4.2 Paladin - Protection (Tank) Lazy Macro

This macro for paladin tanks it works pretty good with right gear and spec. It works for me very well when I tank once in a while. Basically this brainless macro has a small sequence with modifier for Avenger’s Shield and pops cooldowns whenever available.

Macro might be outdated, please check the forums for up to date macros.

/castsequence [fusion_builder_container hundred_percent="yes" overflow="visible"][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type="1_1" background_position="left top" background_color="" border_size="" border_color="" border_style="solid" spacing="yes" background_image="" background_repeat="no-repeat" padding="" margin_top="0px" margin_bottom="0px" class="" id="" animation_type="" animation_speed="0.3" animation_direction="left" hide_on_mobile="no" center_content="no" min_height="none"][mod]Avenger's Shield;reset=9 Judgement,Holy Wrath,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Crusader Strike
/cast Consecration
/cast Holy Shield
/cast Divine Protection
/cast Ardent Defender
/cast Avenging Wrath
/use 13
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED July 8, 2011: Revised for Patch 4.2 and also added trinkets.

UPDATED July 23, 2011: Added Holy Shield instead of 1 trinket for more avoidance in less time (Thanks to Baine for the idea).[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

Ok really, usually I don’t comment on your posts but I really need to ask something. I noticed that when I try to post a comment the page after I click the button is blank. Is that because of some spamfilter? If so what is it? Also where can I download it, I would like to try it on my own blog! Would be much appreciated. Regards, Jenni

I don’t have many plugins installed so I could take a guess, is probably either the wordpress theme, seo pack or the latest version from wordpress (3.1.2). I tried to find a section related to your question but could not find any, is probably embedded on the code, I also have to approve the comments if that helps.

What service do you use for RSS feed? Is it feedburner? I ask because I cant figure out how to install a RSS service on my Blogger blog. I wouldn’t get any of that techy stuff if my life would depent on it :s So if you use a RSS feed service please let me know. Thanks! Jen

I do believe is feedburner, but I’ll be looking into that when I come back home from this trip.

hey first off i really like what you do here and i appreciate your hard work. secondly i was wondering what a good substitute would be if say someone didn’t want to use the alt for avenger’s shield. what would be the best replacement for the "[mod]Avenger’s Shield’ (since i already faceroll the avenger’s shield along with hammer of wrath with this macro.)

thank you for your time and have a great day.

Hi James, I suppose you can replace it with [mod]Shield of the Righteous ,but you would have to get rid of 1 of the lines for trinkets to make space. Hope this is what you were looking for.

that’s a great idea. would i be able to include Shield of the Righteous in the normal cast sequence instead of making it a mod? I just know SotR is a great threat move and I would like to include it in the spam rotation. But if you think that wouldn’t be a good idea, then I’ll trust you. :slight_smile:

thanks for your help.

The reason I didn’t put it in the beginning is because it is only worth firing SotR with 3 charges of Holy Power and in my case Avenger’s Shield comes up more often. Also the paladin aggro is so ridiculous that I don’t even have to use it most of the time, so I just save it for extra healing. I don’t say that I recommend saving it for the healing but it just depends on the play-style of the individual.
The problem with including it on the rotation is, if you miss a move that gives holy power and do not have any charges left to cast it, your rotation might get stuck.

personally, i’ve removed the trinkets, and added /use Holy Shield instead
since holy shield is no langer passive, and /use has the same effect as /cast and is 1 sign shorter =) (with cast the /startattack at the end was cut off by one letter, so yeah…)

Thanks Baine for the contribution, I was able to squeeze it in the macro but had to remove the lower trinket. I still used /cast in case blizzard decides to break it from using /use on spells.
I wish they remove /cast or /castsequence for /use or /usesequence instead, it gives us an extra character :wink: Too bad /usesequence does not work.

what if i don’t want the avenger’s shield mod how do you remove it? would it be

/castsequence Judgement,Holy Wrath,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Crusader Strike

or do i need to use that reset function?

Hi Roger, yes you need to add the reset function otherwise it would start midway. This is how you would want it:
/castsequence reset=9 Judgement,Holy Wrath,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement,Crusader Strike,Crusader Strike

Thank you. To show my appreciation of your quick reply I would like to share a poem I wrote for ya…

Oh Luis.
You’re awesome.
You make WoW,
Less fearsome.
Cuz I just wanna have fun.
And you make that happen.
Oh Luis.
You’re one awesome dude.

-Roger

Hi Roger, that was very thoughtful and thank you for the poem. :slight_smile:

hey i have a follow up quesiton i guess from what roger was asking. say you elminated the “mod” part of the macro and added the 2nd trinket, would the reset still equal 9 or would it have to be longer? thanks for your hard work! me and my roommate constantly check this site for updates. :slight_smile:

Hello Lazerboy, the reset can stay at 9 but no more than 14. The reset is just part of the castsequence in order to start with Judgement if you have not clicked on the macro for 9 seconds. Example being out of combat for 9 seconds or more it will start with Judgement again, otherwise it would continue the sequence.

Hi all,

I have been using this macro for some time now, and it also works for me
Its in 2 parts

I have made this macro aswell and bound to E

/startattack
/Click ActionButton7 (aggrotanking)
/Click ActionButton2 (Avenger’s Shield)
/Click ActionButton6 (holy wrath)

What this macro does, is using the aggrotanking macro(see below) first, if on cool down he sees if avengershield is available, and as last holy wrath.
If U have time U can throw some consecration as well, but that is an mana waste imo.

(aggrotanking)
/castsequence reset=target/7 Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement,Hammer of the Righteous,Shield of the Righteous,Hammer of the Righteous

Its strange since i use this my rotation has some waiting time on the holy filler. I might need some help/idea’s on that.
Now i use extra holy for healing…

Hello Aanske, thanks for sharing with everyone your macro.

For the “holy filler” do you mean Holy Wrath? If it is, try to put your “/Click ActionButton6” between the other 2 and check if is better than before. If not, what do you mean by holy filler?

My thing with names is sowwwww bad, but i asked around and its Holy power bar, so i have more holy power now. U can imagin thats a waste off holy power.