Vengeance Bomb

EDIT 3/16/18: Back to the Bomb, more DPS, more HPS, more Uber Strike Stacks.

Reflect the pain inside you upon your enemies. Amplify it. Concentrate it. Make them consumed by it.

Sequences['EX_Vengeance_Bomb'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03.
  Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "1222131",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/vengeance-bomb/",
  Help = [[Hold SHIFT for Sigil of Silence
Hold CTRL for Sigil of Misery
Hold ALT for your OH SNAP, SAVE MUHSELF Firey Brand and Metamorphosis combo]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Throw Glaive, null",
        "/cast [mod:shift, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl, @player,combat] Sigil of Misery",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Fiery Brand",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Metamorphosis",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Spirit Bomb",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Fracture",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Shear",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Sigil of Flame",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Soul Carver",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Demon Spikes",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling, @player] Infernal Strike",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Empower Wards",
      },
    },
  },
}

This macro will attempt to allow you to tank effectively and resiliently while maintaining your key attribute as a Demon Hunter: mobility. It does this by using talents like Concentrated Sigils for AoE crowd control and threat generation, healing via Shear and Spirit Bomb, and a last-ditch survival proc with Last Resort. With this you should be very tasty target for the enemy.

There are some ALT, CTRL and SHIFT commands available if you want to use them. If you want an AoE silence or interrupt, hold SHIFT for a Sigil of Silence at your feet. If fighting trash and want to reduce incoming damage, hold CTRL for Sigil of Misery. If you find yourself about to die, anticipating a large damage spike, or are just panicking, hold ALT for Firey Brand and Metamorphosis.

Some things to note are the macro’s use of Throw Glaive and Infernal Strike:
Throw Glaive will now automatically fire once per new target choice. In other words Throw Glaive will be tossed out to your target and up to two other nearby mobs and help lock their threat onto you, but won’t fire again unless you target something else. This allows you to have it available should a mob peel off or adds arrive in a fight, but otherwise not use it constantly. This will be most noticeable in multi-tank fights where Throw Glaive can accidentally steal threat when it’s not wanted. As long as you’re not changing targets Throw Glaive won’t fire.

Infernal Strike, however, is used on cooldown. While it is nice to be able to leap onto peeled mobs or new targets, it is better suited for fight engagement and threat output of mobs that are already on you. Target any new mobs and let Throw Glaive pick them up. If the consensus is that you want a charge of Infernal Strike always available, however, we can always revisit this.

Macro Notes
This macro uses talent choices that are designed to work best in all situations. I have chosen ones that will maximize your threat while also maximizing your survivability.

I have also designed this macro to be spammed at whatever milliseconds that works for you, or manually tapped.

Talents and Explanation
Abyssal Strike - Your hallmark as a Demon Hunter is your mobility, so let’s not sacrifice that. You sacrificed everything else already. This will allow you to jump around more and further to engage fights and grab stray mobs, should you have a charge available. This is also the highest damage-dealing talent of this tier.

Fallout - This talent synergizes with Feed the Demon making it a clear survival winner.

Flame Crash - You want to Infernal Strike a lot, so this helps make that a threat locker for anything that might not be targeting you.

Fracture - Fracture is necessary for setting us up the bomb. The lesser soul fragments it generates will synergize with Spirit Bomb for both an increase in damage and healing when the bomb goes off. It is also the only talent in this tier that generates damage, and with Spirit Bomb’s buff that DPS is further translated into healing.

Concentrated Sigils - You can play a bit here, but I prefer this talent for the longer AoE threat generation and damage. This applies to the sigil your Infernal Strike deposits as well, so you can fill in any gaps with that.

Spirit Bomb - Focusing on a new rotation Spirit Bomb should now fire properly, making this the superior choice once again. SB does two things: Deal damage and heal. More importantly, you heal for each enemy you bomb, as you damage for each enemy you bomb. It’s the best talent for any situation.

(Your Choice) - Choose what you prefer. I choose Last Resort as the others in this tier seem almost worthless with this setup. Why not just not die?

Known Issues

1. None.

DPS Numbers
Wrong spec for that. If you’re worried about DPS as a tank, don’t tank. While it’s true Vengeance DPS can also translate into heals, it’s not their primary purpose. Instead yell at your DPS to do their jobs. Remember the tank motto: If the tank dies it’s the healer’s fault. If the healer dies it’s the tank’s fault. If the DPS dies it’s their own damn fault.

AskMrRobot
AMR’s auto-balancing and itemization engine should not be overlooked. Squeeze out your best stats.

BONUS - ADDONS
Advanced Interface Options (POSSIBLE DPS INCREASE)
Users have reported that by installing this addon and unchecking the item “Secure Ability Toggle” you will see a DPS increase. Personally, this seems to be the case. Target dummy damage increased by 5k and raid damage increased by 20k. Your mileage may vary.

Old Macro in case you don’t like the new direction.

Sequences['EX_Turned_Vengeance'] = {
  Author="Violetita@Quel'dorei and Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "1221121",
  Help = [[Hold SHIFT for Sigil of Silence
Hold CTRL for Sigil of Misery
Hold ALT for your OH SNAP, SAVE MUHSELF Firey Brand and Metamorphosis combo]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/castsequence  reset=target  Throw Glaive, null",
        "/cast [mod:shift, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence",
        "/cast [mod:ctrl, @player,combat] Sigil of Misery",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Fiery Brand",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Metamorphosis",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Shear",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Sigil of Flame",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Demon Spikes",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling, @player] Infernal Strike",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Empower Wards",
      },
    },
  },
}

893 item level, no legendaries, just two-maned Darkheart Thicket with no healer. Just saying.

Spirit bomb just does not manage to fire off well enough

Remove fiery brand i dont even use sigal of flames and i can pull 6-700k dps

But im also 967

Why do you care about DPS? This is a tank spec. Those abilities generate threat.

Fiery brand is a defensive cool down it’s not about dps you want to maximize self healing and mitigation.

Right. Which is why you confuse me talking about DPS and taking out the defensive abilities. If you want to save Fiery Brand as a survival CD that’s fine, feel free to do so, but it’s not used that way by raid tanks, at least not the ones that post logs. It puts too much stress on the healers not to toss it in on CD. Empower Wards and Metamorphosis are generally the ones that are saved in reserve.

As for Spirit Bomb it should be firing whenever there are 4-5 charges to suck up. If it’s not doing it enough, either increase your spam rate or lower the loop count. I designed this running at 80ms, but find your sweet spot.

Actually if you use fiery brand when aggramar uses foebreaker you won’t get face fked you stay at mostly full health combine that with the tanking boots and resets the cool down of fiery brand much faster raid tanks do you use and it’s on my logs … I’m not trying to flame you by any means but you clearly need a better understanding of your class before you start spouting things off

I’m 11/11 heroic with dps in the 65% percentile and healing in the 90% for every fight and I use fiery brand as a in between cool down when meta is not up.

Whoa, calm down there :slight_smile:

I have already posted something helpful about this topic in discord and the way to play the class.

[quote quote=56867]Actually if you use fiery brand when aggramar uses foebreaker you won’t get face fked you stay at mostly full health combine that with the tanking boots and resets the cool down of fiery brand much faster raid tanks do you use and it’s on my logs … I’m not trying to flame you by any means but you clearly need a better understanding of your class before you start spouting things off
I’m 11/11 heroic with dps in the 65% percentile and healing in the 90% for every fight and I use fiery brand as a in between cool down when meta is not up.
[/quote]

Oh. We’re going to talk about learning to play. On a macro forum. How quaint.

What you are saying and claiming is wrong on a few levels. But this is the internet and you’re not going to hear me out unless I link sources, and even then it’s not likely. That’s okay, but let’s have some fun and go down the rabbit hole a bit.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/17

Take a look at this. Filter out to Vengeance. Look at the top 10 Vengeance raiders in all of WoW, world-wide. Go on. I’ll wait.

Now, expand their fight data. Any fight. Look at their rotation. Find their mitigation cooldowns. Look at all of them. Now, this part requires a bit of math-which I did-but feel free to do your own, take the cooldown of any given mitigation talent, divide it by the times it’s used in a fight, and adjust for legendaries and items that reduce those CDs. Scribble it out on paper if you need to. What did you find?

What I found is that 10 out 10 of the top raiders of the world use Fiery Brand on cooldown. Metamorph is used in combination with other raid effects, such as Cy pointed out above, and usually after damage has been taken. Soul Bomb is used regularly (hard to tell the stacks, but Icy-veins suggests around 5). Empower Wards is used pre-preemptively on phase.

I would argue that these players know how to play their class, would you agree?

So, if you have a problem with my design philosophy I can respect that and let you move on to your own things, but you are on a macro forum aimed at helping those who can’t play the classes they want to play as easily as you can. This may be due to disability, or they may be casual players with lives to tend to and just want to relax with WoW. Maybe they are like me and just don’t want to fall back into that “raiding is my job” mindset I used to have (if you want to talk tanking credentials I could bring up all my Wrath accomplishments, back when mechanics were much harder, and that I was paid to play back then, but really that’s not important now is it).

If what you do works for you, great. No need to bash someone trying to help others achieve some level of competency. I’ll continue looking over my logs and adjusting macros to fit the meta or near-meta while you luck by with whatever you’re doing.

Now, let’s move on. If anyone has something constructive to say please do so. If you’ve seen my other threads you know I’m open to constructive criticism. But if you are going to insist on flaming or harassing me and touting your own anecdotal experience as evidence, or demand the perfect from me, I will delete your posts and ban your account. I’m done with the toxicity.

It’s as i said before The only thing i would remove was Fiery Brand Its a Huge incoming damage CD weather it be mythic plus or not Everybody has there own play style

Best of luck and i look foward to providing ( useful ) input on future macros.

For the record.

I did test this in the Demon hunter class hall.

Your macro my gear and it only made it to 70 stacks

My Macro my gear 110 stacks. ( and i use Fiery Brand for incoming Damage CD )

if i took out sigil of flame from the main macro would the macro still work or would it just end up breaking it?

EDIT: i also noticed spirit bomb is not going off often, i will just sit there with 5 orbs for a while unless i manually use it.

EDIT 2: i added spirit bomb and a extra shear into the main rot and now i am just trying to twink it so it works flawlessly “almost got it”

EDIT 3: so i removed the extra shear and finally found the sweet spot in the main macro for spirit bomb

[quote quote=56883]if i took out sigil of flame from the main macro would the macro still work or would it just end up breaking it?
EDIT: i also noticed spirit bomb is not going off often, i will just sit there with 5 orbs for a while unless i manually use it.
EDIT 2: i added spirit bomb and a extra shear into the main rot and now i am just trying to twink it so it works flawlessly “almost got it”
EDIT 3: so i removed the extra shear and finally found the sweet spot in the main macro for spirit bomb
[/quote]

Yes, you can remove it without issue.

It’s set to go off after 5 complete rotations of the main macro. It’s about 5 charges if I run at 80ms. How did you add it to get what you needed?

Hi there,

Not tried the macro yet but I like the how you have explained everything and you have made me want to switch from my havoc DH. Ive never tanked before Ive always played DPS. I’m rubbish at rotations it just confuses me pressing multiple buttons. This could be down to my dyslexia or just maybe I’m a rubbish player. This site helps me enjoy a game I would normally be very bad at.

Any how, thank you for your macro and the work you put in, the majority of us users are extremely grateful

EDIT: Is it possible to change modifier from shift to ctrl? For some reason whenever there is a shift modifier they don’t work for me

[quote quote=56930]Hi there,
Not tried the macro yet but I like the how you have explained everything and you have made me want to switch from my havoc DH. Ive never tanked before Ive always played DPS. I’m rubbish at rotations it just confuses me pressing multiple buttons. This could be down to my dyslexia or just maybe I’m a rubbish player. This site helps me enjoy a game I would normally be very bad at.
Any how, thank you for your macro and the work you put in, the majority of us users are extremely grateful
EDIT: Is it possible to change modifier from shift to ctrl? For some reason whenever there is a shift modifier they don’t work for me
[/quote]

You are more than welcome and I appreciate the comment. Please do try this macro and let me know if it’s not fitting the needs as a tank.

Yes, you can change the mod command to any modifier key you want. However, if it’s bound to anything else (if CTRL is bound to another skill or macro) you will have trouble, so just make sure it’s the only one.

In other news, I just used this macro to successfully complete the Mage Tower challenge. It was still hard, and I'm only 903 item level, but it only took me the better part of an hour of attempts to get it. It ended up being easier than my DK tank run of the same challenge.

Hi i’m Høst.

This is some amazing macro’working EnyxLHQ, my friend !

Let me introduce you to my gaming style which might seems a bit weird to y’all but still very enjoyable once you get used to it.

I’m a Vengeance fan, a pure one, as it is right now me and a few of my friends are enjoying farming 15-20 M+ Keys on all tank runs, in time. We’ve even rammed Antorus Normal on a full tank run, No healer, No dps, only Tanks, which was pretty much in the time and wipeless on any boss.

I’ve tried your macro, which i know, is made specialy for TANKING and generating aggro without too much of a grinding DPS output. However, since you seems more than skilled at working up macros like this one, i would ENJOY you to be my pimp by making me the favor to make me one of those EPIC Bursting Macro, something that would fit around this specific pattern you’re using but which will maximize that EPIC dps output.

If im looking to MAXIMIZE the dps output on Vengeance spec, on which stats should i put focus besides that 15% HASTE requirement for the double sigil of flame gap ?

I have penty of questions, but as i’m main french, it’s kinda hard for me to make myself more understandable than this.

Waiting on your reply my friend !

Great work btw.
I’ve used an old existing Macro that was already existing in my files to make a new one within it.
Nothing official on this one, yet, still working on it !
If you could give me a lil’hand to workup something clean, i would be amazed to see the results you’d pull out of it.

Sequences['AAA_Vengeance'] = {
  Author="Rocktris",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "?,?,?,?,?,?,?",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      Trinket2=true,
      Belt=true,
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [@player] Infernal Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sigil of Flame",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Spirit Bomb",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Empower wards",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Shear",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
        "/cast [@player] Infernal Strike",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Sigil of Flame",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Shear",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

And on the /macro icons this is what i’ve put in:

/cast Demon Spikes
/cast Empower Wards
/cast fiery brand
/click AAA_Vengeance
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Using these on a iL968 DH’V’
4 T21 Pieces.
Memento + Golganeth’s Vitality

My main stats are:
42K Agi
45% Crit
16% Haste
24% Mastery
11% Versatility

Talents are: 1,2,2,1,1,3,1

[quote quote=56960]Hi i’m Høst.
This is some amazing macro’working EnyxLHQ, my friend !
Let me introduce you to my gaming style which might seems a bit weird to y’all but still very enjoyable once you get used to it.
I’m a Vengeance fan, a pure one, as it is right now me and a few of my friends are enjoying farming 15-20 M+ Keys on all tank runs, in time. We’ve even rammed Antorus Normal on a full tank run, No healer, No dps, only Tanks, which was pretty much in the time and wipeless on any boss.

If im looking to MAXIMIZE the dps output on Vengeance spec, on which stats should i put focus besides that 15% HASTE requirement for the double sigil of flame gap ?
I have penty of questions, but as i’m main french, it’s kinda hard for me to make myself more understandable than this.
Waiting on your reply my friend !
[Truncated for size][/quote]

Greetings and well met. Well, isn’t this intimidating. Mythic +15-20. I don’t even know how to respond.

Uh, well, I think Cymiryc’s macro would be a good place to start. He built his to get some DPS out of it. I think the only real difference is that I don’t have Infernal Strike on cooldown in mine so you can still jump around if you need to. I have it on SHIFT, though, but you can’t keep it held down the whole time.

Try his out and see. If that’s still not quite right report back and I’ll see what I can do.

All Tank Karazhan M+20

That would be a Soul Bomb Spam macro, but the main thing to put in front of this is that with immolation aura and sigil of flames you get that non-stop epic life regen and you can Soul cleave on will for constant life sustain.

Wish i could find a macro that would fit the one that i’ve shared upper :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote quote=56968]All Tank Karazhan M+20
That would be a Soul Bomb Spam macro, but the main thing to put in front of this is that with immolation aura and sigil of flames you get that non-stop epic life regen and you can Soul cleave on will for constant life sustain.
Wish i could find a macro that would fit the one that i’ve shared upper ???
[/quote]

Okay, I’ll look into this a bit later.

New test.

This one rolls in Infernal Strike into the rotation, but times it out so that you will only spend one every 12 or so seconds. This will increase your DPS over the previous macro while also keeping you an Infernal Strike available, or very close to being available, to catch running mobs or a new fight.

Also, the casting frequency of Spirit Bomb has been increased to deal with this new rotation.

This lasted 32 stacks of Uber Strike from the Raider’s training dummy and did DPS within 4-5% of sims (470k to 480k out of 500k for my ilvl 905 and talents). If I use the remaining Infernal Strike on CD manually I do within 2% of sims (490k).

Please let me know how this works.

Sequences['EX_Vengeance'] = {
  Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "122233?",
  Help = [[Run at 30m.]],
  Default=1,
  Icon='ability_demonhunter_spectank',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
     Combat=true,
      LoopLimit=1,
      KeyPress={
        "/cast [mod:alt] Demonic Infusion",
        "/cast [mod:alt] Soul Barrier",
        "/cast [mod:alt, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence",
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/use Spirit Bomb",
      },
        "/cast Fracture",
        "/cast Soul Carver",
        "/castsequence [combat, @player] Infernal Strike, Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [@player,combat] Sigil Of Flame",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Fracture",
        "/cast Shear",
        "/cast Demon Spikes",
        "/cast Fiery Brand",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

I’ve been trying it in a few Tank Runs with my DH Buddies but the result was horrible for some reason, i was far behind them on Recount. Talking about this specific macro you’ve just shared to me:

Sequences['EX_Vengeance'] = { -- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.2.03. Author="Exqarinah@Perenolde", SpecID=581, Talents = "122233?", Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/vengeance-bomb/", Help = [[Run at 30m.]], Default=1, Icon='ability_demonhunter_spectank', MacroVersions = { [1] = { Combat=true, StepFunction = "Sequential", LoopLimit=1, KeyPress={ "/cast [mod:alt] Demonic Infusion", "/cast [mod:alt] Soul Barrier", "/cast [mod:alt, @player,combat] Sigil of Silence", }, PreMacro={ "/use Spirit Bomb", }, "/cast Fracture", "/cast Soul Carver", "/castsequence [combat, @player] Infernal Strike, Immolation Aura", "/cast [@player,combat] Sigil Of Flame", "/cast Shear", "/cast Shear", "/cast Fracture", "/cast Shear", "/cast Demon Spikes", "/cast Fiery Brand", PostMacro={ }, KeyRelease={ }, }, }, }

Whenever people creates macros, they should as well put in their main topic their Going Stats (ie: 42k Agility, 40% Crit, 15% Haste, etc.) That would give a kickstarter to gage with.

However, i’m def not a fan of Ex_Vengeance macro which seems wrong on certain rotations/survivability.