WindWalker Monk GS (Newest) 5/12/15

Hi all,

Starting to play my monk in pvp and am starting with these.

Talents: 2,1,2,3,3,1,3
Glyphs: Spheres, Targeted Explosion, Floating Butterfly

Single Target:

Sequences['Wwmonk'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Jab,Jab,Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Rising Sun Kick',
	'/cast [combat] Fists of Fury',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Jab',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Chi Wave',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Blackout Kick',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Tiger Palm',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Leg Sweep',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Jab, Jab, Energizing Brew',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Expel Harm',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Jab,Jab,Jab,Jab,Tigereye Brew',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] Serenity
/use [combat] 13
/use Energizing Brew
/use Tigereye Brew
/use Touch of Death
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Aoe/single:

Sequences['WwmonkAoE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Storm, Earth, and Fire',
	'/castsequence [nochanneling] Rising Sun Kick,Tiger Palm',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Fists of Fury',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Chi Explosion',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Rushing Jade Wind',
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] Serenity
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}

Still will be updating these as I go along and learn more. So far just using them all for both pvp and pve.

Thanks,

Beef

Hi
im going try your new macros in pvp to night, on training dolls the work great :slight_smile:

Jimmy

[quote quote=24465]Hi im going try your new macros in pvp to night, on training dolls the work great :)
Jimmy
[/quote]

Thanks Jimmy,

I have been trying and trying to get some good ones working and have about 5 different ones in my sequencer. I have never really played a monk except for in pvp so I will definitely be working on getting these better and better, again thanks for the patience.

Beef

Beef, I have tried it on training dummies and Im self buffed with pots and food etc. DPS peaks at about 19k then slowly is falling off. Also noticing that the Fist of fury isnt going off and when it does its being cut short. Also using tigerseye brews really fast cant give you an exact number as I wasnt watching but I can tell you its well short of 10 and like around 5ish range. I will play with the macro a bit and see if I can refine some things. As I really love my monk I just need to get some reasonable and reliable DPS to raid. Ill keep you posted and if you come across anything let us know.

PS Love your work I use your Hunter macro and rogue.

Ghoste

[quote quote=24489]Beef, I have tried it on training dummies and Im self buffed with pots and food etc. DPS peaks at about 19k then slowly is falling off. Also noticing that the Fist of fury isnt going off and when it does its being cut short. Also using tigerseye brews really fast cant give you an exact number as I wasnt watching but I can tell you its well short of 10 and like around 5ish range. I will play with the macro a bit and see if I can refine some things. As I really love my monk I just need to get some reasonable and reliable DPS to raid. Ill keep you posted and if you come across anything let us know.
PS Love your work I use your Hunter macro and rogue.
Ghoste
[/quote]

Ghoste,

Thanks for checking it out. I stated that this is definitely a work in progress, and am still trying to figure everything out about how the monk works. I can only do so much with little knowhow as far as putting them in a sequence that works perfect with Chi. But I will continue to update this as I am in dire need of also making one that when I attack it heals me huge before going back to my main dos rotation. I really appreciate the feedback and will do my best to update this asap.

Beef

No worries Beef just appreciate what you do. And If I can help you with testing Ill do my best and report what I find. 2 is better than one. Im really excited about this macro above all other because I love the monk class.

Hi

I like this macro it seems to Work fine :slight_smile:

Jimmy

Amazing work as usual Beef. Due to it clipping Fist I took it out of the macro and made a stopcast macro to use it separately.

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Fists of Fury

Won’t let me delete the double post, sorry.

Try this I think I fixed your fists issues.

Sequences['WW-MONK'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/cast [combat]!Fists of Fury',
'/cast [nochanneling] chi wave',
'/cast [nochanneling] !rising sun kick',
'/cast [nochanneling] jab',
'/cast [nochanneling] blackout kick',
'/cast [nochanneling] tiger palm',
'/cast [nochanneling, combat]Energizing Brew',
PostMacro = [[
/cast !touch of death
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

Beef’s macro:

Sequences['WW-MONK'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/cast !touch of death
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/use Energizing Brew
/use Tigereye Brew
]],
}

That works great, I added Disable to it for PVPing thanks Beef and Rod!

Thanks Beef and Rod! gonna check out this macro! i am ilvl 703 and tried diffrent macros from the forum, i do like 29-35k max in HFC HC raids! just tested this one out on a dummy did average 44k but i will test it out on a raid tonight i use GS macro on al of my 3 characters my DK does 60k+ with i lvl 709 shaman does 40ish with 705 but my monks does really really bad dps with 703 and i actually like playing monks the most… so if anyone has any tip idea or anything at all to help me buff up my monk please help me out! thanks

Actually after further testing Beefs macro that Rod posted I noticed Touch of Death never gets used I have to cast it separately.

Perhaps that line needs to be under the startattack line?

I will test it more and see.

Sequences['fistmw'] = { StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[ /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], '/castsequence [nochanneling] Jab,Jab,Jab,Tiger Palm,Tiger Palm', '/cast [nochanneling] Rising Sun Kick', '/cast [combat] Fists of Fury', '/cast [nochanneling] Jab', '/cast [nochanneling] Chi Wave', '/cast [nochanneling] Chi Explosion', '/cast [nochanneling] Jab', '/cast [nochanneling] Tiger Palm', '/cast [nochanneling] Leg Sweep', '/use [nochanneling] Chi Brew', '/cast [nochanneling] Expel Harm', PostMacro = [[ /use [combat] 13 /use Mana Tea /use Touch of Death /startattack /script UIErrorsFrame:Hide(); /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 ]], }

i changed a little for fistweaving. what do you think? edit: i deleted the fists of fury, lol

Anyone got any working that do comparable DPS to other melee classes…

Monk is my main and I will admit since MOP doesnt seem to pull and weight any more… Ive tried to write my own but failed miserably…

Please help…

I did some tweaking and got it to fire off the fists of fury without being blocked. I went from 6k to 16k with bursts to 20k and I have 630 gear

Sequences['WW-MONK'] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast [nochanneling] Rushing jade wind',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat,nochanneling] !touch of death
/startattack
/cast [combat,nochanneling] crystal of insanity
/use [combat,nochanneling]13
/use [combat,nochanneling]14
/use [combat,nochanneling]Energizing Brew
/use [combat,nochanneling]Tigereye Brew
]],
}

Hello Guys thank you for all the hard work but I guess I’m missing something i’m putting this into my GS and getting nothing out just blank macro box any ideas please?

Hello Guys thank you for all the hard work but I guess I’m missing something i’m putting this into my GS and getting nothing out just blank macro box any ideas please?

How do you get the macro to work in game, I am new to macros and I cannot get it to work. I have installed the addon super duper macro and copied and pasted the full macro yet it still does not work my character just speaks the macro.