4.2 Mage - Arcane Lazy Macro

Hello everyone, I know that arcane mages are not that popular, but if you got some friends that are stubborn and would not like to try other specs, here is a lazy macro for them. Basically it consists of a spammable spell, with a rotation in cooldowns and a modifier when decide to do Arcane Barrage Arcane Missiles.

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Arcane Missiles;Arcane Blast
/castsequence reset=120 Mana Gem,Presence of Mind,Arcane Power
/castsequence reset=180 Mirror Image,Flame Orb,Flame Orb,Flame Orb
/use 13
/use 14

Macro Explanation:

Do not forget to use focus magic and mage armor!

UPDATED June 7, 2011: Revised and removed Arcane barrage spell from the modifier, Arcane Missiles are now the current modifier.
UPDATED July 22, 2011: Changed orbs and images in their own sequence for faster response.
UPDATED August 5, 2011: Added Mana Gem to the second castsequence and rearranged the order for more burst.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

For some reason the modifier isn’t working at all when I try to use it. I don’t mind having a second button in the rotation, but I thought you would want to know.

Hello Amele, I just took time to test it on my mage and the lazy macro still working fine. Make sure is pasting it correctly on the game, check how to’s section where I explain when is a good copy and paste from a macro, sometimes is a pain to copy from the browser.
Just remember that the modifier is only needed when your missiles light up and only have to hit it once and wait til is done to spam the macro again.

Amele, the most common issue with modifyiers is keybindings, remove them from cycling action bars 2-6

Tried this but but 2nd castsequence never fired mostly due Mana Gem in there
Changed it to
castsequence [mod]Arcane Missiles;Arcane Blast
/castsequence reset=110 Presence of Mind,Arcane Power
/use Mana Gem
/castsequence reset=180 Mirror Image,Flame Orb,Flame Orb,Flame Orb
/use 13
/use 14

And works fine for me

Everything but Arcane Missiles works for me in that macro plz help me :slight_smile:

Hello Mageaoutside, hold a modifier key for the missiles. Modifier keys are: Alt or Ctrl or Shift.

I tired but when i press one of them it greys out and won’t let me use the thing…

Me too And the same thing happens to me

I tried and when i press any of those keys it greys out and i can’t use it…

Nvm bout that "Me too thingy meant to say on diff page lol…

Nvm Got it all worked out now ty for your help Luis

Hello Anumm, is greyed out because it can only be used when the proc is up that activates the missiles. Otherwise it will be unavailable.

I’m glad you got it working :slight_smile: