(VIPER/ENIX) Demon Hunter Vengeance AIO

EDIT: 10/27/18: Fixed the macro with my current in-use copy.

Ven_Build

VERSION 2
Check version in macro to make sure it matches to the latest here. If it does then you have the most updated macro

After days and weeks of testing the Vengeance Demon Hunter, we have discussed and come up with the following build that should be suited for all needs. Enix and I have theory tested many training dummies and spent hours on Discord trying to read what the best mitigation, DPS, and cooldown usage for this class. We used Details addon to watch how certain things are being cast and how the resources are best managed. If you’re looking for an excellent understanding of how this class works (we) suggest you check this link out YouTube Video Link This is NOT a min/max guide but more a very detailed overview of how Demon Hunters should be played at the launch of Battle for Azeroth.

Below are some basic things I want to get out of the way

1. Do I use AHK = NO please don’t ask on this post and refer to the Discord channel
  2. I do use Razer/Logitech software. Both are set to 50ms and I set it to spam that button over and over. Both Enix and I agree that the sweet spot is around 80ms, but we suggest you play with the setting based on your latency from 50-100.
  3. I use modifiers please don’t ask me to remove them. If you want them removed just take it out but I strongly suggest you learn to use them to be fast with your class as you’re the tank after all.
  4. Not every spell is on the macros. There are many situational things to cast with Demon Hunters but the majority are in there that you need to tank effectively.
  5. Talent = 1213323 (Yes, you can change them but we don’t recommend it based on how this build is specifically set up. Rest assured that these talents are the most recommended by Icy Veins, Forums, one of the Method guild members.

NOTES ABOUT BUILD
The Vengeance Demon Hunter is a tricky class to GSE. Still, with that being said we had to balance defensive cooldowns, mitigation, DPS, and health regen. We did this in order to prevent the rotation from locking up on us or not casting what we wanted. There are SHIFT, CTRL, and ALT modifiers in the build. The macro has to have Infernal Strike, and Metamorphosis cast manually. The main reason we want this is if an add gets away from you or you need to kite the boss you have them available. The last thing about the build is we have Consume Magic as a modifier. If you install the addon TellMeWhen Addon Link then you can import the code below. It will show you “WHEN” you can dispel from the mob with Consume Magic. At that point, you would hold the consume magic modifier. It’s something a lot of Demon Hunters miss and is very important not only to dispel but it gains us 20 pain.

TellMeWhen & WEAKAURA (Also added auto target to Document)
CLICK HERE - For Google document link of code

AIO MACRO

dy0weaGjrQgfuYPaWQqPzjuTlOu1VuIHbvDmuzzG8mGmnjCnjY2KcFJKmosQZjeADqPCprkdujPdQGfIQQhkrnrPOlcQnkK8rHiJui1jPsRuH8sfkZuKCtaTtr9tQIHkLSuOYtv1urXvfcSvr4RcrnwLeVfGURsQ9szWehMulwk1Jv0KrvCziBwe9zuLgnvPttfVgvLztIBdf7ws)wQgoqDCfQwUs9CbtxLRtvTDOu57cbDEHY(r24mglZzFc4CKgYLHXkHBl40HZURaGLHmg7JgPawXPYN92ZOvq1lyphehiqqGSpAKcy7zzztaNJe8qUmmjTJrcwjCBbJJK0jbo7UcaSSS0iwwwCWdnjPjmZGBQNe(Ht5jYSSS0iww2eW4Expzs4yzzPr0iwwMb(jbloayzjbhmqpjGFsacZma0dUwr75DFsaoKJGHuKuE4zizi3Ke3CuW4YdPi5zW5ogmjmEiHFys8KjbONMUr5cJJg9r7gfdjPrY7WRJcj9KKu2R2PgiblgVobsCcKCDs8disI193Km4bMem92KW7U7dMeFWaqJkZGlfjPrs5En4JbrcqnVotsWQjQTFYKK0RKaxryIH9KuwhosoVobsIqVOkjNxejmiffGOi7fvjXD2RKaUdoqIpyaOrdPyijnsCRjr7QwHK)2o8HiblG6QVwHKPoCK0tsIBnjAx1kK832Hpea23eLu7RCwMZ(hmA620YLuZz)G)5TVTpHBlyCKKojWz3vShOEU7jq7GtVgmglZzmwMZ(LPoCKa1auJc1wgY(LPoCKaHVapeNLbz)Yuhos4uPwvbElxy)YuhosGWdsLAilxY(LPoCb04(O6ercuHQIsfXjbcsDHkvXjbQqvrPcl3W(LPoCKa4SJPT(IVkyfDm0o(SJPT(wtce(IsrSH9JHI1AJcbJXYC2VC6nVOdvryIrcG1Ux9gZAa5bP5zTLHSFzQdxanUpQorKqYgfqxANEZl6iHei8fCLufNKQVIILbz)YuhosaetNhSf86K8ItYQt)DOVxtceEioqQTCH9ltD4ibqmDEWMw5ItYQGv0Xq74ZoM26BnjCQJihhElxY(LPoCKaiMopyBEBL1KaPsniOg2zFQEhCkhmoN9GWB)yOy4qkiDazmwMZ(LPoCKa1auJc12z)FiWr5xNNtVA)Jg3hvphTI9T6HdOEU7gJD2ZSDQ8HoiJF7BTra1ZD3ySmN9ltD4ibcpivq4TZEMTtLp0Xz8BND2dux91kU1dTXou9C6vRTD2zg

Usage Information
VENGEANCE by (VIPER & ENIX)
READ DETAILS BELOW
VERSION 1

TAB (1) REMOVES METAMORPHOSIS MANUAL CAST AND INFERNAL STRIKE TO BE ON MODIFIER
SHIFT = Sigil of Chains (This is to use your AOE mob group up)
CTRL = Consume Magic (Debuff on Enemy. Cast this when the TellMeWhen Icon pops up)
ALT = Infernal Strike (Manual cast of Infernal Strike)

1 Like

Reserved

Reserved #2

Well, this is very impressive, more dps, great healing, took me a little bit to get the hang of infernal strike as a mod, but, awesome work guys!

Thanks, Ulrik we appreciate the compliment. Yeah, would have loved for it to be in the rotation but honestly, with over 60 mythic tank runs (3 diff tanks) and various Heroic/Reg I felt it was best to be left as a mod because you need it in kite situations.

Just started leveling my DH and went with this macro. Simply amazing so far. I had no gear on my 110 Veng DH other than 1 legendary.
Using this for Infernal Strike is useful aswell.
/cast [@cursor] Infernal Strike

It uses the abilities well, demon spikes gets used better not back to back. Have run several dungeons now and it works extremely well.

The macro was designed with some customization in mind. Demon Spikes, for example, if they are firing off too soon you can increase the Inner Loop Limit, or if we pick up an Azerite ability later that adds a charge, we can take advantage with minimal effort.

Awesome, Thank You, changed it a bit as I do not use modifiers, my fingers hurt when I try to get to them so I use numbers instead, seems easier to me.

Code for WeakAuras Consume Magic :

dieYhaqiOuPBbLYUeHFjezyOQoMiAzqvEMqLPPOQRje12GsfFtrfJtsQZjK06Ke6Gkkluk8qPituO4IkuBuiuJuH0jfczLcLMPKKBci7uK(jGAOqvTuHQEQQPs4QsrTvHeFvsWzHsvRviWEP(RcgSICyuwmQYJfLjlPUmPndWNrLrlK60kTAfvQxljA2sCBG2nKFlvdxkDCfvYYf8CIMoY1bTDO47qjJxH48qL1le0(fv7Kw4JLYQKbdmzhvwKgfni3oYpzc(j47d6x7l9XlbEj4NiQylzuXgxCkVOYpR2hlLvjdgyYoQSinIIXNxmXfbnaU6zrP7xBHVosldvR1MN)w7hJc2r5tJcrKgWwfyb0I4KyJbU4G4sK1b9dk32rcCTQpxOdB9RvzMFESXOGDu(0OqePH8PkWcOfXjZNWw(edCXbXLiRdMhBESrrdYTJQy(uYe8tWpp2zqk6EOI5tZaxShIlp28yXVJLg068jE4YNQGYQCgmWKj6OYI08yX(omKpL2tKpLmFQTWia9ay(e1ZNazigNMpXq15tYOzbnFcxhgYN6yHYNQGYQCgmWKjYJ1NLrlgvewoonauVwDkFFPwaGFFrKFdGfcGbQQXrSWhgk(rtuRSIrksyHfwjWszvYGbMmrhvwKgjwK4ftCrqdGREwu6(LoR2c)altTWhewO1ctM8Rxaa2myHWzHpiSqRfMm5dL6qwHjL(uaQ(ayz02rw4dcl0AHjt(HErTWhewO1ctM8ZkmP0cF5I4kQFmJbc40rBovmoEt(eROiYcFqyHwlmzYVftlXkkISWhewO1ctMm5JGGIWYXPbPttAYhJttopEj9zwyYpZcNM0cFS2AkANwnF)SEPhSWPZ7u(jMts(85ZNp)QJB(5Xor2KpRUEPTJyLbkSCCAqAHttAHperHLJtdw4drl5tSaNsM8PWYXPbl8HOL8jwGtj)ALheaabUw1F0XvHFe3Cv(qKIrrKpdsDFOuhGOLCdFeduLwyYhk1HmMKe4AvZZxXOiYVjMK8jCTQVKyeu6lH8umkIoeaGDe)HMMDXWfZIx4dL6WIineGT0YROUHVeYtXOic)GcyhX)4pUQQmzYP4zHperHLJtdwyYNclhNgSWhIwYVTWWPbFisXOiYNbPUpuQdy0O3SIAE(qPoWklg1n8vmkI8BQJQxA7iPpuQdq0sUHVeYtXOi6qaa2r8hAA2fdxmlEHpHRv9LeJGsFjKNIrre(bfWoI)XFCvvzYKjFaDe5lWAOjfnaKyOrVu7huUTJe4Av)nRJ8zOfKrBhzHpiBrw4t4Av)2GkvYVnOsL8BHfPAYKplJwmQiSCCAaOET6u((lAPHSoyBrjT2Pj9rqqry540G0PX5diWa1tbgXCAK9hbyaaKk5u8Idp)iS3bDk)e4fv)6v2wy4oXYQu6hrPIXXhFZ4lWU(uy540Gf(qPoiB1sjLbQUHpuQdelWPu86Cb3GwBE(qKIrrKpdsDFOuhGOLCdFzRwkPmq1PjRoU5ez88vmkI8NLrBhLp1SKXRO(eUw1xsmck9HsDyry0Gunp)GYkVvlLugO63uhjHGA(eqmUnZpdkPo4q0BT6tlOwBYV0z1w4xVaaSzWcHZcFqyHwlmzYhalJ2oYcFqyHwlmzYpRWKsl8bHfATWpMXabC6OnNkghVByYxUiUI6hZyGaoD0MtfJJ3KpXkkISWhewO1ctM8dSm1cFqyHwlmzYhk1HSctkDd)qVOw4dcl0AHjt(qPoGumAW88HsDiRdYJrUHFlMwIvuezHpiSqRfMmzYhqhrFJq1PjN3FR9BQJKqqnFcig3M5druy540Gf(YwTuszGQttwDCZjY4zYVELZneLrlg1Nvk(rRlx0KtRMVVKyzvkXVViYVbWcbWazYKjB

Oh, awesome! Thanks

EDIT: It appears to be for Disrupt, our interrupt. Do you have one for Consume Magic specifically?

I find the macro is resource capped frequently

For how long? I never noticed it. Show a video of it being capped on a dummy at least 2 mins long with your gear ilvl. I would be curious to see. I see it getting capped a little but not very long (1-2) seconds. What you going to use your pain on “Soul Cleave” that is a wasted skill to use just to eat pain. Thanks again for at least testing it. I appreciate your very detailed and thoughtful post.:slight_smile:

Should others expect this kind of response too comments on macros made by you Viper?

Perhaps try being less sensitive. You made a blanket statement with no details or data. He asked you to elaborate and provide something to work from if there is a veriafiable issue. I find it typically best to provide details if you are attempting to give a critique or feedback.

Documentation beats conversation every time.

I’ve personally used Viper and Enix macros for sometime now. Both are open to feedback if you give them enough to work with.

Just saying its resource capped tells him nothing. What speed are you running, what skill choices, which target dummy, how long was the session, did you notice after a particular skill fired, etc…

All of these types of things would be far more helpful than your one sentence.

Also because it has two times combat in it,
I have changed this line
/cast [combat,@player,combat] Sigil of Flame
to
/cast [nochanneling,@player,combat] Sigil of Flame

I also added [nochanneling] to almost all lines.

I also changed some other things, to make it more fitting to my playstyle.
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
to
/targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]
Just a personal preference, I don’t know if it makes any difference overall.

BTW. I really like the sequence, good job guys.

ps. gonna test out Felblade under the shift mod key if I need more healing instead of the extra dps with the sigil.
(Still 110 atm, so going to level and pull hard in tankmode. hehe)
As I normally solo quest / did dungeons more often and with some “healers” out there (/shakeshead) and I love the charge and the healing it gives. :wink:

@dr good find thanks on the combat double must have been a typo. :slight_smile: I’m not sure I’m following the nochanneling part with everything in there. Since nothing is a cast? I guess in theory it doesn’t hurt to have it but be polite with other spells and wait for them to finish. Also regarding felblade please let me know how it works. This macro will not work the same as it requires more soul cleave

Felblade is the best if you are playing purely defensive and are focusing on casting Soul Cleave as much as possible.

None of the hardcore mythic + tanks are taking this as of yet so I would be curious to know what happens in your test @120 mythics. Thanks for testing that.

[quote quote=64132]Perhaps try being less sensitive. You made a blanket statement with no details or data. He asked you to elaborate and provide something to work from if there is a veriafiable issue. I find it typically best to provide details if you are attempting to give a critique or feedback.
Documentation beats conversation every time.
I’ve personally used Viper and Enix macros for sometime now. Both are open to feedback if you give them enough to work with.
Just saying its resource capped tells him nothing. What speed are you running, what skill choices, which target dummy, how long was the session, did you notice after a particular skill fired, etc…
All of these types of things would be far more helpful than your one sentence.[/quote]

Yes, I wasn’t trying to be mean about it just point out that I need more details. Just being capped is not going to help me. Since I’m a serious tank and focus on pushing hard into mythics I have not seen this with multiple people testing it out prior to release. I’m sitting at 3 (120’s) that are all mythic geared and various other 113 plus toons.

Viper,

I did find that if I ran the macro on my system at 50ms I did cap frequently but adjusting my speed upwards in increments of 5 allowed me to find my sweet spot. But like you said in the main post, “Speed should be between 50 and 80”…

[quote quote=64145]Viper,
I did find that if I ran the macro on my system at 50ms I did cap frequently but adjusting my speed upwards in increments of 5 allowed me to find my sweet spot. But like you said in the main post, “Speed should be between 50 and 80″…[/quote]

Thanks for reporting appreciate the feedback!

I like the macro but I made a few changes to it. I agree that it is a good idea to have a way to cast infernal strike when needed manually but I don’t use it to kite because to me that is a waste to only use it then because it’s quite useful in combat. So I simply changed
/cast Immolation Aura
into
/castsequence [@player,combat] reset=14 Immolation Aura, Infernal Strike, Immolation Aura

The idea being that because Immolation Aura has a cooldown at about the same time as Infernal Strike this way it will cast it in the macro then wait a bit before casting it again. This way you can still cast manually during boss fights somewhat often without running out of charges completely so long as you don’t do it often (great for when they spawn adds you need to grab). You get an option to manually cast 1 Infernal Strike cast every 12 seconds at least and it can build back up after use to the max amount of charges afterward. It’s not for everyone but since I use the azerite trait that lowers the remaining cooldown of my sigils when a sigil goes off and that includes the sigil infernal strike places its better if I have it cast as often as I feel I can get away with without losing the option for manual casting.