from breaking when you press Alt or Ctrl. As an example: If you use slot 1 on your hotbar for these macros and you have that bound to 1 on your keyboard, you will be pressing Shift+1, Ctrl+1, Alt+1, or any combination of the mods+1. That means you will need to unbind anything set to those variations. Off the top of my head, shift+1 would swap to the first hotbar and ctrl+1 would try to activate the first slot on your pet bar. These will need to be unbound so that your macro can proceed unhindered. I would also check to make sure that nothing is bound to mod+WASD, so that may move without setting anything off. I know that at least Ctrl+S is bound to disable sounds; this won’t hinder your movement but it may be annoying and something else may.

-SPEC AND MACROS-

My current spec is 3,3,1,3,1,2

Glyphs - Coming Soon

Bar 1:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Outbreak; [mod:ctrl/alt] Outbreak
/castsequence [mod:shift] Icy Touch, Plague Strike
/cast Anti-Magic Shell
/swapactionbar 1 2

Bar 2:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Dark Transformation; [mod:ctrl/alt] Dark Transformation
/swapactionbar 2 3

Bar 3:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Scourge Strike; [mod:ctrl/alt] Scourge Strike
/swapactionbar 3 4

Bar 4:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Summon Gargoyle; [mod:ctrl/alt] Summon Gargoyle
/swapactionbar 4 5

Bar 5:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Festering Strike; [mod:ctrl] Scourge Strike; [mod:alt] Festering Strike
/swapactionbar 5 6

Bar 6:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Death Coil
/swapactionbar 6 1

-INSTRUCTIONS-

The way these works are as follows:

1. Spam the macro on the button of your choice, it will do everything you innately need it to do and provides enough DPS for the super lazy.

2. If your Diseases fall off, hold shift until it applies both again. When you hold shift, Icy Touch and Plague Strike are the ONLY spells it will try to cast. Make sure you let go after they apply so you may continue on your merry way.

3. When your pet gains Dark Transformation, hold Alt to save your runic power for when he is back to normal. You may also let go of Alt if you gain Sudden Doom or if your Runic Power is about to cap. This will allow you to save runic power without wasting Sudden Doom procs or capping your Runic Power. When your pet goes back to normal, let go of Alt and prosper.

4. When Festering Strike is cast for the first time, and some subsequent times, it is possible for the converted runes to reactivate at the exact same time. If this happens, there is a chance that Festering Strike will reuse those Death Runes which should be spent on Scourge Strike. To prevent this when you see it may happen or whenever you have 2 Death Runes up/reactivating, hold Ctrl to replace Festering Strike with Scourge Strike. This can be used while you are holding Alt as well. After you spend one of the two runes on Scourge strike, feel free to let go and it will automatically use the other one properly.

-CONCLUSION-

The only things this macro does not contain, which I suggest managing yourself, is Soul Reaper and Empowered Rune Weapon. If you really want to use Empowered Rune Weapon in a macro, add /cast Empowered Rune Weapon to a macro of your choice.

Other than that, there you have it. If you feel more comfortable holding Ctrl during Dark Transformation, just swap ctrl and alt in Bar/Macro 5. Or, if you feel more comfortable holding shift, you’ll have to change shift in the first macro to ctrl or alt, and replace all of the ctrl or alt (whichever you put in macro 1) with shift.

TLDR; I understand this is a LOT to read, Try the macros, if you realize things are going absolutely apesh*t/not working, or if you want to maximize your DPS with the mod options, go back and read it!

Disclaimer: I’ve never raided/grouped as Unholy, I’ve legitimately only been specced unholy for about 2 hours at the time of writing this. I am human, I make mistakes, but I think I have a pretty solid understanding of how Unholy works. If you see anything that you don’t understand, or if you have any better suggestions, please post!

Happy Macroing Everyone!

Brilliant work! getting 15k dps on the 90 boss dummys at 571 ilvl.

Bad ass! I’m 554 and only do just over 6k with it. Either I suck at using my own macros or the gear makes a huge difference lol.

Which dummy are you attacking specifically? One of the level 90 ones in the moon/star temple?

2 changes I added/made to my swaps:
For sub 35% on the target, switched to a 2nd set of swaps.
Replaced swap 2 with:

/use [nomod]Soul Reaper;[mod:ctrl/alt]Soul Reaper
/swapactionbar 3 4

and swapped 5 with:

/use [nomod]Festering Strike;[mod:ctrl]Soul Reaper;[mod:alt]Festering Strike
/swapactionbar 5 6

Thoughts?

Thinking a 3rd set of swaps for Death Strike for ohscheeet self-heals might also be useful for soloing/etc, replacing Soul Reaper (in above sub 35 swaps) with Death Strike.

Edit: Also, took out all the #showtooltips b/c it’s bad enough seeing the bars flicker. Seeing the tooltip windows flashing was too much. Also for swap 1, added in targeting/pet assist (in case it was on anything but assist) and removed AMS (prefer to use when needed):

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petassist
/use [nomod]Outbreak;[mod:ctrl/alt]Outbreak
/castsequence [mod:shift]Icy Touch,Plague Strike
/swapactionbar 1 2

[quote quote=17677]2 changes I added/made to my swaps:
For sub 35% on the target, switched to a 2nd set of swaps.
Replaced swap 2 with:

/use [nomod]Soul Reaper;[mod:ctrl/alt]Soul Reaper
/swapactionbar 3 4

and swapped 5 with:

/use [nomod]Festering Strike;[mod:ctrl]Soul Reaper;[mod:alt]Festering Strike
/swapactionbar 5 6

Thoughts?

Thinking a 3rd set of swaps for Death Strike for ohscheeet self-heals might also be useful for soloing/etc, replacing Soul Reaper (in above sub 35 swaps) with Death Strike.

Edit: Also, took out all the #showtooltips b/c it’s bad enough seeing the bars flicker. Seeing the tooltip windows flashing was too much. Also for swap 1, added in targeting/pet assist (in case it was on anything but assist) and removed AMS (prefer to use when needed):

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/petassist
/use [nomod]Outbreak;[mod:ctrl/alt]Outbreak
/castsequence [mod:shift]Icy Touch,Plague Strike
/swapactionbar 1 2

[/quote]

You can also actually remove Icy Touch from macro 1, forgot/didn’t notice that plague strike applies both diseases. Otherwise, I think I did the same thing for Soul Reaper in one rendition.

After raiding and doing a lot of killing, I actually went with something a lot more simple that seems to work for me. I decided to just manually use Festering Strike to convert blood/frost runes, and gave up on managing runic power/pet buffs and just let Death Coil fire at will in the macro. My Macros look like this now:

#showtooltip
/cast Outbreak
/cast Anti-Magic Shell
/swapactionbar 1 2

#showtooltip
/cast Dark Transformation
/swapactionbar 2 3

#showtooltip
/cast Scourge Strike
/swapactionbar 3 4

#showtooltip
/cast Summon Gargoyle
/swapactionbar 4 5

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Death Coil
/swapactionbar 5 1

It’s far more simple and seems to get the job done. I manually use Festering Strike, plague strike, and Soul Reaper when needed. With 555ish ilvl I am getting 10k+ in raids and 6.5k on a level 90 dummy.

Greate macro, everything works but when i hold shift NOTHING happens… my character just stands there and does basics… solutions anyone?:slight_smile:

Great macro, works like a charm! I have only a question about that. There’s a way to back to the bar1 when the I’m not pressing the macro’s button? If during the combat I need to use any other abilities on bar1 I have to stop casting and manually back to bar1.
I’m using bartender4.

Thanks for any hint