Why won't this work?

Hoping to pick some smarter brains than mine…when it’s like this, it fires of a Schism and a Shadow Mend, then stops for a bit, maybe fires off a Light’s Wrath, stops again, then throws in a few random Penances or Smites. Against a dummy I even seem to leave combat (Skada resets).

If I put the sequence into the Pre-Macro box, everything works but my chat log fills up with ‘invalid step assigned by custom step sequence’ errors every 50ms or so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I’m sure it’s something simple I’m missing!)

Sequences['JD_Atonement'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.02.
  Author="Phrune@Nagrand",
  SpecID=256,
  Talents = "3211111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm,dead]",
        "/cast Schism",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target  Purge the Wicked, Smite, Smite",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Penance",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Power Word: Solace",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Shadow Mend, Plea, Plea",
        "/cast Light's Wrath",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [@focus, nodead] Power Word: Radiance",
      },
    },
  },
}

Oh…forgot to add. For some reason, the macro I’ve assigned for this will change from;

#showtooltip
/click JD_Atonement

to this;

#showtooltip
/click [button:2] JD_Atonement RightButton; [button:3] JD_Atonement MiddleButton; [button:4] JD_Atonement Button4; [button:5] JD_Atonement Button5; JD_Atonement

It does this by itself. I’m not having any problems with macros or GSS on any other class.

All GSE2 macros look like the latter. This is to support the ability to assign a reset to the entire macro pulled from GSE 2.0.10 and replaced in GSE 2.1.00. (EG In GSE Options, assign Mouse Button 4 to reset a macro then click the macro with Mouse Button 4) https://wowlazymacros.com/forums/topic/gse-2-1-targettrue-replacement-options-feedback-needed/page/2/#post-44266

PreMacro is a bunch of steps to execute before the Macro itself. If you move all the macro to PreMacro there wont be any normal steps to execute and it will give you that message. See GSE2: KeyPress and Key Release vs PreMacro and PostMacro + Inner Loop - How To's - WoW Lazy Macros

this macro wont work for me… it stalls in the beginning and it does not cast smite at all?

Thanks TimothyLuke.

I simply took the ‘KeyPress’ and ‘KeyRelease’ lines and copied them into the Pre- and PostMacro windows respectively and all works fine now.

Sequences['JD_Atonement'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.
  Author="Phrune@Nagrand",
  SpecID=256,
  Talents = "3211111",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/targetenemy [noharm,dead]",
        "/cast Schism",
      },
        "/cast [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target  Purge the Wicked, Smite, Smite",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Penance",
        "/cast [nochanneling] Power Word: Solace",
        "/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Shadow Mend, Plea, Plea",
        "/cast Light's Wrath",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast [@focus, nodead] Power Word: Radiance",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=49821]this macro wont work for me… it stalls in the beginning and it does not cast smite at all?
[/quote]

Not trying to be rude at all, but if you go back and read the OP, he is asking for help because he already said the macro didn’t work and he couldn’t figure out why. He wasn’t asking any of us to try it out to see how it works :wink:

hallo, it will work if you delete

"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Purge the Wicked, Smite, Smite",

add

"/cast [nochanneling] Smite",

where you want to have it in your rotation.

[quote quote=50082]Thanks TimothyLuke.
I simply took the ‘KeyPress’ and ‘KeyRelease’ lines and copied them into the Pre- and PostMacro windows respectively and all works fine now.

<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'JD_Atonement'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-c">-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.03.</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Author</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-s">"Phrune@Nagrand"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">SpecID</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">256</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">Talents</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"3211111"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-st">Default</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">MacroVersions</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-cn">1</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Sequential"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyPress</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/targetenemy [noharm,dead]"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Schism"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">}</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Power Word: Shield"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target Purge the Wicked, Smite, Smite"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Penance"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [nochanneling] Power Word: Solace"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [@mouseover,exists,help,nodead] Shadow Mend, Plea, Plea"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast Light's Wrath"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"/cast [@focus, nodead] Power Word: Radiance"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">KeyRelease</span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote]

didnt he say timothy helped and its working