4.2 Hunter - Beast Mastery Lazy Macro

Sorry for not so much love on hunters in the past. Had to borrow my friends account, because my hunter is not 85 yet. This lazy macro is pretty nice, it pops all kind of cooldowns and keeps some constant decent damage (13k dps on dummy with 329 item level). I included a modifier for dump focus (Arcane Shot), but besides that is just a no brainer spam button.

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Arcane Shot;reset=target Serpent Sting, Hunter's Mark,null
/castsequence Cobra Shot
/castsequence Kill Command,Focus Fire
/castsequence reset=40 Intimidation,Bestial Wrath,Fervor,Rapid Fire
/cast Kill Shot
/use 13
/use 14

Macro Explanation:

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

This macro doesn’t work for me. It’ll pop the cooldowns and use Serpent Sting+Hunters mark at the start, but it wont use Kill Command, Focus Fire or anything on the the modifier.

Also, the Marksmanship macro doesn’t seem to cast Chimera shot, but otherwise it works as advertised :slight_smile:

Hello Gareth, I just tested both macros and they work just fine. A little troubleshooting questions would be, is your character lvl 85? have you trained all skills? Assuming yes, then is an error from copy and paste I bet. I did noticed that Kill Command and Focus Fire does not work if the pet is on passive, which is kinda obvious.
About Marksmanship macro, it is intended to use Chimera Shot. Why? It will use it after kill command is on cooldown. By statistics on elitist jerks assuming that they are correct, Steady Shot is a better filler on Marksmanship, read their forums for more info. You are welcome to modify it to your liking.

Hi,

I must’ve copied ot wrong then lol. I have trained all abilities on my hunter and am at 85. I’ll try using the new method you suggested on the home page and see if that helps :smiley:

Oh, if thats what is suggested then I can understand that. I just saw the line
“/castsequence Kill Command,Chimera Shot” on the macro and assumed it would cast Chimera shot when Kill Command wasn’t available.

I thought I might’ve broken it or found something that didn’t translate over well for 4.2 :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the great work. I love your macros!

I have a couple of questions.

1. Why does the first line only reset on target and not when Serpent Sting wears off?
  2. What does the “null” do?
  3. Why do you use /castsequence for Cobra Shot if it’s the only command on that line? Why not just use /cast?
  4. While I have seen all of the commands in the macro trigger at some time or other, it does sometimes seem like I’m spamming it and a bunch of things are available (including Kill Command) and they’re not getting triggered. Any idea why that would be?

Thanks!

Hello Palladia, I will try to give you the best answer.

1. The first line resets on the target because Serpent Sting is not required to be reapplied when using Cobra Shot. The Cobra Shot spell increases the duration of the Serpent Sting on the target.

2. “null” basically omits this cast line from being reused again depending on the modifier (in this case resets per target). If “null” was not in this line, it will try to reapply constantly Serpent Sting and Hunter’s Mark every time you push the macro and it would create a loop despite the reset on target. Reset on target only means to start from the first spell in the sequence when you change targets, not to just be fired once per target, that is when “null” comes in to play that role.

3. If I did not used “/castsequence” for Cobra Shot, the way the macros are read by the client it tends to stop reading the rest of the lines if a “/cast” line with spell is before a sequence. So to workaround in order to keep a fluent reading of the client is by prioritizing sequences before single casts.

4. There are a few things that causes this. The spells are fired by priority depending on the line they are in. Spells in further lines in the macro will have to wait for openings between global cooldowns from the spells that have been used in the lines before them. Due to the max character limitation in the macro box, sometimes I am not able complete a perfect rotation in cooldowns, like in this case some spells have to wait from a few seconds to maybe a few minutes in order to make a loop again.

Just remember like I tell everyone, some of these macros are better than people’s manual rotations, but some of them might not be as optimal. The advantage over manual is that while spamming this macro there is always something in queue, compared to human reflexes sometimes we might not be as fast all the time and kinda balances the performance of both.

Hopefully I answered all your questions clearly.

Thanks very much. You answered me perfectly. One reason I was confused about the first line was that I’ve been using the macro while leveling. I realized that I had to take out references to abilities I didn’t have yet, including Cobra Sting. I didn’t know that it renewed Serpent Sting. My hunter just hit 81 though, so I’ll be adding it back in and it will all make sense now. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your thorough reply!

i downloaded addon plugin for marco bank is dependices missing marco bank how do i do this im kinda losss

Hello ßußßle, it depends on Macro Bank. You can find it on curse or wowinterface by doing a search. Here is a link to make it easy for you: Macro Bank