Veneance DH GSSE Macro Sequence

I Have looked all thru the gs and gsse macros for vengeance dh on this site and just haven’t really been satisfied. I have read so many comments about what skills should or shouldn’t be in the macro and the reasons for such comments. Everybody has their own opinions and needs when it comes to playing their toons. With that in mind, I offer my solution.

This sequence, along with talent choices and artifact traits, takes into account the following:

• threat generation and threat maintenance
  • survivability
  • moderate single target dps
  • burst dps
  • huge aoe dps

Another thing this macro was designed for is the need to change talents on the fly. Certain fights present a need for different abilities and with the use of a codex, you can make changes on the fly without having to load or use a different sequence. :slight_smile:

Talents (w/options):
My current talent configurations :

• DPS 2311211

• Survivability 2111231

• Balanced 2111211

Artifact Traits :
At this time in the expansion, you should be close to having your artifact traits all learned, or have all of your elite traits learned. I am missing just 1 elite trait but only by a few points… In any case, if you don’t have all your traits, this is my current trait setup. Keep in mind that I did not follow the cookie-cutter guide to my artifact. I did what I needed, to counter the huge damage that we vengeance demon hunters take, as I progressed.

Tormented Souls	        1
	Infernal Force	        3
	Defensive Spikes	1
	Embrace the Pain	3
	Devour Souls	        3
	Will of the Illidari	3
	Shatter the Souls	3
	Honed Warblades	        4
	Painbringer	        1
	Charred Warblades	1
	Aura of Pain	        3
	Siphon Power	        1
	Fiery Demise	        3

How I use this setup
I keep my mitigation skills on separate buttons and out of my sequence so that I can use them as needed, instead of them being used when not needed and not having them when needed. Furthermore, even though I have Soul Cleave in my sequence, I keep it on my actionbar. With this setup, you will have plenty of fragments laying around and it is handy to be able to use Soul Cleave as needed for those ‘Oh Sh*t’ situations.

My talent choice for tier 7 was Last Resort. This is pretty nice, given artifact traits and with relics that increase the effect of your Metamorphosis. Currently, with my setup for artifact and relics, if I was to be hit by a blow that would kill me, my metamorphosis automatically goes off and heals me to around 50% health. unbuffed, given my current gear, that is almost 1.7 mil health, which is nice and allows me to adjust, make changes and self heal. Even still, I have metamorphosis on my action bar because you can still use it without fear of it not being available in case you were to be hit with a blow that would kill you. I mainly use it for times that I know I am about to receive large amounts of damage. It is nice to go into an AOE pull with just over 5 mil health. Your survivability goes way up.

Anyways, lets get to the macro… if you have any question, please feel free to ask. Cheers!

Macro :

Sequences['VengeanceAIO'] = {
author='Illithid#1351',
specID=581,
version=1,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2?????1",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:3/1] !Felblade",
"/cast [nochanneling] Shear",
"/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:6/1] Fel Devastation",
"/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
"/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:6/3] Spirit Bomb",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:2/3] Fiery Brand",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:3/3] Fel Eruption",
PostMacro=[[
/cast Fiery Brand
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I would love to try your macro, but it locks up and won’t even go into combat. Is it working for you? I didn’t change anything, just plopped it into GSSE and imported it. When I enter a fight; nada. Won’t even cast a spell.

did you copy paste? it is probably a problem with the quote marks…

open the in-game editor and put in the following :

PreMacro

Sequence

/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive
/cast [nochanneling,talent:3/1] Felblade
/cast [nochanneling] Shear
/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver
/cast [nochanneling,talent:6/1] Fel Devastation
/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave
/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura
/cast [nochanneling,talent:6/3] Spirit Bomb
/cast [nochanneling,talent:2/3] Fiery Brand
/cast [nochanneling,talent:3/3] Fel Eruption

Postmacro
/cast Fiery Brand

Try that and see if it works. Im not having any issues with it. On occassion the icon won’t change, but am still going thru the sequence. That is graphical tho.

That did solve the problem of it not casting, although using your DPS talent setup I am barely getting 60k dps on a training dummy. ilvl 844

that maybe due to stats and gearing. I can around 160k - 180k dps on a single target. On AOE pulls I have spiked just over 2 mil dps, but average about 550k dps (for AOE). I am 865 ilvl.

Is there any way to incorporate Demon Spikes in the macro? and if so what would it look like?

Thanks

There is a way to do that, but I would advise against it. There is no way to prevent the sequence from using both charges of demon spikes. That is why I didn’t include it. You will want to keep it out of the macro to ensure that you have your active mitigation when you really need it…

In case you don’t care and still want it in the sequence…

Sequences['VengeanceAIO'] = {
author='Illithid#1351',
specID=581,
version=1,
source = "Local",
helpTxt = "Talents: 2?????1",
icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
lang="enUS",
PreMacro=[[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
"/cast [nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:3/1] !Felblade",
"/cast [nochanneling] Shear",
"/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:6/1] Fel Devastation",
"/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
"/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:6/3] Spirit Bomb",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:2/3] Fiery Brand",
"/cast [nochanneling,talent:3/3] Fel Eruption",
PostMacro=[[
/cast Fiery Brand
/cast Demon Spikes
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Ok Thanks a lot Jeff

How do you manage your sigils? Use them to pull? During a pull?

Sigil of Flame is used for AOE and when it is off CD.
I use sigil of silence after an AOE pull to silence everything grouped by sigil of chains.
I rarely use sigil of misery

Hello there! any tips on an good key delay for this macro?

Trying that one out now - thanks

Just dropping by to say I love the write up. I wish you’d do it for havoc as well.