What does the following mean?

I see some rotations with this

"what does the (!) mean?
/cast !Consecration

Why does this have it twice? Meaning? Every 7 seconds it it cast it?
/castsequence reset=7 Consecration, Consecration

I’m assuming this means based on your talent choice so does the following mean Row 5 talent choice 1?
/cast [talent:5/1] Hand of the Protector

Do we need to use nochanneling in GSE anymore? See some people use it and some dont.

Thanks in advance!

! means that if its not in effect cast it but if its on dont turn it off.

no idea - thats a broken castsequence that does exact the same thing as /cast consecration

It means that if you have talent on row 5 column 1 cast the spell.

Thanks Mr. Luke:)

So what about the reset part of it, and the nochanneling comment I had?

Thanks again sir!

[quote quote=48417]I see some rotations with this
“what does the (!) mean? /cast !Consecration
Why does this have it twice? Meaning? Every 7 seconds it it cast it? /castsequence reset=7 Consecration, Consecration
I’m assuming this means based on your talent choice so does the following mean Row 5 talent choice 1? /cast [talent:5/1] Hand of the Protector
Do we need to use nochanneling in GSE anymore? See some people use it and some dont.
Thanks in advance!
[/quote]
I know TimothyLuke already commented on the post but I thought that I would add my 2 cents.

1. The “!” in front of a spell does as TimothyLuke stated. A good example of its usage is this:
    /cast Stealth
    if you press this macro multiple times on a Rogue it will upon first press: cause you to enter Stealth mode but the following press will cause you to leave Stealth.
    /cast !Stealth
    on first press: does the same as before and causes you to enter Stealth, but every press of the macro thereafter does nothing and you remain in Stealth allowing you to smash the macro without fear of entering and leaving Stealth a split second later.
    People tend to use “!” out of context alot or rather in front of spells that it does not work with or has no effect (There are very few spells that this actually works for and is usually reserved for spells that are more of a toggle on/off) I don’t believe consecrate works this way, but I don;t have a pala to test this and confirm but I am reasonably sure that in your case removing the “!” would cause the macro to function identically.

the castsequence line is there for this reason:
/castsequence reset=7 ‘Spell 1’, ‘Spell 1’
is nearly the same as"
/cast ‘Spell 1’
with an exception…The reset, you cannot assign a reset to a simple /cast and only having 1 spell in a /castsequence causes things to be wonky sometimes. I cannot think of a reason to do this, but it does technically function differently. Also I’d like to point out that "reset=‘X’ where ‘X’= a number value that represents seconds in a macro is also often misunderstood. People will type reset=2 and expect that the cast sequence will reset after 2 seconds but this is not true at all, what it really means is that the castsequence will reset 2 seconds after the last time the macro button was pressed, so if the button is being spammed the castsequence never resets.
I use a trick similar to this usage of /castsequence in my Feral Druid routine as follows:
/castsequence reset=target Rake, Null
causes the macro to cast Rake 1 time each time a new target is selected and not again until a new target is selected.

The “talent:5/1” is exactly as stated: if we have talent ‘Row 5’ ‘spell 1’ as a talent choice then do the following:…

As for the [channeling] [nochanneling] conditional the answer is ye you need to use it if you are on a class that uses a channeled spell and you do not want that channeled spell to be clipped by another spell. Quick and dirty example as follows:

/cast Regrowth
/cast Tranquility
/cast Rejuvination

if this were used in a macro sequence would cast Regrowth and once that is cast it would begin casting Tranquility but would abruptly stop casting it and “clip” it with a Rejuvination cast and render the tranquility and its long CD useless. to avoid this you would do the following:

/cast [nochanneling:Tranquility] Regrowth
/cast Tranquility
/cast [nochanneling] Rejuvination

Now I did a few different things there for a reason. The [nochanneling:Tranquility] specifies the channeled spell not to interrupt and so Regrowth will only not interupt that specific channeled spell, any others and it will clip them. There is no conditional in front of Tranquility because it has a long enough CD that it cannot clip itself, but if this were on a Priest with Mindflay you would need to put a [nochanneling] conditional in front of that as well as it can be recast repeatedly and clip itself. The last use of [nochanneling] in my example will not allow Rejuvination to clip any Channeled spell. There are other creative ways that these conditionals can be used but generally this should give you an understanding.

All of these things are often misunderstood and or misused to one degree or another. I hope this helps.

1 Like

Dark!!! Thanks so much for this clarification! Are you the same dark that used to have an addon that was updated back in the day when GSE first came out? I loved all your stuff, but now unfortunately I’m not a huge fan of druids, and NOT because they’re not GREAT, but more personal preference!

I would love the opportunity to talk with you in Discord if you ever had the chance. Do some training. I’m sure I can compensate you somehow in game :slight_smile:

Let me know. My name is ULT on the WowLazyDiscord group, and was wondering if I can copy paste your post (giving you credit) in the How to guide section of WLM?

Thanks!

[quote quote=48431]Dark!!! Thanks so much for this clarification! Are you the same dark that used to have an addon that was updated back in the day when GSE first came out? I loved all your stuff, but now unfortunately I’m not a huge fan of druids, and NOT because they’re not GREAT, but more personal preference!
I would love the opportunity to talk with you in Discord if you ever had the chance. Do some training. I’m sure I can compensate you somehow in game ???
Let me know. My name is ULT on the WowLazyDiscord group, and was wondering if I can copy paste your post (giving you credit) in the How to guide section of WLM?
Thanks!
[/quote]

John,
I have been asked about previous profiles by other users as well. I am unfortunately not the same “Dark”. My only published work with GSE are the 2 Druid macros that I have listed. I have many other projects in various states of chaos but nothing that has been shared. I am around in Discord off and on and you are welcome to hit me up there (or here) anytime. My life is generally a maintained state of controlled chaos but is in hyper drive right now as I have a broken hand with a ruptured Tendon (makes typing a bit rough) and I am a Design Engineer at my day job, but I generally try to respond in a timely manner to the best of my ability.

with respect to my post, yes please feel to do with as you wish. My only intent is to help whoever is interested.

Thanks and have a great day